PDA

View Full Version : xbox music visualization

sgs2003
08-07-2002, 04:06 PM
Has anyone heard if there is or will be visualization for the xbox? I imagine this would be like the 3D and AVS plugins for Winamp. It would either be installable and you could play a cd in the dvd drive. Or it could use the music on your hard drive and the software would run off of a disk. If anyone has heard any news about this I would love to hear about it.

Highlite23
08-07-2002, 04:09 PM
Doesn't the XBOX already have visualization?? Although only 1 pattern, but it's there.

sgs2003
08-07-2002, 05:39 PM
The visualization that xbox has built in is some of the ****tiest visualization i have ever seen. I know the xbox hardware can do much, much better. I think it is only a matter of time before visualization software comes out. I would think there would be a large demand for this, as Winamp visualization is very popular. But maybe I am wrong.

Toonz
08-07-2002, 09:26 PM
I'd be into that actually. Great for parties. I cue up my xbox and use it at parties so no one can mess with the stereo.

sgs2003
08-08-2002, 10:43 AM
Doesn't any one else wan't some cool xbox visualization? Maybe only the people who haven't seen some of the new 3D Winamp plugins. I suggest that you all download the Milkdrop plugin and trip out on it for a while. You won't regret it, it is very cool.

Steve1987
08-08-2002, 12:47 PM
Hey if you stare at the visualisations of the xbox music player in full screen for a while, they get a bit better. Sort of goes 3D, in a way, or my eyes f*ck up. :D
:eek:

Snapple
08-08-2002, 01:11 PM
man no other system has visuales and it would take alot of memory to put a music video with the song:rolleyes: think before you get ****ed off

btw:if you press y x or x y the little visuale thing will become big screen:D

OppiumNitrates
08-08-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by sgs2003
The visualization that xbox has built in is some of the ****tiest visualization i have ever seen. I know the xbox hardware can do much, much better. I think it is only a matter of time before visualization software comes out. I would think there would be a large demand for this, as Winamp visualization is very popular. But maybe I am wrong.

your crazy the Xbox visualization is sweet . . . granted i have seen better but it deffinatly dosen't suck

Dre
08-08-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

your crazy the Xbox visualization is sweet . . . granted i have seen better but it deffinatly dosen't suck

Ya, it doesn't suck... but like sgs2003 said, it could be so much better. It bites that it was sort of neglected, I would love to have some better visuals while playing tunes or a couple of different schemes I could choose from. I used to play winamp vis plugins that were better than the xbox one when I had my pentium 100. If they could design one that fully used Xbox's power that would be really sweet.

Toonz
08-08-2002, 05:15 PM
man no other system has visuales and it would take alot of memory to put a music video with the song think before you get ****ed off

No it would not and besides its a 8 GB HD theres tons of room

Snapple
08-08-2002, 06:20 PM
you all do understand the xbox wasnt all made for music visuals:rolleyes:ill say it again they probly didnt have enough room for better visuals and at least it has visuals:confused:

btw:i think theres pretty cool too

Toonz
08-08-2002, 08:39 PM
There is tons of room dude freaking tons.

sgs2003
08-08-2002, 11:51 PM
Yes, the xbox is more than capable of producing visuals as good or better than the current 3D Winamp visuals. Dude, don't you have faith in the Xbox? What makes you think it can't handle any graphics a PC can put out? (Granted, I haven't seen what the latest video cards can do with their insane amount of memory. But I have a video card with 32Mb and it runs the latest visualization easily.)

So the Xbox has a 8 gig HD? I always wondered how big it was 'cause I have alota **** on mine and it still says 50000+ availible. Thank for clearing that up for me.

shrew king
08-09-2002, 01:09 AM
i wouldnt mind havin a visual that reacts to beats in the music and stuff, i think it'd be cool.