PDA

View Full Version : I played Fever at gamestop yesterday and.....



consolegamer
08-07-2002, 10:30 AM
It is no different than last years game. I'm not buying it. The only difference is the roster updates. The graphics are the same, and the animation is limited more than last years effort. The sound is also looped to hell and why the heck would they use a basketball announcer for a football game??? The announcing sucks. My advice: Keep fever 2002. There isn't any updates for the new fever at all. I couldn't judge the online aspect of it, but it really is a poor effort on Microsoft's part.:(

CrazyCougar
08-07-2002, 01:00 PM
Well that helps me towards the 2k3 purchase...LOL! I'll have to go check it out....wonder if blockbuster has it for rent yet..

robnyack
08-07-2002, 01:07 PM
console,

why would we keep 2002 when 2003 has online play? That in itself is a huge upgrade.

however, I'm a little less than enthusiastic with the initial comments I am hearing about the game.

cityson
08-07-2002, 01:08 PM
If you are planning to buy Xbox Live!, you really should get Fever.

CrazyCougar
08-07-2002, 01:09 PM
Yeah me too robnyack...i was really looking forward to making my first Fever purchase but wonder now if its gonna be worth it. Maybe NFL2k3 IS the way to go.....dunno yet! My blockbuster card is gonna get a workout!! Wonder how long that promotion of Freedom Pass lasts yet!

consolegamer
08-07-2002, 09:12 PM
I figured that most people into sports games want realism. Fever is not it!. It's almost like blitz in a way. Very unrealistic. If i'm to play someone online during the beloved football season, it's gonna be with 2k3. I already have 2K3 reserved along with madden 2003. I'm picking them up tuesday. I'm glad I made the right decision. :)

POD13259
08-07-2002, 09:40 PM
NFL2K3 for me. An update of the rosters won't be enough to beat Sega's football game, especially since they both fall inthe online category.

CrazyCougar
08-07-2002, 10:30 PM
Well lets see updated rosters and online.......Don't the two go hand in hand!! Wont we be able to update our own rosters as they have said that in the past about sporting games online in the future? Hmmmm, looks like Fever is going dead in the water as every second passes. Updated rosters, what an improvement! And seattle's uniforms aren't that drastically different either!

consolegamer
08-08-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar
Well lets see updated rosters and online.......Don't the two go hand in hand!! Wont we be able to update our own rosters as they have said that in the past about sporting games online in the future? Hmmmm, looks like Fever is going dead in the water as every second passes. Updated rosters, what an improvement! And seattle's uniforms aren't that drastically different either!
With 2K3 going online, who needs fever??? it's EXACTLY the same game as last year except for online play and less animations. It really sucks and if you want reassurance, rent it or play it at a store near you. It blows chunks. Even the people at gamestop recommended people from not buying it and buying madden and 2k3. Or read the videogames review or ign review. it's sad with a capital S:(

lllSmokelll
08-10-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by cityson
If you are planning to buy Xbox Live!, you really should get Fever.
:( ....you should get nfl2k3!!!!!

robnyack
08-10-2002, 08:14 PM
the only way I will play Fever live is if I am chosen to be a beta tester.

On Thursday, this clunker of a game is going to be traded in for NFL2k3.

peejay2288
08-13-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by consolegamer
It is no different than last years game. I'm not buying it. The only difference is the roster updates. The graphics are the same, and the animation is limited more than last years effort. The sound is also looped to hell and why the heck would they use a basketball announcer for a football game??? The announcing sucks. My advice: Keep fever 2002. There isn't any updates for the new fever at all. I couldn't judge the online aspect of it, but it really is a poor effort on Microsoft's part.:(

thankyou. This makes me more confident on my desicon to go with 2K3:)