PDA

View Full Version : Who bought Fever?

CrazyCougar
08-08-2002, 10:50 AM
Okay who went out and got Fever today????? Whats it like? Any flaws that ya see right away? Same game as last year?? Huh..huh? Gimmie the scoop!! :D

Zion
08-08-2002, 10:52 AM
Yeah I got fever today so I just stayed at home in the bed and played my Xbox. I'm hoping fever will go away soon, though.

OH, you meant the football game? Sorry. No I don't have it.

CrazyCougar
08-08-2002, 10:54 AM
LOL!!!! hey I just noticed its shipping today.......does that mean it won't be in stores til tomorrow. Whats the deal, this thing got pushed back and pushed back. Maybe they revamped the whole game in the past 3 days!!!!! LOL...i doubt it!!! I think I hope fever goes away soon too!!! Oh Zion, I hope your real fever goes away too bud. hope ya feel better!

Nick D
08-09-2002, 02:25 AM
;) I purchased NFL Fever 2003 today!

:( I have to say that the graphics look somewhat better. Actually the gameplay seems a little better also. However, if you take away online ability the game does not warrant a $50 increase from Fever 2002.

I also have a complaint in regards to gameplay. After every snap on offense, the game blinks/glitches and then assumes play again as if it didn't happen. I have Fever 2002 and this does not happen on that version. If you get Fever 2003 today, it is very hard to play it without this getting on your nerves. It is very obvious and bothersome to me. Perhaps it is just my copy?

Maybe some of you who also purchase the game can let me know. All of this is of course my opinion of the game after playing for a few hours today. All except the glitch/screen blink thing, that is fact!

I will probably end up taking this back and trading for NFL 2k3. I really enjoy Fever and am in no way bashing the game. I do feel however after playing the game myself that the poor reviews from the websites were correct. It just doesn't feel like much of an improvement on last years game. I look forward to reading others comments on these issues.

Good luck with becoming a Beta tester to all those in the running!

Nick

CrazyCougar
08-09-2002, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the info Nick. I think I am oging the way of 2k3 too. Especially after what you were just describing about a glitch. Any other comments about the game if you bought it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

xboxaddict1226
08-09-2002, 08:45 AM
thats a good reason i like madden 2003 and sega 2k3 i dont know which one i should get i have madden 2002 i want to try sega 2k3

CrazyCougar
08-09-2002, 12:04 PM
I will be purchasing both Madden and NFL2k3. Why? Well I have NCAA 2003 so I want Madden so I can import my draft classes. That is too kewl! As for 2K3, I am purchasing that for two reasons, one....it looks awesome! And two for the online capability that Madden doesn't provide. Sorry Fever maybe next year you'll get it.

Halo Evolved
08-09-2002, 01:13 PM
If you actually start to knit pick FEVER 2003 and look around the game you'll see updates like the PLAY EDITOR where you make your own plays and the new CLASSIC CHALLENGE that has some real teams on it this year opposed to the fantasy teams last year. Alot of the game has remained intact due to the response it got last year so the developers felt why change a good thing. Playing Online was a good aspect and people are doing it right now and are having a blast. Madden 2003 and NFL 2k3 are not out, so I cannot say how they are or whatnot but iknow from MADDEN will basically be the same as last year with the inclusion of the football camp and rehabilitation training. EA was stupid and neglected to have XBOX MADDEN be suited up for XBOX LIVE and that is their loss. NFL 2K3 is by Visual Concepts so you know it will be damn good, especially with the new animations they included which were already top quality to begin with.

I bought Fever and enjoy it, sure it is just FEVER 2002 with new stuff thrown in but than again isn't that how it's supposed to work? Otherwise the game would be called something else besides NFL FEVER. I mean, I have this and NCAA 2003 for football games and I go between the 2 because they both offer different gameplay and feel......major point is because one is COLLEGE FOOTBALL which is always great and the other is professional and tends to suck as with any NFL game because they lack something that these people grasped in their college years..........Pageantry baby!

robnyack
08-09-2002, 04:14 PM
see my review on the general discussion board.

but, if you want the short of it.....wait 5 days and get NFL2k3.

TRUST ME.

shrew king
08-09-2002, 11:52 PM
how much does fever cost?

Gq4u21bc
08-10-2002, 01:23 AM
around 49.99 with tax a little more, the game is good, I guess we over rated it since NFL 2002 was awsome, but hey we still need to wait for live to make the game even better

robnyack
08-10-2002, 07:22 AM
if you are not into dynasty/franchise modes, then maybe this game will be just fine for you. It does look real nice, and the gameplay is adequate. So, if all you like to do is play exhibition games and want to play live, then you might not totally despise this game.

But, if you are a football gamer who likes the depth and involvement of franchise/dynasty, Madden and NFL2k3 are definately the games you want over this one.

