PDA

View Full Version : Bound Objects

AppoX
08-10-2002, 11:53 PM
i don't get how to use these. how do i know when the spell is in use? it says Cast When Used, when is this? when i am shooting it? or when i am beign attacked?

poedcir
08-11-2002, 01:47 AM
bound spells improve your weapon or armor or whatever is being bound so if you have a scroll that bounds something it says something like bound axe for 60 secs on self if you use that you can equip an axe and it's all special

poedcir
08-11-2002, 01:49 AM
if you bound an object it becomes special

frostedflakes
08-11-2002, 03:48 AM
it's an enchanted item right? just press b, go to the magic menu, then select the weapon with a. cast the effect and you're done. you'll be able to tell if the spell is in effect by looking at the top left of your screen (right next to the map thing). there should be a small icon with a picture of the bound item (if it is flashing, that means that it's wearing off).

Dulacc
08-11-2002, 01:44 PM
What bound item spells or enchanted item effects do is summon the particular bound item(helm, sword, etc.) and equip it for the duration.

The summoned item is a daedric version of the item that usually is enchanted to fortify a related skill to the item(for armor, it usually fortifies heavy, medium, and light armor skills. for weapons, it usually fortifies the skill it takes to use that weapon).

When the duration of the spell/effect is over, the item dissappears and the item originally equiped will be re-equipped.

Example: the Fiend Tanto(or whatever) has the enchantment of bound dagger for 60 seconds. You select the enchantment(from the spell menu) and cast it. It summons the daedric dagger and replaces the fiend tanto, for 60 seconds. After the 60 seconds, the daedric dagger disappears and the Fiend Tanto is re-equiped.

The bound item has no weight, and cannot be dropped or sold(they have no value anyway), with the exception of the bound cuirass. For some reason, you CAN drop it and sell it.(probably a glitch)

As for knowing when it's in effect(besides it being there), a conjuration symbol shows as part of the list of magical effects in effect.(I can't really explain that too well.)