PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! 2K3 or Fever??

CrazyCougar
08-07-2002, 11:58 AM
Hey guys, I need some help here as is it just about purchase time. Which should I get NFL 2K3 or Fever 2003? I am hearing a lot of negative about Fever and its making me wonder which to get now. Is NFL 2K3 a better game then it was last year? I see a lot of online leagues already forming for 2K3 but not Fever and I want to participate in one. Need your opinions before I buy. Guess I'll rent them at Blockbuster too just to see.

Also is there any comparison of Sega's NCAA 2k3 to EA's NCAA 2003. I have NCAA 2003 and think its the best college game I ever played. And most definitely will buy Madden just to import my draft rosters...LOL!!! I wanna know if NCAA 2K3 works the same way. Comments?

Thanks guys for your help!

robnyack
08-07-2002, 12:11 PM
cougar,

I know what you mean. I was going to boycott madden this year, because I was sure i would be able to have fun with Fever and/or NFL2k3. But, I am so hooked with NCAA 2003, that I am considering the fact that I might have to get Madden just so I can import my graduating seniors from NCAA to Madden!!!

As for Fever or NFL2k3......from the movies I've seen of NFL2k3, they have really stepped up and took a nice leap forward this year. It is sounding more and more like perhaps Fever decided just adding online play would be enough.

I got news for them....it won't be enough.

CrazyCougar
08-07-2002, 12:23 PM
Thanks for the words of wisdom.....guess i should check out some of the online reviews, but I dont always trust them as they can to be very biased as some personal opinions. I just want a solid football game...LOL!:eek:

robnyack
08-07-2002, 12:43 PM
cougar,

not sure if you saw these movies for NFL2k3 or not. check them out. real nice showing of the franchise mode and all it entails

http://www.2kmania.com/franchisemovies.asp

CrazyCougar
08-07-2002, 12:59 PM
Sweeeeet! Thanks man...... i actually haven't looked all that in depth at 2k3 but since this dilemna has arose I have too..LOL!

robnyack
08-07-2002, 01:03 PM
i thought I'd take another look at the movies, but man, is it me, or is the d/l rate right now slow as all hell?

CrazyCougar
08-07-2002, 01:09 PM
SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!! LOL! And I got DSL!! fell like i'm 14.4

robnyack
08-07-2002, 01:14 PM
try back there later.

usually works very well.

CrazyCougar
08-07-2002, 01:18 PM
Kewl man.. Thanks for the help anyways. I appreciate it. New to this forum so its nice to correspond with a decent person.

cityson
08-07-2002, 01:19 PM
F E V E R

CrazyCougar
08-07-2002, 01:28 PM
Hmmmmmm.....trying to send me a subliminal message cityson?....LOL! I'm getting a fever from the choice I have to make thats for sure!!!!

studepaber
08-07-2002, 01:59 PM
If you want an arcadey football game with flashy graphics pick up Fever (although from what I've read it hasn't significantly improved from last year's version, which I thought was okay at best), although if you want a more realistic football game I think NFL 2K3 offers a bit more.

I'll most likely buy NFL 2K3 and rent Fever 2003.

Chaotic
08-07-2002, 03:02 PM
2K3 for sure, and BTW be sure to sign up for the ONLINE FOOTBALL LEAGUE in the xbox live forum :)

Highlite23
08-07-2002, 04:17 PM
2K3 without a doubt.;)

CrazyCougar
08-08-2002, 11:11 AM
WOW!!!!! Double WOW!!! And triple WOW!!!!!!!!! I just saw that trailer for offseason mode in Sega's NFL2k3!!! That looks awesome!!!! I just made up my mind. Fever, sorry but you lose out!!!!! Sega hands down is the best out there!!!!!! Now I just hope their college game is just as good and in depth!!!

Thank robynack for the links you provided for me to those trailers!!!! That just made my decision , hands down!

WOW! (I love ESPN too, and that makes it even better!)

xboxaddict1226
08-09-2002, 09:01 AM
im gonna get 2k3 too i never liked fever i dont know why its just a little too arcady for me

wweomaniac
08-09-2002, 10:05 AM
i'm getting 2k3 and I think you should also.

i've argued that fever sucks so many times on this forum that I'm not doing it again. Fever is just overrated and sucks in relation to Madden and 2k3 but fanboys and ignorants don't realize it.

lllSmokelll
08-09-2002, 03:53 PM
get 2k3

xboxaddict1226
08-10-2002, 11:17 AM
NFL2K3 will beat out both by a long shot. get it

Ghoohie
08-10-2002, 09:42 PM
No contest! Get NFL 2K3. Not only does it have online capabilities, but it also has the ESPN license. The players also look so real. the people in Fever are extremely out of proportion and the gameplay is most likely so much better with NFL 2K3.:)

MYSTERIOUS24J
08-11-2002, 12:23 AM
I have purchased fever 2003 and contrary to what every one says it does not suck! I have played the game about 20 hours and it rocks! I purchased fever 2002 when it first came out and while the differences are subtle it is enough to make 2003 the better overall game. I have owned the madden series(not 2003) for quite awhile now and while it was good it was not nearly as good as fever 2003! The graphics are incredible!

CrazyCougar
08-11-2002, 07:42 AM
I do know this much. I am not basing my purchase on graphics alone. I do think that Fever graphics look stunning, but the game is nto deep enough for me in franchise mode. They did nothing to enhance thata nd that does not make me happy. Anyway, 2K3 and Madden are on my list of things to buy.

hoy74
08-11-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by MYSTERIOUS24J
I have purchased fever 2003 and contrary to what every one says it does not suck! I have played the game about 20 hours and it rocks! I purchased fever 2002 when it first came out and while the differences are subtle it is enough to make 2003 the better overall game. I have owned the madden series(not 2003) for quite awhile now and while it was good it was not nearly as good as fever 2003! The graphics are incredible!

:mad: Fever flat out blows! Nothing outside of the online play was added, and oh yeah they tried to update the rosters, however Westbrook is still catching passes for Washington and I have heard of other players not being where they should.

:( The custom plays, and playbook was added, very nice feature, however my copy of Madden 2002 (and I think 2001, itsbeen so long ago) had this feature too.

:mad: However, when I was using my custom playbook, playing a Dynasty, halfway through game five the game became very choppy. Audio was hanging....No Big deal I thought, until the cut scenes starting hanging inbetween plays (30+ seconds). So I tried to save the game and reboot, a typical fix for buggy microsoft products. Alls I got from that was a warning message saying, and error has occured while trying to save your game,. To put it short, 5 games and reorganizing my team, all out the window. Because Fever corrupted my existing save, and refused to save at all.....horrible

:confused: Also, why would the capabilities to play a game online, or accross the network, be there and not give the ability to play Dynasty games accross the network? I wanted this feature, and It is not there????? This is mind boggling to me

:rolleyes: So now, I am taking back my Fever, and my friend is taking back his fever (We had so much hope for our 4 person Dynasty season) We are trying to decide to go the NCAA and import into Madden (Have two seasons going at the same time) or go with Sega's 2k3? Which one has the best frachise mode for multiple players? Also does anyone know if both Games can save a frachise to a standard memory card for carrying games between X-Boxxes? Fever 2002 on paper could not, but inside the game it could :)