PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 comarable to Doom III? *56k*

JADE8704
08-11-2002, 07:41 PM
Doom III
http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/doom3_073002_001.jpg
Halo 2
http://bungie.net/images/site/halo/desktops/halo2_wallpaper/halo2_trailer_800.jpg

i'd say so....the graphics for halo 2 will only get better and better...:cool:

XBOX MSSC
08-11-2002, 07:48 PM
They are pretty damn close...
:p yummy

y2kash_14
08-11-2002, 07:52 PM
Im geussing the Halo2 shot is a scene, in Doom 3 the graphics are that good even during Gameplay, i doubt Xbox could handle graphics as good as Doom 3

Integra Man
08-11-2002, 07:53 PM
wowie that is pretty close they both look really good

i want a cookie ok

Sodacider
08-11-2002, 08:00 PM
halo graphics are in-game and Doom III producer said Xbox could handle Doom's graphics.

y2kash_14
08-11-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Sodacider
halo graphics are in-game and Doom III producer said Xbox could handle Doom's graphics.

If that is in-game then i guess Bungie decided to go third-person? i dont think so

faceoff508
08-11-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by y2kash_14

If that is in-game then i guess Bungie decided to go third-person? i dont think so

The trailer shows in game footage and the press say it unbeleivable.

y2kash_14
08-11-2002, 08:13 PM
Just because they say its un-beleivable doesn't mean it could match up to DoomIII.

JADE8704
08-11-2002, 08:20 PM
you have to remember fellas, halo 2 is a YEAR AND A HALF away from being finished...given the time doom 3 has been in developement and the time halo 2 has been in developement, i'd say bungie and halo 2 have a bright future in the graphics and eye candy department :)

LynxFX
08-11-2002, 09:02 PM
Don't forget that Doom III will have the advantage of more powerful graphics cards when it debuts along with the advantage of higher resolution. When DIII comes we will have the NV35 and hopefully a competing product from ATI.

Halo 2 will no doubt look awesome and better than Halo but I doubt it will be able to match Doom III just because of the sheer limitations that are hardwired into the Xbox.

Can't wait for either. :D

Anthony4sho
08-11-2002, 09:10 PM
Ykash....u remember in halo when there was a cut scene, and it didnt have any fancy CGz, the cut scene was real time......i think thats what faceoff meanz....that the scenez in the trailer is what the game is gonna look like when ur playing.......anywayz, the halo 2 screen lookz a lil better than the doom 3 one.

Sodacider
08-11-2002, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
Don't forget that Doom III will have the advantage of more powerful graphics cards when it debuts along with the advantage of higher resolution. When DIII comes we will have the NV35 and hopefully a competing product from ATI.

Halo 2 will no doubt look awesome and better than Halo but I doubt it will be able to match Doom III just because of the sheer limitations that are hardwired into the Xbox.

Can't wait for either. :D

Both Doom III and Halo 2 are limited to the exact same graphics. DirectX 8 is still going to be DirectX 8, and that's hardwired into Windows and the Xbox.

Doom III is using dual pixel shaders which is it's claim to fame against PC games, but Halo already used it in the first game.

--

I totally agree that Doom III will be great, but to say Halo 2 can't be just as great is blind considering how little you know about the engine, especially as the graphics engine makes *all* of the difference.

Think you need the fastest machine to run the best game? Well let's take a small look at the difference an engine can make. Take Red Alert 2 created by Westwood using an outdated engine, then take Warcraft III using a new engine which JUST came out.

Here's the thing- Red Alert 2, an ancient game by our standards, takes more processor power than the MUCH more beautiful Warcraft III, simply because the graphics engine is designed in such a way that it maximizes effectiveness.

What we do know right now about three games:
Doom III looks to be a great graphics engine but we have NO clue about gameplay, just as Wolfenstein was supposed to be a Halo killer but the gameplay outright stank.
Unreal 2 has the engine and gameplay that we can see in other games such as America's Army and soon Xbox's very own Unreal Championship.
Halo 2 we can see has the graphics but to what extent we don't know, and further than that- we absolutely know the gameplay is going to be stunning because we were all stunned by Halo 1.

--

As for being in-game graphics- The fact that that may be a third person shot during a movie, the fact remains that they are being created by the game engine. This has been stated by Bungie and, as we saw in Halo 1, this is the case. Halo 1 had amazing video sequences considering they were done w/ in-game graphics, and the gameplay matched it.

lllSmokelll
08-11-2002, 09:43 PM
look at the reflections on the master chief...dam :cool:

Reclaimer
08-11-2002, 09:44 PM
In Halo CE the quality of the graphics of the third person cut scene movies where no different from the in game first person graphics. Just looking at the Halo2 teaser pictures, well yes it's obviously a cut scene because it's in third person, but, I'm willing to bet that the graphics will be just as good during normal in-game play just knowing from what I know the Halo CE engine could produce. This is a revamped engine so we will be treated to the end all graphical experience for a FPS game.

cityson
08-11-2002, 09:49 PM
Doom's shadow is a bit too fake.....The models are not that real due to the low quality rendering......I prefer Halo2's model.....Cuz more textures are on it.....

wweomaniac
08-11-2002, 09:57 PM
lol!! Halo2 will be nothing compared to Doom III's graphics.

let's all be realistic here.

