PDA

View Full Version : NFL FEVER 2003 is slick

pimpineezhoes
08-09-2002, 10:15 AM
NFL Fever03 got a 7.2 from gamepot, and 7.7 from IGN....they say its exsactly the same as Fever02 except for updated roster!!!

-Goldberg-

I picked up NFL Fever 2003 yesterday and it is slick. Forget the ratings from magaizines or anyone elese. Check it out for yourself. There are people who say Halo sucks. Just cuz it is said doesnt mean it has any truth in it. The game is tight and everyone should stop bashing it, saying its not as good as Madden or any other football game. It is Xbox exclusive and on Xbox Live, therefore the more it sells the better it is for Xbox and Xbox Live. Which is better for all XBox customers. Get off of EA's nuts and open your eyes. yes they make good games but there are other tight games too. EA is not trying to help out the Xbox so get off their sack and support Xbox.

Im out like a deaf kid in musical chairs!

JJaX
08-09-2002, 10:29 AM
Fever can get at my balls. THe gameplay is still weak as hell

pimpineezhoes
08-09-2002, 10:38 AM
All lies. You just have the mind capacity of a two-year old and find it too hard to think for youself. Break away from the matrix and be your own man! I would molly wop you like that guy in your little video clip. You play Halo on XBconnect?

JJaX
08-09-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by pimpineezhoes
I would molly wop you like that guy in your little video clip. You play Halo on XBconnect?

I used to all the time, but now its every now and than at my boys. And trust me you dont even want it.

3 man Teamslayer champs at http://www.halowars.com and soon to be Official Halo champion.

That video clip is funny as s4it! :D

Casper
08-09-2002, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

I used to all the time, but now its every now and than at my boys. And trust me you dont even want it.

3 man Teamslayer champs at http://www.halowars.com and soon to be Official Halo champion.

That video clip is funny as s4it! :D

What's up with the broken linky JJaX...bad day or somethin?

JJaX
08-09-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by casper

What's up with the broken linky JJaX...bad day or somethin?

Hmmm?

i guess the site no longer exist. But any who, It was a small tourney about 20 teams id say. But my squad won the whole thing!

You had to throw in $10 and the winner took the pot. It was pretty cool, we had some tough games.

Thats why sometimes in XBC you would see WCHL names infront of peoples names

BlindSniper
08-09-2002, 12:50 PM

I picked up NFL Fever 2003 yesterday and it is slick. Forget the ratings from magaizines or anyone elese. Check it out for yourself. There are people who say Halo sucks. Just cuz it is said doesnt mean it has any truth in it. The game is tight and everyone should stop bashing it, saying its not as good as Madden or any other football game. It is Xbox exclusive and on Xbox Live, therefore the more it sells the better it is for Xbox and Xbox Live. Which is better for all XBox customers. Get off of EA's nuts and open your eyes. yes they make good games but there are other tight games too. EA is not trying to help out the Xbox so get off their sack and support Xbox.

Im out like a deaf kid in musical chairs!

the gameplay is weak as jjax sed but the graphics are good but it still kinda reminds me of a cartoon football game

Woocifer
08-09-2002, 01:27 PM
The truth of the matter is that SEGA will be the next sports kings over EA since EAs quality and care in their games has completely dropped off. 2K3 moves and reacts like nothing else out there.

The movies I've seen of all 3 are comparable in their graphical levels...but the movement and play in 2K3 actually impressed me. Being impressed is hard to come by lately...though I must say Splinter Cell is lookin magically delicious.

Woocifer
08-09-2002, 01:35 PM
The truth of the matter is that SEGA will be the next sports kings over EA since EAs quality and care in their games has completely dropped off. 2K3 moves and reacts like nothing else out there.

The movies I've seen of all 3 are comparable in their graphical levels...but the movement and play in 2K3 actually impressed me. Being impressed is hard to come by lately...though I must say Splinter Cell is lookin magically delicious.

pimpineezhoes
08-09-2002, 02:22 PM
I never said Fever was the tightest game out there. Its not, but people are bashing it like its stick figures running around on green construction paper. the game is nice. give it a break

JJaX
08-09-2002, 02:40 PM
I never said Fever was the tightest game out there. Its not, but people are bashing it like its stick figures running around on green construction paper. the game is nice. give it a break

actually id rather play with stick figures on green construciton paper than fever. But hey, thats just me.

robnyack
08-09-2002, 03:46 PM
I bought Fever 2003 yesterday, and as much as I hate to say it......it's bad. As in not good. As in el stinko.

