PDA

View Full Version : Hiring guards or people to your house

xboxgamer142
08-11-2002, 01:36 PM
I have heard throughout many threads that people have hired so and so many guards. But how do you hire guards or workers???
Do you have to buy them or what? Is it possible to buy slaves too?

For reference, I belong to House Hlaalu and my house is at the Rethan Manor at Odai Plateau. At the moment, I'm House Brother.

Dulacc
08-11-2002, 01:47 PM
You hire guards as part of making your stronghold for House Redoran. It's a specific quest in making the stronghold.

You can buy slaves. In Vos(I think, or Tel Ahrun), there is a slave trader that you can buy slaves from. I haven't tried it, but it was possible.

Tkf5000
08-11-2002, 03:20 PM
when u free a slave do they follow u around and fight wiht u and stuff. i know u can set them free... and u can buy them for the third part of the redoran quest for your stronghold.

shrew king
08-11-2002, 04:36 PM
I just finished doing what youre talking about, to hire a guard, go to the fighters guild, talk to the woman downstairs, talk to here about hiring a guard, she will ask you if you want to pay 1000 drakes for one to guard your manor, if you have the money, then pay her for the guard.

To get egg-miners for your mine, go to Gnisis and talk to one of the egg miners in the town (there is one with a house built into the side of the mountain) talk to him and he will agree to work for you and says he will bring a crew of egg miners with him.

ScorpionX
08-11-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by shrew king

To get egg-miners for your mine, go to Gnisis and talk to one of the egg miners in the town (there is one with a house built into the side of the mountain) talk to him and he will agree to work for you and says he will bring a crew of egg miners with him.

Ugh, this sucks. I killed that egg miner that your supposed to hire so now I can not make my stronghold bigger :mad:

Black_Tek
08-11-2002, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Dulacc
You hire guards as part of making your stronghold for House Redoran. It's a specific quest in making the stronghold.

You can buy slaves. In Vos(I think, or Tel Ahrun), there is a slave trader that you can buy slaves from. I haven't tried it, but it was possible.
Well, I am looking forward to join House Redoran because I have become a Legion Dragon and The fighter Guild Master....But the question is I work for the thives too...Is there is any quest of this house that would go against the theives guild policy...or do you recomend its better to finish all the Theives Guild quests then I shall join House Redoran....?:cool:

shrew king
08-11-2002, 09:48 PM
Im in the Thieves Guild, Great House Hlaalu, and the Imperial Legion, and the only time I had to "Go against" my own guild was some mission where i have to find some thieves in Caldera, and when i found the thief she said that if i turned her in, i would be expelled from the Thieves Guild, so she told me to lie about it, which i did, and everything is fine, so when you have to go behind your Guild or House's back, it usually gives you the option to avoid a problem.

P.S.: anyone who has found the cave with the bandits youre supposed to get rid of, would you mind posting the location of the cave?

theredchord
08-11-2002, 10:05 PM

P.S.: anyone who has found the cave with the bandits youre supposed to get rid of, would you mind posting the location of the cave?

Go down to the coast below Rethan Manor and follow the coast east until you come to a bridge(not the first one on the way to Rethan Manor). Cross the bridge and just look on the left at the rocks for the cavern door. It's not too far in from the bridge on the left side.

Black_Tek
08-11-2002, 10:12 PM
Im in the Thieves Guild, Great House Hlaalu, and the Imperial Legion, and the only time I had to "Go against" my own guild was some mission where i have to find some thieves in Caldera, and when i found the thief she said that if i turned her in, i would be expelled from the Thieves Guild, so she told me to lie about it, which i did, and everything is fine, so when you have to go behind your Guild or House's back, it usually gives you the option to avoid a problem.

:) Thanx Shrew.....Everytime I needed help your outhere....thanx again...I wonder if you found the place "Ashunumani"...or something like that...thanx again...good luck.....and Peace:cool:

shrew king
08-11-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by Black_Tek

:) Thanx Shrew.....Everytime I needed help your outhere....thanx again...I wonder if you found the place "Ashunumani"...or something like that...thanx again...good luck.....and Peace:cool:

Anytime i can help. And yeah i found that place. It was like down a road that goes southeast, then north, which had been throwing me off before, so i had never taken it cuase the lady tells you it is SOUTHEAST of Ald redaynia, i dont know why they cant just tell you to follow the road. I think im pretty much in everything you are in, so any time you need help, ill try and help.:D

Oh, and thnx theredchord. It is the bridge next to those two egg miners with a fire going right?

theredchord
08-12-2002, 08:19 AM

Oh, and thnx theredchord. It is the bridge next to those two egg miners with a fire going right?

Well, you could probably go across that bridge and get to the cave, but it's easier just to keep walking past that(away from Balmora) and then a little bit after the Odai Plateau you'll see a bridge. Cross that bridge and look on the left side of the "trail".

davidx
08-12-2002, 02:45 PM
OK,

So I got my eggminers and the mine buisness is 'boomin'. So how do I get paid? Buddy at House Hallu said this buisness can make a man rich.

Who do I see to get paid?

X

shrew king
08-12-2002, 04:43 PM
im not sure if i remembered right or not, but i think he says "an egg mine can make a good profit for the Great House Hlaalu." Maybe your wages go to pay the guard, because I havent noticed any income, but I have like $200,000+ so i dont really worry about it.

I looked for that cave last night after logging off and i found the cave thanx to theredchord, thnx man.

Comic Book Guy
08-13-2002, 09:48 PM
I found the person who sells slaves in Tel Aruhn, but everytime I try to buy one it freezes. Does this happen to anyone else?

ScorpionX
08-13-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Comic Book Guy
I found the person who sells slaves in Tel Aruhn, but everytime I try to buy one it freezes. Does this happen to anyone else?

Nope, I have bought a few slaves from that lady in Tel Aruhn and it never froze on me ever. That is not good because she is part of the main quest.

Tkf5000
08-14-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Comic Book Guy
I found the person who sells slaves in Tel Aruhn, but everytime I try to buy one it freezes. Does this happen to anyone else? i was playing around last night before i turned the game off and i decided to buy all the slaves to see what good the slaves are. after i tried to buy the last slave on the list it froze up...

Comic Book Guy
08-14-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by rage1mj7

Nope, I have bought a few slaves from that lady in Tel Aruhn and it never froze on me ever. That is not good because she is part of the main quest.

HA! I have already killed two people very important to the main quest! If I kill her can I steal her slaves? I tried to set a slave free and take it at a Dren Plantation but the guards came after me.

Tkf5000
08-15-2002, 09:18 AM
i tried buying the slaves again last night. didnt freeze. they all follow u around. one looks like Caius Cosades.