Halo2 is limited to the hardware which is already in XBox. A puny geforce III video card.

Geforce III will probably be the minimum requirements for Doom III.

DOOM III graphics have been talked about for the longest time. They are said to be "futuristic" and "setting a new standard". The graphics in DOOM III will set a new prescedent for gaming graphics.

Once again, Halo 2 will be limited to the GPU inside the XBox.

here's a better pic of doom III...
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/pcnews/080102/doom_screen001.jpg

lllSmokelll
08-11-2002, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac

Halo2 is limited to the hardware which is already in XBox. A puny geforce III video card.

Geforce III will probably be the minimum requirements for Doom III.

DOOM III graphics have been talked about for the longest time. They are said to be "futuristic" and "setting a new standard". The graphics in DOOM III will set a new prescedent for gaming graphics.

Once again, Halo 2 will be limited to the GPU inside the XBox.

here's a better pic of doom III...
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/pcnews/080102/doom_screen001.jpg
dam...it looks real

Sodacider
08-11-2002, 10:02 PM

I wish you knew what you were talking about.

Geforce III? NV2A GPU.

The Halo screenshots we've seen so far have that quality of graphics too.

Sorry man but I've got a top of the line computer runnin with both a Geforce 4 TI and an ATI Radeon 8500 (which I run my Xbox off of) and I just don't see Halo 2's graphics being beat by anything on my computer--- yet.

cityson
08-11-2002, 10:05 PM
Definitely the most realistic pic. I've ever seen~! OK, now back to the topic....Doom III does require a high-end video card, but did you ever think of the price of those cards???? They are like 400-600 bucks! Not many ppl can afford the cards, so the graphics in most ppl's computers will be alot worst than that pic.....Obviously, that Doom III pic is from an Ati Radeon 9700 video card....No wonder it looks SOOOOOOO good. Again, I am sure those GeForce 2 graphic cards' pics will loook alot worst than Xbox's....(Which is the most common card ppl use.)

Sodacider
08-11-2002, 10:05 PM
I should add to this, nothing has yet touched Halo 1's graphics on the computer, not America's Army, not Soldier of Fortune 2, certainly not Neverwinter Nights or Warcraft III (all great games).

So why do you think Doom III is prepped to beat a game that's got near 6 years behind it (adding in the developing time of the engine for Halo 1)?

cityson
08-11-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Sodacider
[B]I should add to this, nothing has yet touched Halo 1's graphics on the computer, not America's Army, not Soldier of Fortune 2, certainly not Neverwinter Nights or Warcraft IIIB]

Lol, that makes me proud of owning Halo.

Sodacider
08-11-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by cityson
Definitely the most realistic pic. I've ever seen~! OK, now back to the topic....Doom III does require a high-end video card, but did you ever think of the price of those cards???? They are like 400-600 bucks! Not many ppl can afford the cards, so the graphics in most ppl's computers will be alot worst than that pic.....Obviously, that Doom III pic is from an Ati Radeon 9700 video card....No wonder it looks SOOOOOOO good. Again, I am sure those GeForce 2 graphic cards' pics will loook alot worst than Xbox's....(Which is the most common card ppl use.)

Yes and this brings another thing about computer games- They are developed around the most common graphics cards, not the newest and best. That's just economics.

Thats why the games I listed on the previous post aren't nearly as good as Halo 1 despite the fact I'm runnin a top line computer.

Sodacider
08-11-2002, 10:07 PM

Lol, that makes me proud of owning Halo.

hell yes.

JADE8704
08-11-2002, 10:10 PM
wweomaniac...that screen you posted was of the Quakecom theater...its not actual in-game graphics...thats real life! if you don't believe me, go to IGN.com and go to the PC games section...that pic and another pic outside of the Quakecom theatre can be found on DOOM3's screenshot page...its not the game's graphics

JADE8704
08-11-2002, 10:11 PM
might i add that the quakecom theatre is where they played most of the trailers for doom 3....

wweomaniac
08-11-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by JADE8704
might i add that the quakecom theatre is where they played most of the trailers for doom 3.... damn. lemme find some more.

wweomaniac
08-11-2002, 10:25 PM
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/pcnews/073002/doom_screen002.jpg

xbox can't handle this type of bump mapping.

lllSmokelll
08-11-2002, 10:35 PM
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2002/pcnews/073002/doom_screen002.jpg

xbox can't handle this type of bump mapping.
whats with his neck!!??

cityson
08-11-2002, 10:35 PM
Of course Xbox can make that kind of bumpmapping...Lol Goldberg! Just look at the neck of that zombie.....It's like cut and paste....They don't even connect together.

JADE8704
08-11-2002, 10:36 PM
so far...we still haven't seen a game that FULLY utilizes all of the xbox's capabilities...and w/ the halo 2 screenshots, it's safe to say we're getting closer and closer as to showing off exactly what the xbox can do...its even better than some pc games i own today! :confused:

cityson
08-11-2002, 10:37 PM
Exactly, Halo2 is not even using Xbox's full potential....

