PDA

View Full Version : Halo saving, something I noticed.

hook-worm J
08-11-2002, 09:12 PM
I just noticed something... even though I beat the game, when I select that profile and go to the levels, under "the maw" it still says I have a game in progress on this level. Why does it still say that even though I beat it?

And I just beat the game again on heroic, and I haven't turned it off since I finished the last level, after I watched the cinematics and it goes back to the main screen. did it save automaticly? or do I need to go into the game and save it? I've beaten it twice before but I forget what I did.

Reclaimer
08-11-2002, 09:51 PM
It's going to say you have a game in progress anyway.
Mine does that. Weird.
I've beat the game countless times and different difficulties and stills says that.

hook-worm J
08-11-2002, 10:04 PM
hmmm, so if i want to beat it on legendary now, do i have to make a new profile? Or can I just play the maw on the current profile on legendary, scince it starts me at the beginning of the level now, and it will give me the legendary end cutscene?? Or will i have to play all the levels in the current profile over again on legendary to see it?

Reclaimer
08-12-2002, 12:50 AM
You could actually play the game in easy all the way up to the maw. Die, quit, restart all the way at the level selection screen, pick the Maw, pick Legendary. and get the alternate ending. Does this work on solo play, I do not know. It does on Co-Op though because I just did this with my wife playing as my partner.

cityson
08-12-2002, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by Reclaimer 343
You could actually play the game in easy all the way up to the maw. Die, quit, restart all the way at the level selection screen, pick the Maw, pick Legendary. and get the alternate ending. Does this work on solo play, I do not know. It does on Co-Op though because I just did this with my wife playing as my partner.

What's the alternate ending???? I've played Legendary with my friend and beated Maw.....We only seen an ending where an Elite and a Marine fight for a gun....Then they hugged....Is that the alternate ending???

Snapple
08-12-2002, 10:15 AM
it says the maw cause thats the last level and you beat it so it wont change same with the dfficulty if you beat it on leagendary it will say l. cause thats the highest diffficulty:confused:

btw:sorry if it doesnt make since:o

Snoopy7548
08-12-2002, 10:15 AM
yea, thats the only thing thats different between the regular and legendary ending

cityson
08-12-2002, 10:33 AM
Hope Halo2 will have 10 alternative endings@!!!!

OppiumNitrates
08-12-2002, 11:06 AM
the whole save thing is because when u get o the last check point it saves there adn when u beat the game it dosent save again it just adds the Legendary(or normal or heroic depending on which setting u play) icon to "The Maw" so when u go to pick "The Maw" again the last save was on the last check point . . . . i think it is cool thoguh cauz u can beat it and then take the Warthog through the end again and try to beat your time . . . i love the Hog race at the end my fav part of the game and foing that really got my hog driving skills up . . . . . i love driving the hog and i kick ass at it especially in Flag runs on BG or the winder

cityson
08-12-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
i love driving the hog and i kick ass at it especially in Flag runs on BG or the winder

No your not....:rolleyes: A tank can WIPE out your punny A$$.....

hook-worm J
08-12-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by OppiumNitrates
the whole save thing is because when u get o the last check point it saves there adn when u beat the game it dosent save again it just adds the Legendary(or normal or heroic depending on which setting u play) icon to "The Maw" so when u go to pick "The Maw" again the last save was on the last check point . . . . i think it is cool thoguh cauz u can beat it and then take the Warthog through the end again and try to beat your time . . . i love the Hog race at the end my fav part of the game and foing that really got my hog driving skills up . . . . . i love driving the hog and i kick ass at it especially in Flag runs on BG or the winder

umm, i went to it again, and it started me at the beginning of the level...... I wish it would have saved at the last checkpoint.....

E Nomini Patri
08-12-2002, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by hook-worm J

umm, i went to it again, and it started me at the beginning of the level...... I wish it would have saved at the last checkpoint.....

That's because that was the last checkpoint you saved and quit at.

OppiumNitrates
08-13-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by cityson

No your not....:rolleyes: A tank can WIPE out your punny A$$.....

LoL sure sh.tyson, but unless there was like 5v5 i wouldn't put all the vichles on cauz only a n00b like u would set up such a stupid game . .. . and whos to say my teammates didnt take both tanks :rolleyes: :rolleyes: dam dude u must play with some sucky ass competition.

redrum237
08-28-2002, 01:34 AM
Dude cityson, in your sig you can see MasterCheifs face, and he looks mighty angry.

:cool: