PDA

View Full Version : another house redoran question

Tkf5000
08-08-2002, 09:15 AM
once again ive messed up the house redoran quests. in a theives guild quest i had to get a key to nerano manor. sugar lips said i could get it from nerano or the guy at eight plated. i killed ordras nerano or whatever his name is. now im trying to do a redoran quest qhere u have to duel him! and hes dead. no matter what i do Sarethi still says to go duel him. i tried to skip it and i built my stronghold and i need the councilers respect. i cant get coulcilers respect cuz they dont give u quests unless ur ranks 6 (which im passed) and i need to finish the milk cave quest. and Sarethi, the guy who gives me the duel quests gives me that quest after the duel. is there any way i can finish the quest? i was thinking just do more quests from other people but that wouldnt matter cuz i cant become house father until i gain the respect from all the councilers? any way to fix this? or am i gunna have to stay my rank and my level 2 stronghold?

Professor Kaos
08-08-2002, 09:34 AM
try using this http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16862&highlight=pimp+chain it should make him like u more

Tkf5000
08-08-2002, 09:54 AM
cn u read? it had nothing to do with that. Sarethis disposition to me is 100 but i killed Omar or whetver in a theives guild quest. and i need to challenge him to a duel but hes already dead. now i cant do anyting else.

Professor Kaos
08-08-2002, 09:57 AM
damn, sorry i guess i missunder stood u, i killed him early too and i joined redoran, im not that far so idk what to do

Tkf5000
08-08-2002, 10:06 AM
man this is a real problem. u wont be able to finish the redoran quests either. all u can get is a lvl 2 fort and that stinks cuz its one little building not the whole stronghold. bethesda seriously needs some good beta testers. i cant belive some of the stuff they didnt notice.

Professor Kaos
08-08-2002, 10:08 AM
have u tried just going to his dead body, or did it dissapear? cuz then sometimes itll put a journal entery that says ive killed................ or somtin like that

Duke
08-08-2002, 10:10 AM
TFk, I did the same damn thing.

I never could find a way around it. Had to give up on the Redoran quests. Unfortunately you can't join another house.

Yes, his body does disappear. No one even acknowledges that he's dead.

If you find another way, please post it. I certainly can't figure it out.

Tkf5000
08-08-2002, 10:17 AM
man this sux. b4 this game came out i went to the morrowind site and fan sites every day and look at the screenshots and read the q and a's at gamespy and i read about the classes and everything about the game. i thougth this game would be great. but the smallest things keep morrowind from being what i wanted. if only bethesda actually got some decent beta testers... a frikin 4 year old coul see some of these bugs and glitches. all the quests i did for redoran... a waste. i got a lvl 2 stronghold. and all that is is one little house. i want a lvl3 stronghold but the stoopid developers are so dumb. we should bug bethesda to let us send in our memory cards with a copy of our save file and let them put omar back to life with the editor.

SkoalMint
08-12-2002, 05:01 AM
Has anyone figured out a workaround yet??? I've been gearing up my character to join House Redoran, but first I wanted to become head of the Fighters, Thieves, and Mages guilds. I've taken care of the first two and am about half-way to the third. After that, I was planning to join House Redoran, but I also killed Nerano early in the game. Any help would be appreciated.

Tkf5000
08-12-2002, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by SkoalMint
Has anyone figured out a workaround yet??? I've been gearing up my character to join House Redoran, but first I wanted to become head of the Fighters, Thieves, and Mages guilds. I've taken care of the first two and am about half-way to the third. After that, I was planning to join House Redoran, but I also killed Nerano early in the game. Any help would be appreciated.
all i can say is go join hllalu or live with a lvl2 stronghold and stay a house brother. or u can join telvani...

Professor Kaos
08-12-2002, 09:29 AM
go kill dren in his plantation, then go tell a person, i think hes in ebonheart, and he'll make you a member of house hlaalu, some one help me on the details, like who it is and where to find him.

laters

SkoalMint
08-12-2002, 09:49 AM
Did some checking on the Morrowind Forums and someone had a similar problem with the Telvanni and killing Oran Dren too soon. There they suggested pickpocketing the construction deed from the Telvanni guy. Tkf, have you tried this with the Redoran guy?

Tkf5000
08-12-2002, 09:53 AM
Did some checking on the Morrowind Forums and someone had a similar problem with the Telvanni and killing Oran Dren too soon. There they suggested pickpocketing the construction deed from the Telvanni guy. Tkf, have you tried this with the Redoran guy?
nope. neevr thought of it. so who do i pickpocet? can i just kill the dood? im not a stealer im a killer so... u got AIM? if u do whats ur name?