Sodacider
08-11-2002, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by JADE8704
so far...we still haven't seen a game that FULLY utilizes all of the xbox's capabilities...and w/ the halo 2 screenshots, it's safe to say we're getting closer and closer as to showing off exactly what the xbox can do...its even better than some pc games i own today! :confused:

if you got PC games that run even as nice as HALO I'd love to know what they are...

wweomaniac
08-11-2002, 10:44 PM
I hate this b.s regarding "Xboxs full potential".

XBox's full potential is nothing. A geforce 3 is alrady outdated and that's all XBox really is.

If you were to benchmark the GPU inside the XBox with R300, NV**, Radeon 9700, or any card that will be made for DOOM III, then you would realize how crappy GPU in xbox is in relation with those cards.

Stifler
08-11-2002, 10:45 PM
Here's a few more Impressive Doom III shots.

http://www.gamespress.com/showfile.asp?a=full&i=4790&r=399&f=shot0203%2Ejpg

http://www.gamespress.com/showfile.asp?a=full&i=4790&r=204&f=shot0152%2Ejpg

http://www.gamespress.com/showfile.asp?a=full&i=4790&r=475&f=fatty%2Ejpg

http://www.gamespress.com/showfile.asp?a=full&i=4790&r=847&f=shot0144%2Ejpg

-Stifler

lllSmokelll
08-11-2002, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Stifler
Here's a few more Impressive Doom III shots.

http://www.gamespress.com/showfile.asp?a=full&i=4790&r=399&f=shot0203%2Ejpg

http://www.gamespress.com/showfile.asp?a=full&i=4790&r=204&f=shot0152%2Ejpg

http://www.gamespress.com/showfile.asp?a=full&i=4790&r=475&f=fatty%2Ejpg

http://www.gamespress.com/showfile.asp?a=full&i=4790&r=847&f=shot0144%2Ejpg

-Stifler
it says you need to log in!

Sodacider
08-11-2002, 11:11 PM
I hate this b.s regarding "Xboxs full potential".

XBox's full potential is nothing. A geforce 3 is alrady outdated and that's all XBox really is.

If you were to benchmark the GPU inside the XBox with R300, NV**, Radeon 9700, or any card that will be made for DOOM III, then you would realize how crappy GPU in xbox is in relation with those cards.

NV2A GPU you moron, go look at NVidia's site or something before you keep posting it's a Geforce 3

--

And get this- get this dude- DirectX 8. Maybe you didn't read my post at all, but you clearly don't know what limits graphics. A good engine will be efficient with any card, but no effects can exist if they aren't supported by DirectX. Thus we have to presume that Halo 2 and Doom III can have equal effects, but Doom III cannot have more than Halo 2 if both develop to full possible effect.

Toonz
08-11-2002, 11:13 PM
Its like comparing apples and oranges guys. PC games have to be made to be played on variety of systems making them very ineffecient. Console games all have the same hardware so the limits can really be pushed and utilized to there fullest "when done properly".

Case in point........If you have a PC that specs the same as the Xbox do you think you could get HALO to look as good and run as smooth ? Chances are no. I'll bet this will be proven when the PC version comes out. It'll probably take a real decent PC to achieve the same quality. In fact take the best looking game on any console and try to imagine it running on a PC spec'd the same. In the majority of cases not bloody likely

I'll place my vote on Doom3 looking way better however if you have the Monster PC to push that game to its limit. I won't be all that surprized though if HALO 2 is as good or better. It may be possible IMO.

Stifler
08-11-2002, 11:15 PM
Sorry about that, these should work:

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/doom32.jpg

http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/doom31.jpg

-Stifler

hook-worm J
08-11-2002, 11:45 PM
Look, they could write a game like Kabuki Warriors to stutter and slowdown on Xbox, yet it wouldn't be taking advantage of its powers at all! So it does matter how the game is writen and coded. And supposedly Halo 2 is going to squeeze almost every drop of graphical power from the Xbox.

With that said, I still do not think that Halo 2 will be as graphically advanced as Doom III.

LynxFX
08-12-2002, 12:18 AM
Last I heard Carmack was looking to add DX9 support which debuts this fall. If anything can be said about him is that he will always put the bleeding edge into his game engines. That bleeding edge can only exist on the PC platform. That is just a fact and the main difference between PC's and Consoles.

Halo 2 is no doubt going to be graphically incredible on the Xbox but it will be passed by games developed on the Doom III engine.

As for the specs between a pc and the xbox those points are mute. No one is trying to build a pc that matches the xbox in specs and price. It is impossible. If we are going to compare the games it should be with the best of both. Xbox (static) vs top of the line pc (which changes every month).

Integra Man
08-12-2002, 12:21 AM
THOSE ARE AMAZING PICTURES
======================

whens doom coming out anyways

cityson
08-12-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Integra Man
THOSE ARE AMAZING PICTURES
======================

whens doom coming out anyways

Of course they are amazing....Those are CG artworks....AKA. Pre-Rendered pics.....The actually in-game graphics will be A LOT worst....Trust me.

Sodacider
08-12-2002, 12:52 AM

Of course they are amazing....Those are CG artworks....AKA. Pre-Rendered pics.....The actually in-game graphics will be A LOT worst....Trust me.

yes ****ing yes

And is it just me or do even ****in flood look better than those monsters...

