PDA

View Full Version : Enclave is definately the best Xbox game released to date!!!

consolegamer
08-08-2002, 08:30 AM
Even surpassing HALO. it's fricking phenomenal!!!! A masterpiece, A gamers dream. drool, drool, well, you get the picture. What r u waiting for? Go get it now. Trade Halo, trade your Xbox and get this game. Rip your gramdma off if you have to, but get this game. GET THIS GAME!!!:cool:

khaos2005
08-08-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by consolegamer
...trade your Xbox and get this game...

Riiiiight...

davidx
08-09-2002, 05:17 PM
Enclave seems like a Hunter type game. Obviously you think it rocks but....is it really that good?

X

Tinny
08-10-2002, 08:48 AM
*Wonders if consolegamer is being ironic*

Enclave certainly does not beat Halo and it certainly is not the best X-Box game to date. What the heck have you been smoking man?

BlindSniper
08-10-2002, 04:55 PM
NOOO DONT GET THIS GAME!!! it is so hard and frustrating there is like no savepoints and stuff but it is cool exept for difficulty.

Supperdog
08-13-2002, 06:43 PM
some people, with patience, actually ENJOY that thing they call a "challenge", sniper :P

EHWfedPres
08-13-2002, 08:51 PM
Halo is not the best Xbox game. Please drop the ignorance and look past the stereotype and realize that people have different opinions. Morrowind is better than Halo. Hunter is great, for a little while.

MerimacHamwich
08-27-2002, 02:49 PM
Enclave rules! I cannot believe people are saying that they are having troubles beating the 2nd level! I only just started to have a hard time on the 10th level. This game is amazing. It is a love hate relationship for me though. I love it for being a challenge and such a great game but I hate dying and having to play through the whole level again. I love this game.

P.S.
Halo is not as good as it is said to be. It is still a great game but not supreme ruler of the unvierse.

Jack's Colon
08-28-2002, 03:38 PM
THis game is very cool, but the challenge was a bit much. However, I am having lots of fun with God mode on it. Pause the game and press X, Y, X, X, Y, Y, X, Y, X, X, Y, Y if you want to cheat.

I am however having trouble all the gold on the first Dark Campaign level. It has something to do with the levers on the wall, right? Anyone know how to get the last 20 gold?

MerimacHamwich
08-29-2002, 02:19 PM
Cheating makes games lame. I personally find cheaters themselves to be lame.

DaturaX
08-29-2002, 04:59 PM
My wife bought it for me a couple nights ago(just to be nice)but I havent opened it yet.I'm trying to decide to keep it or exchange it for DTR.Anybody thats played both have any input?

consolegamer
08-30-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by DaturaX
My wife bought it for me a couple nights ago(just to be nice)but I havent opened it yet.I'm trying to decide to keep it or exchange it for DTR.Anybody thats played both have any input?

Enclave!!! Trust me

Jack's Colon
08-30-2002, 10:37 PM
No, DTR's better. But you might want to keep as not to anger the missus... Heh. Of course, you need to ask yourself if you would rather slash 'em up or shoot 'em up, and then decide.

Snoopy7548
08-31-2002, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Supperdog
some people, with patience, actually ENJOY that thing they call a "challenge", sniper :P

you talkin to me? lol, that movie is so awesome. the best is when he makes that thing for his arm, so when he like puts his arm out, the gun comes out. lol, its so sweet:D :)

ScorpionX
08-31-2002, 11:35 AM
This game isn't nearly as good as Halo. I think there are at least 5 other games I enjoy more than this. It is one player, which means no replay value for me. The graphics may surpass Halos, but that all. I am not a big fan of hack and slash, so it didn't really appeal to me. I found this game to get boring pretty quick and switched back to Halo. :(

EHWfedPres
09-02-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by MerimacHamwich
Cheating makes games lame. I personally find cheaters themselves to be lame.

I only put in cheat codes after I beat the game normally, or if there's a spot that im stuck on for days at a time...

vamp
09-02-2002, 08:42 PM
I really did not like enclave. JSRF is better halo is better morrowind is better and so are a lot of other games.

Dar
09-04-2002, 03:50 AM
Enclave is cool. Only complaint is the lack of save points. I love the buying and selling system. No bartering, no selling at a loss. Just buy what you can afford and sell it back for a full refund. I'm having a little trouble mastering the combat, particularly melee weapons. Graphics are great but I was expecting more close up angles. Musics cool too. All in all a fun game. Refreshingly simple.

RIGOR_MORTIS
09-04-2002, 07:24 AM
Enclave is by far the best game after Halo. The sheer work in game has not been matched by any other. The graphical detail, fun, and challenge are all perfect. As for it being difficult, I guess people don't remember what it was like playing all the Super Mario Games and dying ALOT and playing over and over until you get each jump, coin, and enemy done right to beat the level. The feeling of accomplishment of those years are back w/ Enclave. It's not a game that you can just "run" through and win. You actually have to explore and fight well knowing the enemies weaknesses. It IS THE BEST XBOX game to date along side of HALO. That's a friggin fact. "No save points" , B-O-O FRIGGIN H-O-O!!!!!

