PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Kagouti Den?!

headgamer
08-10-2002, 11:21 PM
Well, I think I found it - 3 kagouti's around a bunch of human bones, kind of down in a gully under a rock outcropping. Also found 2 kagouti around a bridge with some human bones (this is for an Ald Velothi Redoran quest, BTW). But when I go back to the guy in Ald Velothi, he just asks if I have done anything about the kagouti den, when I have killed all 5 kagouti's! Is the "pack-leader" somewhere else to be found around there? And if so. where? (It is hard finding stuff in that area of the map!)

I can't do anymore of his quests until I clear this one. It seems I have and it's ANOTHER glitch, unless the pack leader is not in the two places I mentioned.

Anyone?

HG...

Alien
08-11-2002, 08:27 AM
Hey, cool, you also live in North Dakota. :D I live on the Minot Air Force Base.

Sorry, but I can't help you with your question however...

Tkf5000
08-11-2002, 09:51 AM
hey i posted this last week. im not the only one with the problem! i killed the katougi too! i even have the hint book, prophecies! i killed the den south of the river like he said. i even tried taking their hides back to him. and i even tried taking the steel stuff out of the chest next to them. none of those worked and i tried another katougi den. didnt work. then i read the maps from the book and i only saw those 2 dens so it has to be one of those. it might be a glitch or sumthin. bethesda seriously needs some decent beta testers. and the guy has more quests or u too and that leaves them unfinishable. anyway i dont need to do every quest. i skipped it but now i found nother glitch that completely stops u from rising an more ranks. theres a quest i need to finish to get to the next quest and after i finish the second uest i can get quests from couuncliers (milk cave quest). but i cant finish the first quest. i need to challenge a guy to a duel. but i already killed him in a theives guild quest. now i cant duel him!

headgamer
08-11-2002, 11:07 AM
Yep, you're screwed. Ondres Nerano is his name, and you can't do anything about it. I am in the same boat. I have killed all five kagouti's in the "dens" - where the human bones are. I did find a sixth kagouti on the road between Gnisis and Ald-rhun, like he says. It is at a fork in the road, with a road sign, and it is close to the egg mine you had to kill the shalk in. I killed that kagouti, but haven't gone back to see if it was the "pack leader" though. Will let you know if that does it.

Good luck. But the highest rank you're gonna be able to get is House Brother, or maybe Father (depending on if the Ald Velothi guy gives you enough quests to go up in rank). House Borther gets you two phases of your stronghold done, but you can't finish it until you are Councilor.

HG...

P.S. Hey Alien, are you being considered for XBox Live beta-testing? If so (I am), then we should hook up for some online play...

Alien
08-11-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by headgamer
Hey Alien, are you being considered for XBox Live beta-testing? If so (I am), then we should hook up for some online play... Nope...I wasn't...:( I wish I would have been however.

Tkf5000
08-11-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by headgamer
Good luck. But the highest rank you're gonna be able to get is House Brother, or maybe Father (depending on if the Ald Velothi guy gives you enough quests to go up in rank).
no i dont think u can get up to father. to get to house father u need the councliers support. and u cant get support until u finish the milk cave quest which is after the ondres nerano duel quest...

headgamer
08-11-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Alien
Nope...I wasn't...:( I wish I would have been however.

Bummer, buddy... I am - have finished both surveys - so am just waiting. I kind of expect to, since I heard that only 10% of those that filled out the first survey were sent the second one...

Needless to say, the router is sitting next to the computer ready to be installed...

;)

HG...

headgamer
08-11-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000

no i dont think u can get up to father. to get to house father u need the councliers support. and u cant get support until u finish the milk cave quest which is after the ondres nerano duel quest...

That's what I figured.

Then I am not going to waste my time with the rest of Ald Velothi's quests - just too far out of the way...

Oh! And kagouti den problem solved. It WAS that one kagouti at that intersection in the road that did the trick. Killed the two next to the bridge, the three in that den, and the one on the road, and he allowed me to clear the quest. All for naught though...

I am so mad at House Redoran about the Nerano issue (why not recognize he is dead), that when I have completed everything I want to:

1) main quest - 4th and 5th trials right now
2) Fighters guild - Master
3) Thieves' guild - Master
4) Mage's guild - Warlock or Wizard so far (can't remember which - but won't be able to Archmage since I killed Trbonius for someone else way back)
5) Morag Tong - (just started)
6) may do the Imperial Legion quests as well eventually

...I will commit Redoran genocide and take out my wrath and resentment on the entire House Redoran - I will make SKar MY stronghold since I couldn't get them, to complete my paltry little thing... I think I will make the Redoran Canton in Vivec my stronghold actually, and make Skar in Ald-Rhun my summer home...

LOL... that'll teach them... I will BE House Redoran....I will rule all of Morrowind before I am done... they think I am there to save it - I am there to singlehandedly take it over...

MWAHAHAHAHAHA....

;)

HG...

Tkf5000
08-12-2002, 09:49 AM
ur gunna make skar ur home. what are u gunna do sleep on top of him. ur thinking about under skar. under skar isnt skar its the manors district lol. i wish that they made a reamake of the first 2 elder scrolls back in th day of Skar and Neverar and the house wars and stuff. that would be awesome, but it will never happen.