Reclaimer
08-12-2002, 01:03 AM
I hate to admit it but the pictures from doom, they look nice.
But they don't seem real. It's weird to explain. The pictures shown don't convince me that those could be real. See what I'm trying to say? The Halo2 shot with MC with his back to a wall holding a rifle, that looks like that could actually be happening right next to me. See what I mean? I judge games by how much do they look realistic to real life, as opposed to hardware pushing. I'm looking at the doom monster standing over the body in the bathroom. It just screams"drawn" I honestly think that the Halo2 shots are much better. More convincing to me.

SuprVgeta
08-12-2002, 01:57 AM
On those first two pictures, I give the edge to Halo 2. But maybe it's because Halo's pic is of the Master Chief, and Doom III's is of two jabronis. But the reflections on the MC look amazing.:cool:

JADE8704
08-12-2002, 08:50 AM
whoa...didn't mean to cause such a clutter fellas..my bad..i was just lookin to see if halo 2 was comparable to doom 3, thats all...if halo 2 caused this much of a comotion being compared to doom 3, that says alot about our beloved xbox! :)

Whisper
08-12-2002, 01:38 PM
the doom one is in game.. the halo one is a movie... halo isnt going to be 3rd person , you nuts?

ShannonX
08-12-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by wwfraven2k
the doom one is in game.. the halo one is a movie... halo isnt going to be 3rd person , you nuts?

obviously, you haven't read the reviews and the WORDS out of bungies OWN mouth (this is to everybody who argues that the shots are prerendered). The Halo 2 shots were IN-ENGINE. It was not prerendered, period.

Dont forget that the creators of games have special tools that let them freeze the game and move the camera to whatever location they please to check whatever they want to. They can do things that we will never be able to do with a retail version of the game.

So those halo 2 shots are in game shots, not a movie. Go find the reviews and read them.

I'm getting tired of the bickering and have half a mind to close any new threads regarding halo 2. Theres plenty of them you can post in, dont start new ones.

Snoopy7548
08-12-2002, 02:48 PM
halo 2 will look really good, but not as good as doom 3. it will be close though. john carmack said that doom 3 could be ported to the xbox, but they would have to make SOME sacrifices. now, bungie has said NOTHING about making sacrifices when it comes to halo's graphics. so, judging from that, doom 3 is more graphically advanced, and it would look better.

Dre
08-12-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
halo 2 will look really good, but not as good as doom 3. it will be close though. john carmack said that doom 3 could be ported to the xbox, but they would have to make SOME sacrifices. now, bungie has said NOTHING about making sacrifices when it comes to halo's graphics. so, judging from that, doom 3 is more graphically advanced, and it would look better.

Obviously Bungie won't be making sacrifices seeing as how their main platform is Xbox.

I think the biggest thing going against Halo 2 when comparing it to Doom 3 will be resolution. The Xbox doesn't have the power to churn out those graphics at very high resolution. Now, I know that this sort of thing can be kludged by using different tricks and hacks, but Xbox just can't hit the resolution AND framerates that a PC will be able to when these games come out.

For now, I'm happily looking forward to upcoming titles like Brute Force that will demonstrate a whole new level in Xbox graphics.

ShannonX
08-12-2002, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Dre

Obviously Bungie won't be making sacrifices seeing as how their main platform is Xbox.

I think the biggest thing going against Halo 2 when comparing it to Doom 3 will be resolution. The Xbox doesn't have the power to churn out those graphics at very high resolution. Now, I know that this sort of thing can be kludged by using different tricks and hacks, but Xbox just can't hit the resolution AND framerates that a PC will be able to when these games come out.

For now, I'm happily looking forward to upcoming titles like Brute Force that will demonstrate a whole new level in Xbox graphics.

exactly... we have a huge selection of game titles coming out in the next 3 - 4 months that will be absolutely incredible graphics wise and game-play wise. Brute force and Unreal to name a few.

DOOM
08-12-2002, 09:39 PM
DOOM III Has It!!!
http://www.doom3.dk/screenshots/ss18.jpg
http://www.doom3.dk/screenshots/ss2.jpg
http://www.doom3.dk/screenshots/ss29.jpg
http://www.doom3.dk/screenshots/ss14.jpg
http://www.doom3.dk/screenshots/ss4.jpg
http://www.doom3.dk/screenshots/ss3.jpg
http://www.doom3.dk/screenshots/ss28.jpg
http://www.doom3.dk/screenshots/ss17.jpg

SlightlySycho
08-12-2002, 09:54 PM
Honestly? With the exception of the Demon in pictures three and seven, I really don't think those screens are that much better detailed than the original Halo. Turn your flashlight on the next time you fight the flood. They're easilly just as detailed as those zombies (especially the Marine Flood).

