PDA

View Full Version : Problem With My Controller

Calve
08-11-2002, 09:50 PM
I've recently been having a problem with my Xbox controller. Heres the problem: While using the left thumbstick, if you push back then forward again, the controller will think im pressing the left trigger.... for example if i push back then forward while playing halo, it will throw a grenade when my finger wasnt even touchin the left trigger! and i tried it with multiple games so its my controller... anyone have any ideas on how to fix it or something??? BTW its an official Xbox controller!

any help will be appreciated...

THX

lllSmokelll
08-11-2002, 09:54 PM
hmm thats wierd....

Integra Man
08-12-2002, 12:20 AM
is it ur controller options and what u set it. try putting it in default.

Calve
08-12-2002, 12:07 PM
its not my controls! i tried it on three games and the same thing happened on every game, so it couldn't be the options! i wish it was :(

Casper
08-12-2002, 12:09 PM
Have you tried removing it and plugging it back in? Also, the breakaway connection could be loose. Another possibility is that when you start your Xbox, the analog stick maybe held down a lil bit, causing it not to center. Just some ideas.

Good luck :)

OppiumNitrates
08-12-2002, 12:17 PM
interesting i know i read this somewhere here before, someone else had this problem

*to the search button*

Calve
08-12-2002, 08:53 PM
alright, thanx for the tips casper ill try it out...

and oppium, i tried it and i didnt find an answer... so shut up u caker

Calve
08-12-2002, 09:00 PM
i know man! i dont have broadband where i live :( and the guy that i always play halo online with is in Portugal right now... ill probly be on next week or so...:)

MerimacHamwich
08-12-2002, 10:02 PM
Being excessively rough with controllers tends to mess them up. It can even lead to permanent damage (broken).