Me, I play for the entire deep franchise/dynasty mode. The deeper, the better. Madden and Sega realized this, and that's the route they took. They made their already deep franchise mode even deeper. Fever dynasty mode did not change one bit from last year. Very disappointing.

BlindSniper
08-10-2002, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Zion
Yeah I got fever today so I just stayed at home in the bed and played my Xbox. I'm hoping fever will go away soon, though.

OH, you meant the football game? Sorry. No I don't have it.

LOL thats funny but i havent picked up fever yet im tempted though.....

hoy74
08-10-2002, 09:12 PM
:mad: Fever 2003 is not worth it....Gameplay is essentialy the same with with new "Microsoft Features" aka bugs that crash your system. In Dynasty mode, I was playing my fifth game, and midway through the 3rd quarter tha audio starts getting very choppy (Crowds just stop, then 4 or five plays later be back, same with the Stadium announcer). Then the cut scene between plays began hanging, (30 plus seconds worth). So I tried to save, and then reboot (typical way I choose to solve Microsoft bugs), and it corrupted my existing save and refused to save it all. Real nice feature I know.

So I figured, look at the bright side, you can play it across a network (I have 3 computer/ 1 linux server/ 4 x-box network in my house). I had already tried this feature out, and was very impressed, my friend who typically tries to take a peek at what play you pick, (He guesses right about 40% of the time) can not see my play, or even formation (which I think it should still show your oponent your formation, think about in real life you can tell if 4 WRs are in as aposed to 2 TE's and a FB). So I tried to hook up a network dynasty game, and did not see anything obvious (maybe I missed something). This really blows, the feature is there, what is so complicated about getting it to work through Dynasty?

So I thinking with the $50 I spent on Fever, I am going to go out and buy Madden, and my friend who went out and spent $50 on Fever, goes out and buys NCAA, and hey we will have two good football games that interface with each other. We will still most likely finish our existing season in our 2002 Fever Dynasty, but as far as starting a 2003 Fever Dynasty, I think not. Good job Microsoft, as always you manage to @$#& up a good thing.

silvaman
08-10-2002, 09:30 PM
not yet

BlindSniper
08-10-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by hoy74
:mad: Fever 2003 is not worth it....Gameplay is essentialy the same with with new "Microsoft Features" aka bugs that crash your system. In Dynasty mode, I was playing my fifth game, and midway through the 3rd quarter tha audio starts getting very choppy (Crowds just stop, then 4 or five plays later be back, same with the Stadium announcer). Then the cut scene between plays began hanging, (30 plus seconds worth). So I tried to save, and then reboot (typical way I choose to solve Microsoft bugs), and it corrupted my existing save and refused to save it all. Real nice feature I know.

So I figured, look at the bright side, you can play it across a network (I have 3 computer/ 1 linux server/ 4 x-box network in my house). I had already tried this feature out, and was very impressed, my friend who typically tries to take a peek at what play you pick, (He guesses right about 40% of the time) can not see my play, or even formation (which I think it should still show your oponent your formation, think about in real life you can tell if 4 WRs are in as aposed to 2 TE's and a FB). So I tried to hook up a network dynasty game, and did not see anything obvious (maybe I missed something). This really blows, the feature is there, what is so complicated about getting it to work through Dynasty?

So I thinking with the $50 I spent on Fever, I am going to go out and buy Madden, and my friend who went out and spent $50 on Fever, goes out and buys NCAA, and hey we will have two good football games that interface with each other. We will still most likely finish our existing season in our 2002 Fever Dynasty, but as far as starting a 2003 Fever Dynasty, I think not. Good job Microsoft, as always you manage to @$#& up a good thing.

man thats gotta suck dude fever must suck

hoy74
08-10-2002, 09:47 PM
It does suck. I swear if the manage to mess up Halo 2, I may never purchase another Microsoft thing again. Switch everything over to Linux, and go back to the PS/2. Course the trend Playstation is taking, and they way X-Box games, features, online gaming are always pushed back at least 3 months after an intial release date, I might be playing a PS/3. Although I think this week I am going to back to the most classic and sacred football game of all time, Tecmo Bowl for the NES, oh yeah.

robnyack
08-11-2002, 06:45 AM
Fever is very disappointing. Microsoft really blew it if they were hoping for Fever to become a successful long term football franchise.

But, let's not condem the xbox for Fever's suckiness. NFL2k3 is going to make us all forget about Fever. Trust me. This game is going to rock, and I will be playing some of you online in about 2 months!

Duke
08-11-2002, 10:36 AM
There are those who like Fever. I'm not among them, but there certainly is a fan base out there. I figure we'll at least see another couple years out of it. Hopefully it will get better.

I too am buying 2k3, but I tell ya, if Madden was on-line, I wouldn't even think about anything else.

Everyone likes their own style of football games.