DOOM
08-12-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by SlightlySycho
Honestly? I really don't think those screens are that much better detailed than the original Halo. Turn your flashlight on the next time you fight the flood. They're easilly just as detailed as those zombies (especially the Marine Flood). :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LynxFX
08-13-2002, 12:04 AM
I was waiting for you to show up DOOM. :)

DOOM
08-13-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I was waiting for you to show up DOOM. :)
;) :D ;)

Tinny
08-13-2002, 07:58 AM
I prefer the Halo 2 pics over the Doom III. I must admit, graphically, Doom III is surpassing the Halo 2 screenshots but I still prefer the Halo 2 pics. Why? Reclaimer said something that I agree with.

Take a casual look at the Halo 2 pic. Then a casual look at the Doom III pic. As much as the Doom III pics look like excellent CG, you still know it's CG. You still know it's graphics even if it looks like graphics movies should have. Still graphics. However, a casual glance at that Halo 2 pic in the first page of this topic and you would have just thought it was a guy in a suit. Honestly, thats what I thought straight away when I first glanced at that pic. A second later I knew it was graphics but for that second I was seriously fooled. Now. No game has actually done that to me. I mean I can even tell if it's CG when it comes to FMV sequences of the likes of FFVIII and Quake III. But that particular Halo shot fooled me for atleast a second. No offense to Doom III fans (which I am also one) but... Halo 2 will certainly be a game to be proud of if those pics are any indicators of what it looks like.

OppiumNitrates
08-13-2002, 11:47 AM
simple as that . . . although because of compatability how many people will be playing D3 and have it look better then Halo 2. What i mean is that D3 will require so much that only the hardest or core players will have the right equipment(monitor, Vid card, etc.) to play it and have it look that good, while halo 2 will look the same on all Xbox's give or take the TV its playing on and the type of wire that it's hooked up with

Metroid
08-13-2002, 03:23 PM
Some of those Doom 3 pictures look no different than current PC games. Even if Doom might look better than Halo2, Halo 2 is still better becuase it is running of a pentium 3 733 MHZ on a 64MB Ge3 while Doom was running on a Pentium4 2 GHZ on a 2GB memory system with a ti4600.

Also, the majority of people with PC's won't get Doom 3 to be the same quality as the preview. Halo 2 will look alot better compared to the majority of people playing Doom 3. You would need like a $3,000 PC to get that quality.

Jarvis
08-14-2002, 09:23 AM
I think they are getting pretty comparable, and it's only gonna get better with Halo 2. Bungie really wants to blow us away on this next one I think, considering how nice the pics are already, and that the game isn't even out for over a year.

Can't wait to see how it looks then if it's so nice right now

-jarvis

PS: are those real time reflections in master chiefs goggles ?

OppiumNitrates
08-14-2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Jarvis

PS: are those real time reflections in master chiefs goggles ?
yes real time lighting, shadows, and reflections

-PRYING OPEN MY THIRD EYE
dude i just went to see these guys on Monday and im goin again tomarrow, i think the mondoy show was the best cooncert i ever saw, they played the most amazing set, if your in the NJ/NY area they r playing the medowlands tomarrow u should try to check it out .

Jarvis
08-14-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates

yes real time lighting, shadows, and reflections

dude i just went to see these guys on Monday and im goin again tomarrow, i think the mondoy show was the best cooncert i ever saw, they played the most amazing set, if your in the NJ/NY area they r playing the medowlands tomarrow u should try to check it out .

Tool has been my favorite band for years now, I really really dig their sht. They are the most original, very skilled (danny and maynard are kings in their fields), and love making fun of the media.

what can't you like about that :)

i'm afraid i'm nowhere near NY, i'm up in sudbury, ontario. never been to a live show but i'd love to go, i hear they put on the craziest shows

-jarvis

Dre
08-14-2002, 02:52 PM

Tool has been my favorite band for years now, I really really dig their sht. They are the most original, very skilled (danny and maynard are kings in their fields), and love making fun of the media.

what can't you like about that :)

i'm afraid i'm nowhere near NY, i'm up in sudbury, ontario. never been to a live show but i'd love to go, i hear they put on the craziest shows

-jarvis

take a roadtrip down to Ottawa then! They are here on the 24th :)

addict733
08-14-2002, 04:32 PM
LISTEN UP ALL D.CKS, that includes anyone who thinks halo 2 will be better then doom 3. HALO 2 = Sh.t compared to doom 3. they arent CG you dumbasses. if you wanna argue that, ill argue that halo 2's graphix are CG. EVEN THOUGH I KNOW THEY ARENT. thats DOOM 3's real graphix. Xbox = ****, it has NO potential. i wanna see it render *unreal TOURNY* as well as it does on the computer.......you know what, IT CANT. EVERYONE here should know that computers are better then consoles. 128 mb graphics cards vs 64. himm 128 please. 2.53 ghz processers vs. 733 "whats a gigahert??". himm 2.53 please. if you have a 733 mhz computer. GET A NEW ONE. most games are designed for 1 ghz computers now. just tweek the settings.

1. HALO slows down. go up to a dead covie and whack him 5 times till his blood is everywhere. yea you get about 20 fps.

2. with co-op there are slow downs.

3. yes halo 2 will be a hell of a lot better then halo 1. BUT NO MATCH FOR DOOM III. i mean for peets sake ITS DOOM!.

- maybe the story of Halo 2 will be better, maybe itll be funner, but right now in the arguement of graphix, doom 3 wins, Get ur lips off of microsoft's ass.