SkoalMint
08-12-2002, 10:06 AM
As I'm at work and they frown on messaging software, I don't have AIM. You can find the discussion here (http://www.elderscrolls.com/ubbthreads/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=cheat&Number=684569&page=&view=&sb=&o=). They were talking about a Telvani guy, but you could try it on the Redoran guy. I'm thinking maybe the guy that gives you the quest to Duel with Nerano, assuming he is the one that would give you the deed.

Tkf5000
08-12-2002, 12:18 PM
so what i do is pickpocket the quest giver, Sarethi and show him the papaers i STOLE form him? he probly wouldnt even notice its in my inventory... and if he did he would attack. and why would he have the duel papaers or whatever? the site isnt working so...

RudedogX
08-12-2002, 02:15 PM
I read about this a while back. That's the only reason that I decided to punch Nerano out when I stole the key instead of kill him outright (incase I joined this house). That sucks that you can't find another work around though.

Black_Tek
08-12-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000

all i can say is go join hllalu or live with a lvl2 stronghold and stay a house brother. or u can join telvani...
is Nerano is the Denmer that say:" Stop stealing Outlander"...and when you talk to him...he replies " A theif and an outlander..What do you want"....I know another who is already dead in another manor in Balmora....the one that you can jump to his balcony and open the upper door....I guess "Nearano" is still living in the game....and whats funny I boosted his position to 85......If I was wrong please correct me?The Dead one has a home made in the floor that has the door that opens on the Balcony[He is Already Dead] in the quest of "Getting the Crocodyle Brandy"...

SkoalMint
08-13-2002, 05:36 AM
so what i do is pickpocket the quest giver, Sarethi and show him the papaers i STOLE form him? he probly wouldnt even notice its in my inventory... and if he did he would attack. and why would he have the duel papaers or whatever? the site isnt working so...

Like I said, I don't know if it will work or not, but it is an option for a similar problem with a Telvani quest. If he does attack, try calming him to see if that helps any. These are just ideas. Unfortunately, I can't test them as I haven't joined Redoran yet. The link works for me. Just be patient, the Morrowind site can be extremely slow sometimes.

And Black_Tek, it sounds like Nerano is still living in your game. The manor you are referring to is Hlallo (sp?). He is the dead guy laying on the floor. There should have been a woman in one of the upstairs bedrooms. I turned this into my "home" in Balmora. Has anyone been able to get his body to disappear? It's kind of a turn-off for the ladies when they come over and see a rotting dead guy wearing leopard-skin skivvies. :D :D

Black_Tek
08-13-2002, 04:44 PM

Like I said, I don't know if it will work or not, but it is an option for a similar problem with a Telvani quest. If he does attack, try calming him to see if that helps any. These are just ideas. Unfortunately, I can't test them as I haven't joined Redoran yet. The link works for me. Just be patient, the Morrowind site can be extremely slow sometimes.

And Black_Tek, it sounds like Nerano is still living in your game. The manor you are referring to is Hlallo (sp?). He is the dead guy laying on the floor. There should have been a woman in one of the upstairs bedrooms. I turned this into my "home" in Balmora. Has anyone been able to get his body to disappear? It's kind of a turn-off for the ladies when they come over and see a rotting dead guy wearing leopard-skin skivvies. :D :D
:D :D :D ....maaan...don't tell me this is the only house that you fell in love with among all the others....I have almost three houses in Balmora....but if this what you did then I will take over his house toooo :cool: :cool: .......By the way , the Sarethi paper thing sounds to complicated....I hope things wouldn't get like that in my game....I am trying to act clean as much as possible...as they say :" Learn from the fallen soldiers" .....peace and one blood......thanxxx again.....

Tkf5000
08-14-2002, 10:22 AM
o and theres no papaers to steal. i tried it last night and i forgot i tried it before already but before i just killed him.

SkoalMint
08-14-2002, 12:03 PM
o and theres no papaers to steal. i tried it last night and i forgot i tried it before already but before i just killed him.

Well that blows. I was hoping it would work. I guess I'll have to join one of the others. Better yet, I think I'll just finish the main quest and kill them all.

Tkf5000
08-14-2002, 12:05 PM

Well that blows. I was hoping it would work. I guess I'll have to join one of the others. Better yet, I think I'll just finish the main quest and kill them all.
whos them all? the whole world? the whole house?

