PDA

View Full Version : Xbox campout!!!!!

JeremyX
11-01-2001, 09:01 PM
With less than 2 weeks to go where do you plan on camping out for your Xbox? How early are you going to get there?:confused:
I'm still undecided as to what store I'm going to camp out at but I know that I'll be there at 2:00 a.m. I have to have one at launch!!!(I don't have $500 so don't ask me why I don't I just by an Xbox bundle)

Xboxmaster2001
11-01-2001, 09:39 PM
i have 500 but the bundles where i live rip you off like 20 bucks so im going to my wal-mart you know my stroy alerady and im gettingthere at 10 pm and leaving with an xbox at midnight yahoo then im off of school because ill be playing xbox!!!

scarecrow kfj
11-02-2001, 09:08 AM
I am having mine deliverd to my friend at HP. It takes mail forever to get through me here so I figured he would have an easier time . I have it being overnighted to me so I wont be able to play till friday :(

l Maximus l
11-02-2001, 05:32 PM
I work part-time at a West Coast based mass merchandiser that has an Electronics Department that I work in. It's called Fred Meyer if any of you have heard of it.

Eventhough I am an employee there, I have to be a customer to buy one and I cannot reserve one! So, I will be camping out at the store. The cool thing is that I get a 10% employee discount...that will pretty much cover the tax...actually, a tad bit more...but, hey! More money towards games! I also get a discount there, so, I'm good on that subject, too :)

But, I have a hook up for the games...my wife has a really good friend who works for Microsoft and I can get games for $10-15 each! I'm really stoked about that...So, I should have about 6 or 7 games at launch...more to come in December :D I'll probably have to stash the new games on a shelf because I will be too busy conquering my games at launch. But, hey! I'm building my XBox library :p

Rancey
11-02-2001, 07:12 PM
So do you have too pay extra on the $299? Here we just pay the rrp and walk off.

Dan Livingston
11-02-2001, 07:22 PM
camp out? mmmm. i don't know. I'll probably show up at 8 pm. there don't seem to be that many people willing to camp out. I'll check the news, and if they say anything about it, i'll go earlier. I can't make up my mind if i should go to best buy or eb or babbages. More people will camp out at eb, but i don't know what will happen at best buy.

Pondskum17
11-03-2001, 01:20 AM
No camp out for me i get my xbox from a Target employee. Hes going to put some xbox boxes(say that fast ten times)aside for himself and for me.

ozenplayer
11-04-2001, 03:36 AM
i dont need to pre-order but if i had to i would go to walmart because walmart stas open 24 hours so you can just walk around in walmart instead of setting up tents are sleeping in cars

Azimiza-XBA
11-04-2001, 10:55 AM
What the hell are you gonna camp out for? This ain't no PS2. There aren't any shortages. Not that many people want an Xbox now as much people wanted a PS2 at PS2's launch.

Hilbe
11-04-2001, 02:21 PM
I went to walmart's website...i thought they were sold out? Are local stores like Walmart and Target going to be selling them w/o a game pack and not preorder?

scarecrow kfj
11-05-2001, 09:48 AM
From what I understand all preorders must be done in a bundle. And yes people will need to camp out. They are alreay selling on eb for 600 and up. "Its not P2" thank god for that.

l Maximus l
11-05-2001, 10:45 AM
Actually, at the store that I work at, we are not selling bundles. Just the units by themselves. If you want to buy games on top of that, you can also do that. If people want bundles, they can go elsewhere...I just found out that we are only getting 8 XBoxes!!! I can't believe how pathetic that is! Only 8!!! That's lower than what I thought.

So, I am going to camp outside from the store that I work at. I will be there at 9:00pm November 14th and wait all night. I realize that Microsoft will have enough for everyone by Christmas, but, I have to have one the day it comes out. I've been waiting over a year for this system. :p

I figure, from 9:00pm November 14th to 7:00am November 15th is only 10 hours....so, what's ten more hours compared to how long I have been waiting for this system to come out? Noooooooooo problem!!! :p

scarecrow kfj
11-05-2001, 11:27 AM
As I said " preorders need to be baught in bundles" after it is released I am sure you can buy it on its own at certain places.

l Maximus l
11-05-2001, 12:28 PM
Scarecrow...dude, I know what you meant, I was just adding that there are some stores that are not selling bundles, that's all. Dude!!! I can't wait!

scarecrow kfj
11-05-2001, 12:50 PM
Max I know. I ment orders to be taken before Nov 15th. I read several places preorders will be done in bundles. I believe you said your store wasnt taking preorders and that they would be selling the day of. They were saying preoreders are being sold in bundles per microsofts request to due so. I could be wrong but if you purchase before Noz 15th it would have to be in a bundle.

Slash10
11-05-2001, 02:54 PM
Since mine is on researve, I can go whenever i feel like, and get my XBOX, 3 games and 2 controllers. When I do, I'm going to laugh at everyone that waited in line to get theres, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, all mine!!!!

l Maximus l
11-05-2001, 03:33 PM
lol..I don't mind waiting in line...I will have a buddy with me and we will drink a few Red Bulls and PowerAids (no beer...I have to work the next morning after I pick up my XBox). It will be some good times...I might even start smoking...hmmmmm....