PDA

View Full Version : PC Controllers on XBOX

K-j
08-10-2002, 01:48 PM
Are there any adapters that will enable you to use PC game controllers on the XBOX? I know there is one for PS2 controllers, but that's just crap!

The main reason I ask is because apparently, steering wheels on the XBOX have weak Force feedback. But Microsoft's own Sidewinder wheel for the PC has got excellent, strong feedback.

Any ideas?

lllSmokelll
08-10-2002, 01:59 PM
a mouse....you want a mouse??....there probly not gonna make adapters to convert PC controlers to XBOX....why would they

K-j
08-10-2002, 03:04 PM
A mouse would have it's advantages on Halo, but that is not the reason I asked. The reason I asked was because of the Sidewinder Force Feedback wheel.

I'm not expecting an official adapter, as Microsoft would much rather you pay out more money on extra controllers rather than just recycle existing PC ones.

Somebody somewhere knows how to do it! They just need to post their info here.

Zion
08-10-2002, 03:14 PM
No, that's not possible. There's no way to install the drivers. Even if you could install them, your force feedback wheel would not have force feedback since the Xbox does not send it a force feedback signal.

Hugh_Jass
08-10-2002, 09:17 PM
I bet force feedback is coming to XBOX. There is no reason why the XBOX couldn't support it.

peejay2288
08-10-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Zion
No, that's not possible. There's no way to install the drivers. Even if you could install them, your force feedback wheel would not have force feedback since the Xbox does not send it a force feedback signal.

your pretty smart

BlindSniper
08-10-2002, 09:23 PM
why would you want a pcs one so bad? and im pretty sure thats not possible as well.

lllSmokelll
08-10-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by peejay2288

your pretty smart
im smart too :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

AmpedRider
08-10-2002, 11:36 PM
hey man im only dumb half the time haha. dont make fun of us challenged ppl.

Zion
08-10-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by peejay2288

your pretty smart

A little common sense goes a long way! :p

addict733
08-11-2002, 02:18 AM
they are comin out with wheels soon, chill and wait.

Integra Man
08-11-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Goldberg

im smart too :confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

if ur smart im a guiness okay go spear a tree

dougi3000
08-11-2002, 11:29 AM
umm
Xbox give "RUMBLE" signals, not "Force Feedback"
they are not the same things.

Force Feedback has "Force", it will give resistance to joystick movement, and will pull the joystick in different directions.

K-j
08-12-2002, 08:15 AM
Yep. What I wanna know is when are we gonna get some descent Force Feedback for steering wheels? They need a little more kick than the puny little rumble on the control pads!

Microsoft! Wake your ass up!

Zion
08-12-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by K-j
Yep. What I wanna know is when are we gonna get some descent Force Feedback for steering wheels? They need a little more kick than the puny little rumble on the control pads!

Microsoft! Wake your ass up!

Well, as Dougi said, the Xbox does not send a force feedback signal so there's no use in making a force feedback wheel.

Hugh_Jass
08-12-2002, 02:00 PM
There is nothing about the XBOX that restricts it to "rumble". All the XBOX needs for true Force Feedback support is the proper peripheral and a game built to use it.

That's the beauty of the modified USB port. You can run anything off USB.

I suspect that nobody has made a FF wheel because they don't think console gamers are willing to pay $100+ for a decent wheel. Maybe Tekki will change that attitude.

K-j
08-13-2002, 05:28 AM
OK, so it dosn't send signals at the moment, but Microsoft could come up with some Sidewinder (or whatever) drivers for it like they have the PC wheel, and distribute it on the front disc of the official UK XBOX magazine or something.

We have the best console, why settle for second rate controllers?! Come on people! Dosn't anyone else want a descent wheel?!

borka105
08-13-2002, 06:23 AM
We already have one with the MC2 wheel.

The rumble is weak in that wheel.......but then again, I really don't care for rumble in my wheel.

The handling is great, and the accu vue system in an ingenious invention.

-Borka105

Zion
08-13-2002, 07:29 AM
Yeah, I don't care for rumble in a wheel. A real steering wheel does not shake and gyrate, so why should it in a game? I also hate force feedback, it makes it feel like you're driving a lawn tractor.

borka105
08-13-2002, 09:45 AM
Here is my personal opinion- I don't like force feedback in a wheel......for the reasons that Zion stated.

I do like force feedback joysticks though. I have a huge MS joysitck with forcefeedback, that I play mechwarrior with.
Pretty cool, well worth the price.

-Borka105

K-j
08-13-2002, 09:46 AM
If you go over a big bump in the road, chances are you will feel a jolt in the wheel, unless you have some sort of magical suspension that you made yourself and refuse to share with the rest of the world.

Alright, so you wouldn't get all the feedback through the wheel, but a FF wheel costs alot less than a FF seat or replica car!