PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get a grand soul gem???

masterchief2064
08-07-2002, 05:09 PM
????????

shrew king
08-08-2002, 12:28 AM
seriously? you cant find one? lol. If you go to Balmora, go to the Mages Guild. When there, go to the girl standing by a desk with gems on it, jump on the desk, go into sneak mode and you can take all the gems on her desk, the grand soul gem is the one that looks like a coin. save before you do this cause you might screw up or somethin, but if it works, try lookin in the desk as well, and the chest right by the desk MIGHT have some gems in it, i cant remember though, i think the girl sells em too.

masterchief2064
08-08-2002, 09:56 AM
she sells them and I saw that 1 before but it has a winged twilight in it, I want an empty one!!!!

Alien
08-08-2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by masterchief2064
she sells them and I saw that 1 before but it has a winged twilight in it, I want an empty one!!!! Just look around, they're not that hard to find, I currently have 16 of them, 3 filled with Golden Sainta, and one with a BoneLord. They're all over in smuggler's caves, and Daedric Shrines etc. Just look before you post stuff.

This is like asking where can I find a spoon.

elitewp
08-08-2002, 11:16 AM
just loot every cave and shrine you can find. there are plenty of grand soul gems to be found.

I did find one smuggler's cave, I think in the southeast, on my way to find the mudcrab trader. It was full of grand soul gems and soul gem feeder scrolls.

-EW

masterchief2064
08-08-2002, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by elitewp

I did find one smuggler's cave, I think in the southeast, on my way to find the mudcrab trader. It was full of grand soul gems and soul gem feeder scrolls.

Do u know the name of the cave?????

RudedogX
08-08-2002, 03:03 PM
I think some of the time in those caves it has to do with your luck. If you have bad luck, you might just get lesser or common soul gems. Either way, I have about 20 grand soul gems and I haven't even filled half of them. They're bound to be in the smugglers caves, but if you absolutely need one, there are two in Tel Fyr in the room below Divaeth Fyr.

Alien
08-08-2002, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by masterchief2064

Do u know the name of the cave????? There are tons of caves with them! Go look for yourself for once, we don't know all the locations. They random generate probably too.

shrew king
08-08-2002, 03:45 PM
Alien, have you found any one that sells grand soul gems, and that regenerates them after 24 hours? I ask you this cause in like every other one of my posts here your usually the one with the answer, if you dont know, anyone else?

Alien
08-08-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
Alien, have you found any one that sells grand soul gems, and that regenerates them after 24 hours? I ask you this cause in like every other one of my posts here your usually the one with the answer, if you dont know, anyone else? I haven't found and merchants that sell Grand Soul Gems. I posted a question if any do on the Morrowind forums, www.morrowind.com, and I got a reply saying

"Sorry, none that I know of. Just loot some caves and caverns."

So I think that you have to find them yourself. Sorry

shrew king
08-08-2002, 04:17 PM
k, thnx man.

masterchief2064
08-08-2002, 05:46 PM
thanks every1 who helped I found a couple of them

frostedflakes
08-08-2002, 05:54 PM
you might also wanna pick up azura's star. can trap any soul in morrowind and is reusable. just go to azura's shrine (look on map) and do what she asks you.

shrew king
08-08-2002, 06:01 PM
frostedflakes:
when you enchant something with a soul trapped in azuras star, does it just take the soul out and leave you with azuras star empty and wating for another soul?

Alien
08-08-2002, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by shrew king
frostedflakes:
when you enchant something with a soul trapped in azuras star, does it just take the soul out and leave you with azuras star empty and wating for another soul? The same soul stays in the Gem I believe. So If I were you, I'd do it with a Golden Saint or something, so you could have Constant Effect stuff easier. You know.

vamp
08-08-2002, 07:28 PM
actually. I have it and its just a re-usable grand soul gem. I got a saint in it and enchanted something and then it was empty. It empty's out after you use the soul to enchant something. I enchanted a few suits of exqusite with this.