Snoopy7548
08-14-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by addict733
i wanna see it render *unreal TOURNY* as well as it does on the computer.......you know what, IT CANT. EVERYONE here should know that computers are better then consoles. 128 mb graphics cards vs 64. himm 128 please. 2.53 ghz processers vs. 733 "whats a gigahert??". himm 2.53 please.

yea, unreal tourny really requires that much stuff. i have a 400 mhz computer, with 96 mb of ram, and a voodoo banshee, and unreal tourny runs flawlessly for me. so, the xbox would run it with no problem at all.

addict733
08-14-2002, 07:28 PM
oh sorry i meant unreal tourny 2003, and i never said it required all that stuff, just that computers are better, so Doom 3 (computer) better then Halo 2 (xbox) graphix wise.

Snoopy7548
08-14-2002, 07:32 PM
of course doom 3 is gonna look better than halo 2. doom 3 was running on like the best pc around. and xbox is nowhere near as good as the pc doom 3 was running on.

hook-worm J
08-15-2002, 03:52 AM
Xbox = ****, it has NO potential.

HAHAHAAHAHAHA!!! thats really funny. Those are some strong words though. I think that the Xbox has a lot of potential, its not even a year old yet. Xbox Live isn't even out yet!

And regaurding your PC being better than Xbox. Well yeah... But you have to realize that:

Xbox=$200
high end PC=$1200 +

SoccerCJM77
08-15-2002, 02:00 PM
:) Halo 2 will be the bomb

SoccerCJM77
08-15-2002, 02:01 PM
Go HALO 2 Why don't it come out sooner

addict733
08-15-2002, 03:32 PM
yea, xbox is cheap, which is why i got it, only i got it for 300 dollars. i wanted a new computer, but didnt have the money, so i just went with xbox. but then i saved up, and now i got a new computer too. and if Xbox has potential, why is it taking till 2003 to see it. i see no games i like coming out anytime soon. except for counterstrike, but i got that on the computer. So really, i dont see what the hype is about xbox. yea its good, yea halo is good, yea halo 2 will be good, but why are there only 2 good games?

Tinny
08-15-2002, 03:55 PM
No offense but why the hell did you get the X-Box in the first place? Because it was cheap? Heck, PS2 is cheap, why don't you get that? Oh, BTW, the X-Box does have potential but in order to see it you have to wait a damn long time. This applies to everything in life you know. :)

PS. You only think Halo and Halo 2 and CS are only the good things on the X-Box? I guess you never heard of Project Ego, Unreal Championship, Splinter Cell, Brute Force, BC, Soul Calibur 2 and Moto GP then? Oh... and a tiny bit of detail... X-Box Live.

:rolleyes:

addict733
08-15-2002, 05:30 PM
i dont need Unreal championship, im gonna get unreal 2003, project ego is rpg, Brute force dosnt appeal to me, splinter cell dosnt appeal to me, neither do any on the list. dont think im some uneducated jack-ass. i get OXM everymonth, and i certiantly know my sh.t. Every demo i have played is so-so.

i got xbox becuase of what halo was Supposed to be. i got addicted with the Hype. unfortunitly it didnt live upto the hype. I still think it can do it. i Just havnt seen it yet.

cityson
08-15-2002, 05:57 PM
Xbox has lots of potential cuz....

1) It reads CDs, CDrws, DVDs, and DVDrws as game medias....While PCs read CDs only.....

2) Has 64MB DDR memory with compressed textures +a hard drive.....So there's no limit to storage.....While most PCs use PC133 sdram + a hard drive for storage......A bit slower than Xbox's memory.....

3) 4 controller ports + an ethernet port for massive multi-player support.....While PCs have only a mouse + keyboard for 1 plyr online.......Also, most PCs don't have broadband online support, so Xbox has a better advantage.....

4) Xbox supports Xbox Live! while PCs are still playing chatting type online gaming....

5) With a modchip installed, you can download softwares such as webbrowser or download games and save them into your hard drive.....Yes, PCs can do that but Xbox is cheaper, and you can do the things an expensive PCs can do......

Snoopy7548
08-15-2002, 06:04 PM
oh god you need help.

Xbox has lots of potential cuz....

1) It reads CDs, CDrws, DVDs, and DVDrws as game medias....While PCs read CDs only.....

2) Has 64MB DDR memory with compressed textures +a hard drive.....So there's no limit to storage.....While most PCs use PC133 sdram + a hard drive for storage......A bit slower than Xbox's memory.....

3) 4 controller ports + an ethernet port for massive multi-player support.....While PCs have only a mouse + keyboard for 1 plyr online.......Also, most PCs don't have broadband online support, so Xbox has a better advantage.....

4) Xbox supports Xbox Live! while PCs are still playing chatting type online gaming....

5) With a modchip installed, you can download softwares such as webbrowser or download games and save them into your hard drive.....Yes, PCs can do that but Xbox is cheaper, and you can do the things an expensive PCs can do......

1. pc's read cds only? where the hell have you been? have you ever heard of a dvd drive? because 99% of all pc's now have them. and with a pc, you dont have to mod it to get it to read all cdrw, cdr, dvdr, etc.

