PDA

View Full Version : IGN Says- Dead To Rights is the must have title this August!!!!

borka105
08-07-2002, 10:05 PM
-I have known this along and preached this all throughout these boards.

this is what IGN says- "Don't think Max Payne, because Dead to Rights has plenty to offer on its own. Accused of a crime he didn't commit, Jack Slate must bust out of prison to avenge his father's death and clear his own name. And he ain't going through legal channels. Jack must be ruthless if he's to survive. This means using bad guys as human shields, snapping necks, breaking backs, and popping caps in many a dome.

Featuring fifteen levels of non-stop violence, a variety of mini-games, and even a chopper chase, DTR is one of the most highly-anticipated games of the year. Read IGN's phat coverage, check out all our screens and movies, and you'll know why. Dead to Rights is violent, uncompromising, difficult, and certain to blow you away.

I got mine pre-ordered...... this is the game that I called "bigger than Halo"....the reviews came out a little below what I expected.....but now I see the light.

-Borka105

wweomaniac
08-07-2002, 10:07 PM
IGN says this?!?! I've been saying this! This game is hardcore!

wweomaniac
08-07-2002, 10:12 PM
Quickly... is it just me or did IGN really screw up and addociate the wrong pictures with the games. I see street hoops pic where 2k3 pic should be... etc. and the rest basically fromt here is mixed up.

wow...

max payn
08-07-2002, 10:22 PM
dead to rights looks like one of the best games for a while. its the exact game im looking for... i was gonna buy max payne, but i decided not to once i heard about DTR! anyway ill probably choose this over enclave.

borka105
08-07-2002, 10:24 PM
yeah, I noticed that too.

But, I am finally pleased that a site appreciates a great game for once. Dead to Rights is 3 years in the making, with the biggest production team in Namco's history. This is the biggest title the company has ever developed......and the game includes groundbreaking gameplay, graphic, levels, and storyline.

DTR is the next big thing, and passing on this game....would be the worst mistake any xbox owner could make.....

-Borka105

The Source
08-07-2002, 10:28 PM
Yes, this game is definetly worth a rent.

borka105
08-07-2002, 10:32 PM
a rent???????

right, next thing I'l l hear is a post from you saying you hated the game because it's too hard.

A rent doesn't do this game justice. This is a game that will involve 20-30 hours to beat.

well rent this game......because as soon as your rental is over you'll go out and buy it...... :)

-Borka105

max payn
08-07-2002, 10:34 PM
yea screw blockbuster, go buy it:)

wweomaniac
08-07-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by borka105
the game includes groundbreaking gameplay, graphicI dunno aboot how good the graphics are going to be.

borka105
08-07-2002, 10:43 PM
i do, like I said ground breaking...I saw a 30 minute preview of it on G4. This game has it all.....I don't go nutz about games...but this is one I can't stop thinking about.

-Borka105

dougi3000
08-07-2002, 11:20 PM
Best game EVAR!

it is way longer than that crap MGS1&2 where you can beat the game in around 2 hours if you skip all the cinematics.

The OXM challenge is to beat the game in under 6 hours! 6 Fricken hours... in the challenge...
:)

SNaray8442
08-07-2002, 11:36 PM
******, I'm going off to India this friday (w00t) and I won't be back till September 29th (damn) meaning no Dead to Rights for me till then ($#%&)

EDIT: I come back September, not august....

Highlite23
08-08-2002, 08:53 AM
Grand Theft Who????

GTA3 may have opened the door, but DTR is gonna blow the door off the hinges.:cool:

SkoalMint
08-08-2002, 09:12 AM
I have to admit that I haven't really been following this game. I do think it looks interesting. How is the replayability looking? 20-30 hours isn't enough to justify a purchase for me. If I like the game alot, I can cram 20-30 hours of play time into one maybe two rental periods. As far as replayability goes, I mean something other than new weapons or special costumes. While those are sometimes pretty cool, I don't find them to be enough to justify going through and playing a game again.

Snapple
08-08-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by dougi3000
Best game EVAR!

it is way longer than that crap MGS1&2 where you can beat the game in around 2 hours if you skip all the cinematics.

The OXM challenge is to beat the game in under 6 hours! 6 Fricken hours... in the challenge...
:)

if you read on it said something like you wont be able to do this....

btw:this game looks awsome yet hard cause the combos on this game:eek: theres awsome:cool: ,but if you read the preview for this game omx says that sometimes when you use the lock on target thing that instead of going to the guy right in front of you it might go to the guy furthest away

borka105
08-08-2002, 09:36 AM
SkoalMine- Here are some of the variaty of things that you do and encounter.......

1. In a prison level you will have no weapons and will have to use your wits, and skills to escape. In that level you'll face inmates who challenge you to "arm wrestling matches", and who you ultimately fight in bare fisted combat.

2. In another level you'll be at night club where hitman have been hired to kill you. You first try to bribe a stripper to give you info about the hitman (another mini games). Then when you leave the strip club, one of the biggest action sequences that has ever been seen occurs (personal quote from ign.com). You will get the ability to use Bullet Time, Many Different Weapons, your Dog, and many other things.

Jack- Can shoot, can fight, can use the dead bodies of the people he killed as a cover, can choke people with his bare hands.

Dog- Can attack people at Jack's command. Can take away the weapons of the dead that Jack has Killed. (Ultimately follows the command of Jack).

