PDA

View Full Version : Xboxs size

JacobTX4
11-01-2001, 01:51 PM
Is the Xbox really as big as all the magazines say it is? from the pictures, it didnt look that bad. neither did the controllers. the only good thing about gamecube is its size,and i dont even like it. so for all you gamecube addicts,cute and adorable dont make a system

xboxlover
11-01-2001, 01:54 PM
Hey cool name man oh yea my name is jacob to hehe wat a coinsadence.

JacobTX4
11-01-2001, 02:07 PM
yea..thats cool..but any info on the size?? and does anyone know if you can burn cds?? i know you can make a soundtrack but can you burn it?? that would be sweet

Sachile_
11-01-2001, 02:17 PM
the xbox is not as big as it seems but its not like your going to strap the dam thing to your back and take it around. id still buy it even if it did weigh 200 lbs (it would have to be made out of lead to pull that off though)

the xbox can not burn CDs but you can save tracks to the HD and play them back. im not sure on the dimensions of the X

JacobTX4
11-01-2001, 02:32 PM
i think microsoft should definitely look into making an upgrade so you can actually burn cds....now that would rock

pamcur
11-01-2001, 02:56 PM
And it would totally violate copyright in oh, so many ways. Keep dreaming....

l Maximus l
11-01-2001, 03:01 PM
Yes, the XBox is bigger...and yes, size does matter :D

But, it is no larger than a traditional VCR. I also like the fact that it is mostly black which matches the majority of audio and video accessories...and, it won't look tacky sitting up on an entertainment stand. It's not like a purple lunch pale or purple purse like the GameCube ;)

-Max

JacobTX4
11-01-2001, 03:08 PM
dont mind if I do keep dreaming...but I see what ya mean. and good point Maximus...i could care less how big it is,i was asking out of pure curiousity..besides,who wants a purple game system??

l Maximus l
11-01-2001, 04:15 PM
I'm not sure, Jacob. If I were to take a guess who would want a purple game console it would have to be Barney, one of those Telletubbies, or a serious male twink. lol

But, seriously, I think kids will fling to the GameCube. It is a good "warm-up" console, so, when they get older, they can prepare themselves for the intensity the XBox portrays :D

rivalius13
11-01-2001, 04:53 PM
:

Dan Livingston
11-01-2001, 06:08 PM
to me, the gamecube is thousands of times bigger. It is too tall to fit in the vcr slot my home entertainment center has (and it also opens from the top), so it will have to go by the side. that will streach the back cables from GC to tv, and i won't be able to pull it out, which i will need to to because of the short cords. now that is too big to be an inconvenience.

the xbox can fit fine in my vcr slot, there's a few, and it opens in the front, so i can keep it there. 10 foot long cables let me keep it there. so xbox is more ergenomic with it's space than the gamecube.

SquirrelJam
11-01-2001, 06:22 PM
I don't care what size it is... To me, the XBOX has got the one thing that makes it better than all the rest...
http://www.xboxaddict.com/images/news_images/geforce3logo.jpg

http://www.gametavern.com/forums/images/xbox.gif http://www.gametavern.com/forums/images/smilies/rock.gif

palution
11-01-2001, 07:07 PM
The compared to dreamcast

palution
11-01-2001, 07:12 PM
comapred to plastion

http://www.gamers.com/news/501104

CharlesDD2
11-01-2001, 07:20 PM
man, all these pictures are just making me even more anxious for the box.*scratches skin, turns pale*

XBOX Dude
11-01-2001, 07:32 PM
personally i think the xbox is way more convient because since it about the same size as a vcr it should fit perfect in a lot of home entertainment system unlike the gamecube which is to tall i mean were you gonna stick were it looks like it should be there it's gonna stick out like a sore thumb.

Rancey
11-01-2001, 11:38 PM
Xbox is better for me, but it doesn't worry me if I couldn't put it in my entertainment system and had to put it on the floor.

WynnFire
11-02-2001, 03:06 AM
Still wondering about the size of the Xbox? According to EGM's size comparison;

The Xbox:

Weight 8lbs 11oz

Width is 12 3/4 inches
Depth is 10 1/4 inches
Height is 3 1/2 inches

The GameCube (If you care):

Weight 2lbs 16oz

Width is 6"
Height is 4 1/4 inches