2. wow!! a whopping 64mb of ram! give me a break. 64mb is nothing nowadays. compressed textures? thats not so good. when textures are compressed, they lose image quality. thus, producing worse graphics.

3. most pc's dont have broadband support? god, where have you been, living in a cave for the past 4 years? i just wont even explain this to you.

4. have u ever heard of a microphone and a little program called roger wilco? it lets you chat in online pc games.

5. without a modchip installed (in a pc), you can still download games, movies, music, programs, and anything. also, pc's have bigger harddrives, and, theyre upgradeable. the only thing you can upgrade in the xbox is maybe the memory, and the harddrive. in pc's, you can upgrade the whole system.

cityson, you gotta stop acting like such an xbox fanboy. you make the most idiotic posts. i just cant believe how dumb you are. it just amazes me

addict733
08-15-2002, 10:48 PM
nicely said snoopy7548....will you be my friend?

so many people here talk so much sh.t. its rediculus. For 1 second think, "hmm maybe xbox isnt all that great" cuase its not. yea it can be hella fun at times. but it wont do **** compaired to computers.

cityson
08-16-2002, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548
oh god you need help.

1. pc's read cds only? where the hell have you been? have you ever heard of a dvd drive? because 99% of all pc's now have them. and with a pc, you dont have to mod it to get it to read all cdrw, cdr, dvdr, etc.

2. wow!! a whopping 64mb of ram! give me a break. 64mb is nothing nowadays. compressed textures? thats not so good. when textures are compressed, they lose image quality. thus, producing worse graphics.

3. most pc's dont have broadband support? god, where have you been, living in a cave for the past 4 years? i just wont even explain this to you.

4. have u ever heard of a microphone and a little program called roger wilco? it lets you chat in online pc games.

5. without a modchip installed (in a pc), you can still download games, movies, music, programs, and anything. also, pc's have bigger harddrives, and, theyre upgradeable. the only thing you can upgrade in the xbox is maybe the memory, and the harddrive. in pc's, you can upgrade the whole system.

cityson, you gotta stop acting like such an xbox fanboy. you make the most idiotic posts. i just cant believe how dumb you are. it just amazes me

1) Go to any game store and see if you find a DVD format PC game....:rolleyes:

2) Does every computer have DDR memory? All I know is all Xboxes have DDR memory, but not all PCs....:rolleyes:

3) Does every computer have broadband support? All I know is all Xboxes have intergrated ethernet, but not all PCs....:rolleyes:

4) Does every computer have microphone? All I know is all Xboxes have Xbox Live!, but not all PCs....:rolleyes:

5) I am not talkin' about upgrading....I was just sayin' with a modchip, you can do anything a PC can do, with a price of an Xbox.......:rolleyes:

A note for addict733: If you cannot give any idea, just stay dumb for a while. All you do is give a bunch of crap and think someone's opinion is stupid....If you think my opinion is stupid, why don't you smart a$$ correct me, instead of giving out craps.....:rolleyes:

Tinny
08-16-2002, 06:53 AM
yea it can be hella fun at times. but it wont do **** compaired to computers.

Well thats obvious. :rolleyes: Ever needing upgrade Personal Computer vs fixed spec Console. Hmm, still the Box still rivals top range PCs, and that says something. But yes, PCs will ultimately be better then the Box because simply because you can upgrade. Still I rather have my Box since it is cheaper then £1000 PC. Ofcourse I would change my mind if one of you guys offer me the money... no? Thought not.

PS. X-Box vs PC now is it?

addict733, I am pretty much guessing you just like FPSs. Why don't you try out other genres? Why such a narrow band of games? I personally prefer RTSs and FPSs but also love RPGs and Action type games. Perhaps if you try different types of games out instead of the PC ruled FPSs you might enjoy consoles. Oh and I don't think you are "uneducated" because you don't know anything about the Box. I think you are an "uneducated jack-ass" because you keep using unsuitable (and distasteful) language on these forums. If you can keep the profanity down, then maybe people will start really listening to you, but right now, you are just one frantic guy trying to make his opinions fact.

cityson
08-16-2002, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Tinny
Still I rather have my Box since it is cheaper then £1000 PC.

That's the point I was tryin' to say earlier and thank you Tinny for pointed it out again! :) Tinny is the coolest gamer I've ever seen. Tinny debates well and made most of the fanboys shut up!!! ;)

hook-worm J
08-16-2002, 02:03 PM
but it wont do **** compaired to computers.

Yes, thats correct, it wont match the new computers these days. But the xbox isn't a computer and isn't trying to be one! Consoles are for games, plain and simple. Wait until Halo comes out for the PC, I bet it'll take a lot more than a 733 mhz pc to run it. And A LOT more than 64 megs of RAM also...

addict733
08-16-2002, 03:55 PM
sorry for profanity. tell me what i need to give you an opinion on, ill give it. i dont know what the crap was, but oh well. i like rts games. i like *some*rpg games. i like action games. i like adventure games. None of the xbox games in these genres appeal to me. im sorry. and Yes all pcs do have microphone, if u pay 5 bux. And if Halo needs more then 750 megahertz 64 "ddr" ram, then im sure itll look better too. And if your mad at me for Bringing in that Computers can do better things, and are faster, all that stuff, DONT COMPARE A CONSOLE GAME TO A PC GAME.