SkoalMint
08-14-2002, 12:52 PM

whos them all? the whole world? the whole house?

The whole world, the whole house, does it matter? If you really must know, I was referring to all three houses.

Black_Tek
08-14-2002, 08:40 PM
Well Nerano asks for a duel hand to hand...the god damn't knows how to punch well....to those who are good boxers this is a pretty fight..."Bob and Weave Babbe:) "....anyway, if you keep beating him up "it doesn't matter even if you used a machine gun, please stop because he is going to quit".....so my advice..please don't seek and kill....one other thing...the reputation rate increases faster when you work for a house sponser...peace...and good luck.....:)

Black_Tek
08-14-2002, 08:46 PM
as I read that you have become the head of the thives guild...to avoid the killing problems; what is the best level to pick pocket or to sneak for stealing...?:)

SkoalMint
08-15-2002, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Black_Tek

as I read that you have become the head of the thives guild...to avoid the killing problems; what is the best level to pick pocket or to sneak for stealing...?:)

From my experience, it just takes patience and luck. A little more of each if your sneak skill isn't very high. I never did much pick-pocketing as I was able to persuade most people to give me what I needed. Personally, I save before I try to steal or pick-pocket and restore if I get caught. I know some people don't play it this way, but this is how I do it. If you get your sneak up above 50, then you should be fairly successful if you're patient. Just stand in front of whatever you are trying to steal in sneak mode and wait for the opportune moment.

Black_Tek
08-21-2002, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Playya
go kill dren in his plantation, then go tell a person, i think hes in ebonheart, and he'll make you a member of house hlaalu, some one help me on the details, like who it is and where to find him.

laters
Yo.....do u know where does this person dwell in Ebonheart?:)

Jarvis
08-21-2002, 07:35 AM
man this is a real problem. u wont be able to finish the redoran quests either. all u can get is a lvl 2 fort and that stinks cuz its one little building not the whole stronghold. bethesda seriously needs some good beta testers. i cant belive some of the stuff they didnt notice.

they had testers. what makes you think you can just go around killing everyone and the game will be unaffected?

i messed up redoran, telvanni, hhallu houses with all of my killing sprees, but that's fine, cause i had fun doing it :)

-jarvis

Tkf5000
08-21-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Jarvis

they had testers. what makes you think you can just go around killing everyone and the game will be unaffected?

i messed up redoran, telvanni, hhallu houses with all of my killing sprees, but that's fine, cause i had fun doing it :)

-jarvis yea i know. its still messed up tho. ondres is dead. and sarethi doesnt notice that. its a glitch. plus the beta testers were crappy. some of the bugs in the game are imposible to miss! and somehow they did.

Black_Tek
08-21-2002, 09:05 PM

From my experience, it just takes patience and luck. A little more of each if your sneak skill isn't very high. I never did much pick-pocketing as I was able to persuade most people to give me what I needed. Personally, I save before I try to steal or pick-pocket and restore if I get caught. I know some people don't play it this way, but this is how I do it. If you get your sneak up above 50, then you should be fairly successful if you're patient. Just stand in front of whatever you are trying to steal in sneak mode and wait for the opportune moment.
So if your sneak and picking pocket abilities are above 80 What are the chances of getting caught........The reason I poped this subject that I am doing pretty well with the Redorans....If you did some work for the "Jewler" in Rat in the Pot...he will ask you to mess around with the redoran Guards to get that helmet or mask "Something like that"....if this is the case I will buy the damn mask that he asks for....Its the second duty in Ald'Rhun as I remeber....

shrew king
08-21-2002, 09:46 PM

thats my house too, i just use that dead mofo as storage, you can put as much stuff as you want in him, or you can even play dress up with him:D :D :D :D :D

JK, but he holds ALL my loot i take, i have that mofo holding like 50,000 pounds of crap i find throughout the game.

SkoalMint
08-22-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Black_Tek

So if your sneak and picking pocket abilities are above 80 What are the chances of getting caught........The reason I poped this subject that I am doing pretty well with the Redorans....If you did some work for the "Jewler" in Rat in the Pot...he will ask you to mess around with the redoran Guards to get that helmet or mask "Something like that"....if this is the case I will buy the damn mask that he asks for....Its the second duty in Ald'Rhun as I remeber....

80 should be plenty. I'm pretty sure that mine was much lower when I stole that helmet. Just make sure you save before you do it.

Great idea on using the dead guy as storage shrew king. I never really thought about that.