PDA

View Full Version : Conflict: Desert Storm (Demo)

Afro Aura
08-11-2002, 12:37 PM
Yep I've played CDS and it's a pretty decent game on the demo you have to save Foley, find some C4, destroy a bridge and return to landing spot for extraction,

Visuals: are pretty bare but in saying that you start off in the desert and the only thing you see are mountain sides a bridge and other items I don't want to put in any spoilers.
The character animation is really smooth and fluid and they are nicely detailed, when you get shot you get red marks over your nice clean uniform, they have 3 stances, stand up, crouch and lie down

Sound: is pretty good with music that sits well with the environment your in, you hear the enemy talking to himself of singing when you sneak behind him, with the jets flying by and vehicles rolling along all sound real enough

Gameplay: is great when you get into it, when you get your first steath killing and point it all helps, the AI is OK but not brilliant as they kept missing me I haven't been killed out right yet (I'm playing in easy so that doesn't help hehehe) I'd say it's a thinking man shoot 'em up where you find the right place to deploy you men (I only had 2 in the demo) you can control then individually or as a group and there are 15 missions which I'm sure you'd play again in Hard
The only thing I was a bit worried about is that the game sort of jerks when you spin and a bit of slowsdown on a packed screen, I'm not to sure how this is going to work with all 4 screens working together as it's a 4 player game or unless it's a switch from screen to the other

My Rating: 8/10 (demo only)

CRAIG123
08-11-2002, 01:51 PM
yep ive played the demo also, its a good game IMO But it is just the first level, it seemed a bit too easy but i would still give it a 8 / 10 :)

hook-worm J
08-11-2002, 02:58 PM
ahhhh! i want to play that demo soooo bad!!!

Xboxed
08-12-2002, 04:24 PM
Demo instructions on PSX2 were crap so I had to work out the buttons to let me order Foley to go to the bridge end and cover me!!!!. But when he did it was very good. He ran off, got in position and when an Iraqi showed up he wasted him While I took the Machine gun emplacement over and roasted the lot of em

On hard setting you get hit first time and have to think hard

Anyway this is off the Official Xbox mag forum

The finished game, and that opening level especially, look much nicer than they do in the demo. There were a few framerate lulls I noticed that just aren't there in the finished code, plus the lovely sunset and air strike set piece aren't implemented in the demo.

This was due to submission - the improvements made by the team at Pivotal Games after they submitted a demo for our coverdisc is quite noticeable.

Just so you know.

Staff writer/moderator
Official UK Xbox Magazine

Dyslexic Chaos
08-12-2002, 11:52 PM
Where did u play the demo? Was it in a UK demo disk or something?

Xboxed
08-13-2002, 03:54 PM
UK/europe xbox mag.