shrew king
08-08-2002, 08:11 PM
You guys know that a Golden Saint isnt the only thing you can trap in a Gem to have a constant effect item right?

vamp
08-08-2002, 08:57 PM
yes ascended sleeper and vivec also have constant efect. But I use golden saint because I can summon it.

shrew king
08-08-2002, 11:52 PM
where is vivec at? i havent looked for him, but i have heard of people killin him and all that good stuff.

frostedflakes
08-09-2002, 12:56 AM
temple canton in vivec. he's behind a 100pt locked door.

he is a god of course, so don't expect it to be an easy fight. if you specialize in arrow, just run around dodging his fireballs and keep shooting him (he'll just stand in the same spot the whole time... that's what he did when i fought him at least).

shrew king
08-09-2002, 01:00 AM
i c. what kind of thing is he? person? hunger or somethin like that? what do you get for killing em?

frostedflakes
08-09-2002, 01:03 AM
not like any other race/creature i've seen. he's blue-ish. that's all i can remember.

ourdead
08-09-2002, 01:47 AM
There is a trader in the Redoran Waistworks that has a grand soul gem, but it doesn;t come back after 24 hours. There might also be one at the enchanter in the foriegn quarter. These are both in Vivec, in case someone doesn't know this.

But how do i get Azura's Star, i've been in the shrine, but there is no one there. Please explain.

frostedflakes
08-09-2002, 01:50 AM
talk to the shrine.

ourdead
08-09-2002, 02:42 AM
How hard is it to actually get Azura's star, is it just the one mission. And what level do you think that you have to be in order to actually complete that mission.

Secondly, if anyone can't cast Summon Golden Saint yet, and isn't high enough level in order to find one, the enchanter in the Caldera Mage's guild sells it to you after get to the rank of conjurer or about there.

RudedogX
08-09-2002, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by frostedflakes
not like any other race/creature i've seen. he's blue-ish. that's all i can remember.

**********SPOILER*************

If you go through and beat the game, you'll find out from Vivec and the books that he has, that once the three 'gods' used the three enchanted items, Azura punished the dark elves and made them look the way they do now. Only the three gods look like the original dark elves or chimer as they called themselves then. So, he looks like what the original dark elves looked like. After you defeat Dagoth Ur, if you go back to him, he looks different, but he still has most of his power. And if you kill him after you get wraithguard from him, you can get a second wraithguard (nice little trick), in the form of a dwemer artifact that you can get activated by taking it to the last dwemer with two books (kagrenacs journal and lab book). That second wraithguard isn't worth as much, but it fits on the other hand.

vamp
08-09-2002, 12:23 PM
i have a 22% percent chance of casting the actual spell but i dont have enough magicka. When you do the guest enter the door under the giant statue, walk in and talk to the statue inside. Make sure your strong enough to kill a golden saint its pretty easy. If your taking the "back path" you'll have to kill vivec anyway. After I beat the main quest im gonna soul trap vivec. To see what he looks like hes in the canton behind the temple. pick the lvl 100 lock and go inside.

elitewp
08-09-2002, 01:17 PM
how does vivec invite you in? He won't talk because I am not invited.

-EW

masterchief2064
08-09-2002, 01:19 PM
In the main quest you talk to some1 and she asks you if you want a private metting with vivec if you say yes she gives you the key

elitewp
08-09-2002, 01:37 PM
Okay, thanks. This is where I am at in the main quest - Cassius left on some business and I freed the librarian from the jail in Vivec. I went and met her in the dissident priest place and talked to her and some other dude. They gave me a bunch of books to read. I said screw it and have been working on the guild and temple quests for the last couple of weeks. Do I need to read the books to find out what to do next? Cassius is still gone and I have been sleeping in his bed and using his skooma pipe. I really hate actually reading the books...They are good for leveling up.

-EW

RudedogX
08-09-2002, 02:42 PM
I am pretty sure that after he leaves and you free the librarian you are told to talk to the ashlanders camp urshilicka or whatever it's called. After that, you should be on your way, no more blades work, just prophecy stuff.