EHWfedPres
09-04-2002, 01:38 PM
Halo is not the best game...best multiplayer game...probably, but Morrowind is amazing...I need Enclave really bad...i;ve been waiting over a year now...and I NEED MONEY!

SpartanSniper
09-04-2002, 03:58 PM
In my opinion, Halo is the best game ever made and will only be surpassed by Halo 2. I've played Morrowind once and it didn't strike me as a very fun game at the time. And I hope Enclave is better than it looks on OXM disc #11...just looks boring to me.

John002
09-06-2002, 06:10 AM
Halo and Morrowind are much better games than Enclave.
Personally I was a little disappointed with Enclave.
:)

Ruiner
09-13-2002, 06:01 PM
anyone who says that enclave is better than halo ought to be castrated by very angry grunts...and i mean REALLY angry grunts.
You could almost call them disgruntled grunts.....
EVERYTHING about halo is BETTER than enclave.
Name ONE thing that enclave does better than halo.

JGennaro
09-14-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Jack's Colon
THis game is very cool, but the challenge was a bit much. However, I am having lots of fun with God mode on it. Pause the game and press X, Y, X, X, Y, Y, X, Y, X, X, Y, Y if you want to cheat.

I am however having trouble all the gold on the first Dark Campaign level. It has something to do with the levers on the wall, right? Anyone know how to get the last 20 gold?

I posted the way to get this 20 gold awhile back on another enclave thread but here goes again:

There is a room with a cage in it and three levers on the wall and you have to pull them in this order to open the cage to get the gold: left, middle, right, left, middle, right...the cage opens and you get the gold..cool huh? :cool:

xboxrocks2003
09-14-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Ruiner
anyone who says that enclave is better than halo ought to be castrated by very angry grunts...and i mean REALLY angry grunts.
You could almost call them disgruntled grunts.....
EVERYTHING about halo is BETTER than enclave.
Name ONE thing that enclave does better than halo.

Graphics. Environments, Better use of the hard drive (no pauses) and it has a very evil feel to it. HALO is a great game, but waaaaay overrated.

Jack's Colon
09-20-2002, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the info... I kinda figured it out myself a little while ago, and I must have missed the other enclave thread. Thanks for the help all the same.

[oXo]
09-30-2002, 08:10 AM
I have just bought Enclave today for $33 and although I have only played the 1st mission I can already say now, though the game looks really great, that it is NOT the best Xbox game made. I like Hunter better to name one other. Also the controls in Enclave takes some getting used to with 2 sticks required to control the character (like Halo I've been told). I'm also a bit dissappointet about the graphical tearing that sometimes occures when rotating the character. It's pretty evident that the graphics take a high seat to the gameplay in this game. But I look very much forward to completing the game so I can then make a better assesment of it all as a whole. But as I said, I can already see now that the game isn't as "optimized" for the Xbox as it could be and that's a d@mn shame...

Ywap
10-05-2002, 05:06 AM
I wish i could turn off fsaa in Enclave.....

I need the faster framerate, and a savepoint in the middle of some levels would be great also.

Chimneysweep
10-05-2002, 01:41 PM
I've been gaming for 20 years, and Enclave is definitely in the top 10 out of the 2000-3000 games I've played over the years. It takes thinking and strategy to beat, and is an example of how good console games can be.

I agree with the guy who said it's like playing the Mario games back in the day.. you can't just waltz through the game. You have to use strategy and it's a challenge to complete it.

Also, the atmosphere is very deep, this is one of those games where the visuals, sound, and gameplay all combine perfectly, making the feel of the game perfect.

It's not for everyone, but to a lot of people it's the epitome of what games should be... before you believe all the bad reviews out there (like gamespot's 6.9 :P), go out and rent it and check it out for yourself.

It's got a 90% right now on the xboxaddict rankings.. that's much more in line with how good this game is.

bob808
10-07-2002, 10:37 PM
This Gmae is badazz! The Graphics r da BEST! I personally love Hack and Slash type games like this one, and like diablo, and like Balders gate (for ps2 and soon to be out on the box). It is challenging but I hate games that I beat in a couple o weeks and then dont play anymore. I give this game a strong 9.5!! I say that everyone that likes dungen crawlin' hack & slashers shoul GET THIS GAME!!!!! Personally, I like enclave WAY better than dead to rights.....

bob808
10-07-2002, 10:53 PM
This Gmae is badazz! The Graphics r da BEST! I personally love Hack and Slash type games like this one, and like diablo, and like Balders gate (for ps2 and soon to be out on the box). It is challenging but I hate games that I beat in a couple o weeks and then dont play anymore. I give this game a strong 9.5!! I say that everyone that likes dungen crawlin' hack & slashers shoul GET THIS GAME!!!!! Personally, I like enclave WAY better than dead to rights..... I just recently discovered the sniper arrow zoom function! Cool. I am currently stuck on level nine underwater wizard lair. I turn the wheel and the room fills with water then i get out fast! but there I am stuck. the other wheel upstairs sill says it need pressure from somewhere else.... where? I cant find it though I've only searched around 4 or 5 times.......

Crazy Joe
10-07-2002, 10:57 PM
hey yo bob, check your pm

btw, I also agree that Enclave is a great game.