And, their are vehicles involed.......Cars, Helicopters............

This is one of the few games that has so much variatey. I don't remember in Halo where you can fight bare fisted.

hope this helps
-Borka105

SkoalMint
08-08-2002, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by borka105
SkoalMine- Here are some of the variaty of things that you do and encounter.......

1. In a prison level you will have no weapons and will have to use your wits, and skills to escape. In that level you'll face inmates who challenge you to "arm wrestling matches", and who you ultimately fight in bare fisted combat.

2. In another level you'll be at night club where hitman have been hired to kill you. You first try to bribe a stripper to give you info about the hitman (another mini games). Then when you leave the strip club, one of the biggest action sequences that has ever been seen occurs (personal quote from ign.com). You will get the ability to use Bullet Time, Many Different Weapons, your Dog, and many other things.

Jack- Can shoot, can fight, can use the dead bodies of the people he killed as a cover, can choke people with his bare hands.

Dog- Can attack people at Jack's command. Can take away the weapons of the dead that Jack has Killed. (Ultimately follows the command of Jack).

This is one of the few games that has so much variatey. I don't remember in Halo where you can fight bare fisted.

hope this helps
-Borka105

Thanks, that definitely helps. The game sounds interesting, but what happens after I beat the game? Is there multi-player, and if so, is it online or sys-link? Are there multiple paths to get through the game or is it fairly linear? Not that I'm saying it doesn't sound like a very good game, I'd just like to know if I can expect to be playing it 6 months from now.

max payn
08-08-2002, 09:48 AM
hey borka that was a pretty good description, after that, im gonna go buy this game. one thing, do you know when it comes out?

borka105
08-08-2002, 09:56 AM
August 20th is the official release. Meaning that it will be in stores on the 21st.

- SkoalMint- This is a single player game. Just like other great single player games such as MGS....playing through the game makes you feel that you got your moneys worth.

A game like Mario Sunshine which will sell millions. Yes, it's a single player game, but when you play through all the puzzles and adventures, you feel that the $50 was justified.

I am sure that their will be desire to replay some of the levels in the game....... I know for a fact that this will be a game that a month from when you beat it, you'll pop it in and experience it all over. It's especially useful when you have an out of town family member or friend coming over, and you want them to have a good time.......

-Borka105

borka105
08-08-2002, 09:11 PM
bump.

-Borka105

X-Factor
08-11-2002, 06:31 PM
I've been anticipating Dead to Rights for at least a year now, but EGM gave the game below average reviews. How could a game that the Namco Team has been working on for 3 years be that bad? This game was suppose to be better than GTA3...:(

hook-worm J
08-11-2002, 06:46 PM
Its not out yet, how could they review it?

cityson
08-11-2002, 07:00 PM
Sobasically, DeadtoRightsisjustactinglikeacop....Allyoudoiskillbadguys....Theonlythingthat'snewisyoucanuseadogtoh elpyou....:rolleyes:

Snoopy7548
08-11-2002, 07:09 PM
wow, cityson is actually dissing an xbox game. i guess hes a ps2 guy now

y2kash_14
08-11-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by hook-worm J
Its not out yet, how could they review it?

EGM gets to play games a few weeks before they are released. They also reviewed Buffy, and it got higher ratings than DTR, ahhh Dead to Rights looks like a rental to me

btw, there is something i dont get about Cityson, he keeps on dissing PS2 left and right, but in his sig, it says hes getting one:rolleyes:

Whisper
08-11-2002, 08:58 PM
cant way to play it when it hits my blockbuster! probably just a rental like Max Payne was, but i could be wrong, i thought when i rented Halo for the first time and played for 5 minutes, im thinking 'rental' ... **** was i wrong

hook-worm J
08-12-2002, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by y2kash_14

EGM gets to play games a few weeks before they are released. They also reviewed Buffy, and it got higher ratings than DTR, ahhh Dead to Rights looks like a rental to me

omg, i hope they are wrong... I was so excited about this game too... how could it be that bad..

kornavs19
08-12-2002, 08:04 AM
Man, if I only heard all good things i would buy it , but theres different oppinions left and right...So I will rent it and keep it on my hard drive, if I like it i'll buy it that day or the next and i can keep playing.....

As for Cityson, I kinda think hes right, the only thing different is he can use a dog..... BUT, they also said new weapons and stuff..
And all the things you don't know about....:)

borka105
08-12-2002, 12:48 PM

I don't remember anything like this in max payne.

Plus this is a 20-30 hour game.

-Borka105

peejay2288
08-12-2002, 12:58 PM
Actually I would have to say NFL 2K3 is the must have title this month.

y2kash_14
08-13-2002, 11:28 PM
Im not buying any games until November, its quite the sacrifice but its gonna be hella worth it, (Splinter Cell, MGS2:Substance, Brute Force,THPS4,Metroid Prime) If I Buy ANY game this month, it'll probably be the new Mario, everything else is a rental

Msterrrr
08-14-2002, 09:01 AM
** say hello to my lil friend**

http://semm.freeservers.com/3251.jpg

Shorezy
08-14-2002, 09:03 AM
Ya i'm down with buyin' it. I've always thought/read it was hardcore. Can't wait.

Fluff E
08-14-2002, 10:57 AM
I got check this **** out:cool: :cool:

borka105
08-14-2002, 12:10 PM
bump.

-Borka105