PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 afterthoughts of x02

TheCovenant
08-10-2002, 02:52 PM
The halo engine is unrewritable, uncopyable by any other developer, including bungie. Bungie need so much help to create the first halo that the team became the largest to ever create ANY game for bungie.

And the only reason this is true, is because major programmers and designers chiped in in such an important role that it eventually lead to the 17 part engine, including the incredibly realistic physics engine , and the....until now , unalterable graphics engine.
And when i first heard things and even rumers before E3, i was skeptical about the gamelooking or even being better than the last.

Then i went to E3 and sat down with a group of corprate executives and investors and even some microsoft developers who will remain secret, and saw J. allard and Ed Fries speak of xbox live, and then Jason jones came on announced a halo 2, and then leave leeaving us with nothing, just " halo 2 will be the online expierience it was originally meant to be."

Then, 4 months later i was invited to an event in new york called xo2, where they announced project gotham and halo 2 again.

I was thinking that it was gonna be E3 all over again, but then they ran an actual in game movie, and i left a warm pile right there and then.

The movie makes , i must regretably say, Doom III look like a pencil drawing of the first days of superman 64.
okay im pushing it, but still the game looked amazing, and from the video i can safely say cortana will join his adventures this time around and you can expect even more covenant foes too. Jason jones even hinted at the battle between marines and covenant....on earth.

Can you imagine that! banshee fights around the statue of libery, knocking elites of the eifel tower and even,or maybe even having a tank battle at the great pyramids of egypt, and with the new suped up engine, it should have no trouble making games like Medal of honor: frontline, Metroid prime, and even unreal episode 2 look like goldeneye.

Koopa
08-10-2002, 03:10 PM
...and then you woke up:D

..moron:)

hook-worm J
08-10-2002, 03:53 PM
hey, he might not be lying... I hope he's not lying anyway.

BlindSniper
08-10-2002, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by hook-worm J

****** i hate when theres finally info on halo 2 then its like 10 paragraphs....damn

cityson
08-10-2002, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by TheCovenant
Can you imagine that! banshee fights around the statue of libery, knocking elites of the eifel tower and even,or maybe even having a tank battle at the great pyramids of egypt, and with the new suped up engine, it should have no trouble making games like Medal of honor: frontline, Metroid prime, and even unreal episode 2 look like goldeneye.

Sounds interesting. :) BTW, that's the only paragraph I read....

Koopa
08-10-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by hook-worm J

*snicker*

i reallllly doubt its true
if he gets invited to all these special press events and talked to super secret micrsoft employees, he'd be working at a big gaming mag or site, not posting in our little forum...
also, none of this stuff is new. If you've actually read the press releases, its all in there.

sorry buddy, but you leave me no choice...:D
http://members.aol.com/tswanace/koopastamp.gif

Koopa
08-10-2002, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
that stamp was rich..can I order that to stamp on my hand?

sure, just shove your hand into your modem, reach across the internet, and have it pop out of my printer. Then i'll stamp your hand and you can pull it back out again.

ready...?

GO!
*stamp*

addict733
08-11-2002, 02:22 AM
KOOPA!, whats up man, havnt been around in a while....member me?

Koopa
08-11-2002, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by addict733
KOOPA!, whats up man, havnt been around in a while....member me?

yaaa i think so. whats up man!:D been playing a lot of uh....first it was jedi knights 2...then it was morrowind.....now its warcraft 3:D i still look around the forums but don't post as much as I used to;)

Xbox Owner
08-11-2002, 10:00 AM
lol...just think if bin laden was in the game!! that would be sweet..i would run him over then shoot him..then punch him..then stick a plasma to him!:D :cool:

Tkf5000
08-11-2002, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by XBox Owner
lol...just think if bin laden was in the game!! that would be sweet..i would run him over then shoot him..then punch him..then stick a plasma to him!:D :cool:
that would be a awesome easter egg. like in one level theres a crack in the wall and u hit it and bin ladin is in there and u can shoot him and he screams like a little girl then dies!