PDA

View Full Version : Release date question: When do games actually arrive at stores near you?

wweomaniac
08-10-2002, 09:39 PM
Like... let's say a game's release date is 08/13/2002 (you know I'm talking aboot NFL 2k3 ;))

Does that mean it's going to arrive at the store on August 13th
... or does it mean that it will ship to the store on August 13th (and arrive the next day or so)?

I wanna go and pick up the game on the first day. :)

BlindSniper
08-10-2002, 09:40 PM
me 2 man but i have no idea :( it is always off of thw actuall release date by a week.

lllSmokelll
08-10-2002, 10:18 PM
when raw came out i went out the first day and got it

BlindSniper
08-10-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by goldberg
when raw came out i went out the first day and got it
]
man you really are a wrestling freak

Toonz
08-10-2002, 10:49 PM
My Eb always has them on the date or the day after

CrazyCougar
08-10-2002, 10:59 PM
Guys, I used to be the warehouse manager for a computer software warehouse. When a manufacturer gives a release date to it is actually the shipping date. Which means realease it to the hounds!!! So usually the game will always be in stores the day after.....BUT!!!!!!!!

That was a release date they gave us at the warehouse. They may give the actual sale date to the retailers. I know if we didnt get something out the door on time the phones were ringing off the hook because retailers were promised product by a certain date. So all in all I would say go the day after the release date. Tuesdays are almost always new software shipping days. Wednesday is when you'd see it in the store. Just a general rule of thumb.

AmpedRider
08-10-2002, 11:38 PM
most stores or the local store i go to gets them the day they come out weather thats a saturday or whenever. But places like blockbuster dont get xbox games in until weeks after the release. Hope that helps

wweomaniac
08-11-2002, 10:48 AM
meh... mixed responses.

I think I'll phone eb.