Now let me clarify.....the game looks great. I like the fever graphics, and if you liked the Fever graphics of last year, you will love these. They are even sharper than they were last year. But, man, that's kinda where it ends.

Gameplay, while I've only played about 3 games, and I am by no means seen everything or mastered anything, I have seen some stuff already that I do not like. Fumbles are very weird. Ball just seems to lie there until someone figures out how to pick it up. Receptions are odd too....i've had a couple "catches" that were not catches (caught while in the air, ball knocked out of hands before feet ever touch ground) and it's ruled a catch and a fumble....what????

The announcers are the absolute worst. Stereotypical, cliche` canned lines. I am the Cowboys and I hand the ball off to Emmitt Smith, and I get "hand off to the half-back". Couldn't they at least say "SMITH"???? He has been around a while, he is fairly well known!!

Kick the ball off to start the game and the announcer says in horrible monotone faked enthusiastic tone, "let's get this party started". UGH!

But, the game does look cool, and overall, it probably plays pretty well. But, my biggest gripe is the dynasty mode. Can anyone say "Fever has been left in the dust?". Oh my god, not a single friggin change. Same exact thing as last year, except numbers and info is just a little harder to get to this time around. The overall presentation of the game is extremely lackluster. Information is hard to get to, things are set up awkward, it just seems so uncared for.

I play football for franchise/dynasty modes. This does not cut it at all. Sega and EA as far as the depth of their franchise/dynasty modes have left Fever in their dust.

It really looks like all they did was add a new announcer (didn't help), sharpen the graphics and added some new animations (did help) and added online play. Meanwhile Sega and Ea have taken the franchise mode and made it even deeper than it was.

Man, am I disappointed. I was sticking my neck out for Fever for quite a while saying they will come back real strong. Their sophmore outing is a dud.

This one will be traded in for Sega NFL2k3 real soon.

lllSmokelll
08-09-2002, 04:36 PM
NFL Fever03 got a 7.2 from gamepot, and 7.7 from IGN....they say its exsactly the same as Fever02 except for updated roster!!! its a average football game!!

CrazyCougar
08-09-2002, 04:52 PM
Hey robynack, thanks for the great review. Answers any questions I may have. I may still rent it, but definitely not buying. Sega and EA got my money this year.

robnyack
08-09-2002, 06:42 PM
Cougar,

absolutely rent it. You never know. You could like it it. The graphics alone warrent a looksie. But, after that, it's all downhill, in my opinion.

real bummer. It's already back in it's bag ready to be taken back to EB in the 14th, and NCAA 2003 is back in the ol' xbox!

I really would have thought microsoft would have been smart enough to know that if they are interested in creating a true long term franchise, their second year out of the gate needs to be even stronger than their first year's version. I was wrong. Considering the competition got much better this year, and Fever, in my opinion actually got weaker, this "franchise" is in serious trouble.

I think Fever is going to take a MAJOR hit this year, and might not be savable for the long term. I know it will not be on my list for 2004. They got ALOT of convincing to do before I will jump back on their bandwagon.

Heads should role over this debacle.

FuNkY mOnK
08-09-2002, 08:46 PM
All of you don’t know how good you have, when I was a kid the only football game was that vibrating table with the plastic football players vibrating in circles like they were square dancing, and the noise that emitted from the motor was like a giant dildo. So stop your crying, and be happy.

robnyack
08-09-2002, 10:40 PM
I had that stupid vibrating football game where all the guys just vibrated off the edge of the game board! What the hell was that all about???

As for the games today.....the reason why we no longer have stupid vibrating football games where all the guys just vibrated off the edge of the game board is because people ***** and won't buy awful products. If we didn't *****, we would still today be playing that stupid vibrating football game where all the guys just vibrated off the edge of the game board.

And I gotta tell you, NFL Fever 2003 when compared to what's out there is pretty much the stupid vibrating football game where all the guys just vibrated off the edge of the game board.

Microsoft REALLY dropped the ball on this one.