Supperdog
08-16-2002, 05:48 PM

2) Does every computer have DDR memory? All I know is all Xboxes have DDR memory, but not all PCs....:rolleyes:

3) Does every computer have broadband support? All I know is all Xboxes have intergrated ethernet, but not all PCs....:rolleyes:

4) Does every computer have microphone? All I know is all Xboxes have Xbox Live!, but not all PCs....:rolleyes:

5) I am not talkin' about upgrading....I was just sayin' with a modchip, you can do anything a PC can do, with a price of an Xbox.......:rolleyes:

A note for addict733: If you cannot give any idea, just stay dumb for a while. All you do is give a bunch of crap and think someone's opinion is stupid....If you think my opinion is stupid, why don't you smart a$$ correct me, instead of giving out craps.....:rolleyes:

cityson go here http://www.interplay.com/games/print.asp?gameid=56

p.s. nothing on earth can touch doom 3. period.

SoccerCJM77
08-16-2002, 07:17 PM
:eek: Hey your right

LynxFX
08-17-2002, 01:42 AM
I was going to leave this thread well enough alone but I saw this complete idiotic post and just had to chime in again, and I know I'm not the first as others have already pointed out your idiocy.

When every game out there fits on a cd or two there is no point in putting it on DVD. How much space do you actually think is being used on most Xbox game DVDs? Give you a hint. It can fit on a media that was invented in the late 60's becoming common product in the early 80's.

All of mine do, that is all that matters.

Pretty much every computer being sold does, and if not well $10 puts a network card in your computer.

This is so absurd that I can barely respond. Are you seriously saying that a microphone ($3) that has been included in every pc sold since the 80's is a comparison point, especially when you have to purchase the microphone seperately for the Xbox?!? LOL come on man give it up. And actually, you have to purchase a subscription to Live seperately, so NO not all Xboxes have Live.

Uh yeah, keep dreaming pal.

Shadow20002
08-18-2002, 05:20 PM
Well, all debate seems to be very enrage in this forum. In my opinion, every console cannot compare to PC. Computers are the first in line to have the potential uppgradable with the latest technology available in the world. So even you have the most powerful console like Xbox but this one still in second place when it's talk to graphics, texture, engine, etc.. But there are advantages to buy a console.

1) First of all, there are *exclusively* titles that only release in console, so if you want to play, you must buy the console.

2) When compagnies release a new titles that you want to play, you are 100% sure you can play these ones with no need the latest memory, video cards or speed of PC (Mhz), just the console.

3) A console will survive a least 5 years, but a PC only 2 years in my opinion after you need to up-to-date it (300$ and up) .

PC are the good one to choose if you want to work with it but when it's relate to game, console are the best way.

xbox_elf
08-18-2002, 07:18 PM
you know that that halo2 "screenshot" is probably a full motion video picture in the game and that the game's graphics might not be as good as the picture,and right now i SERIOUSLY dought that halo2's graphics are better than doom3's.but then again i could be wrong...

SlightlySycho
08-18-2002, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by xbox_elf
you know that that halo2 "screenshot" is probably a full motion video picture in the game and that the game's graphics might not be as good as the picture,and right now i SERIOUSLY dought that halo2's graphics are better than doom3's.but then again i could be wrong... By full motion video you mean a CG movie, right? Well, it's not! I'm pretty sure the article says that the screens are footage taken from the game engine, meaning it's all images the game came render during play.

And may that be the end of the CG rumors.:rolleyes:

xbox_elf
08-18-2002, 09:25 PM
ohhh,so that means that halo2 is a third-person shooter?sounds pretty cool.

SlightlySycho
08-18-2002, 09:59 PM
No, it's not going to be third person, either. Those screens are like the cut scenes from the original Halo. Remember?

xbox_elf
08-18-2002, 10:21 PM
umm...yeah,the one on this page is,not the first page which is the one i'm talking about.

SoccerCJM77
08-19-2002, 11:02 AM
:eek: :cool: I am sure Doom 3 is a good game but I never played it, but Halo is a great game.

GAMES I OWN

Halo
Amped
Gauntlet
Crazy Taxi 3

NaStY_LoUiE
08-20-2002, 11:58 PM
if u think PC's r better for games u have to be joking, would u rather sit up at a desk and use a mouse and keyboard rather than lying down on a bed or couch using a contoller, playing split screen with another person at ur house or playing over the net by urself, and if u have a PC u've always gotta get all this new s**t like MOD's and graphic cards and all installing s**t and all that. if u like playing games and games only get an XBOX because there the easiest and best ways to go about it, espescially scince XBOX LIVE!!!

addict733
08-21-2002, 05:17 PM
....................................bwahahahahha

DOOM
08-22-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by XBOXMIKE
halo2 is all the way better than doom
Drugs Are Bad For you Young Man!;)

LynxFX
08-22-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by XBOXMIKE
halo2 is all the way better than doom but not by alot well yea becuzz it only been month's since production started.thats just insane!:eek:

Yeah right, they probably started before the Xbox hit the streets last November.