PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my generic controller

Sodacider
08-11-2002, 09:59 PM
I have a problem with my generic... Mad Catz controller that is for fourth player. (yes, everyone has a nice controller except for fourth player who also gets the sorry end in every game- 4th player has to be pink on Halo, 4th player has to be a chick on Gauntlet (which sucks) and 4th player has to be *** El Suave on Outlaw Golf)

Problem is the left thumbstick popped out of place and now moves wildly. It's ok for Halo since you can use the crosspad beneath , but other games it don't work for.

The obvious solution would be to unscrew the controller and bleah bleah bleah, but that don't work because for some reason the chip is glued to the top half of the controller, not the bottom half like the official controllers.

Any suggestions? I bought this nov 15 (maybe a month later for this specific controller) last year so highly unlikely that I could return it...

lllSmokelll
08-11-2002, 10:01 PM
i have a mad catz that thing sucks...all the buttons stick....its bullsh**

Sodacider
08-11-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Goldberg
i have a mad catz that thing sucks...all the buttons stick....its bullsh**

yes but as long as your not the one using it it's bearable...;)

Professor Kaos
08-12-2002, 10:07 AM
i had a madcatz and i liked it more then then the normal xbox ones, i think it was just that teh rubber grips let me hold the control better when my palms got sweaty. but one day playin halo on legendary i thought i got past a checkpoint and was playin for 2 hours, died while fightin some hunters and i had to start the level all over, i thew the controler down as hard as i could and the grip broke in half, oops! oh well i went and bought a controler s

laters

Snoopy7548
08-12-2002, 10:12 AM
i never bought any of those 3rd party controllers. i always bought the regular ones (i had 4 regular n64 controllers, lol). but one of my xbox controllers is messed up. the a button is weird. if you tap it, nothing happens. like you have to press it pretty hard to get it to work

Snapple
08-12-2002, 10:29 AM
why not just buy the official controllers there so much better and dont slam the controller (i dont:) )

btw:my brother skammed the **** out of his ps1 controller so now he has to use mine:confused: and so were much careful with the xbox cause i want it to last:) (i get made at games to and i bang my fist on the hard part of the couch and when im done playing my hand is sore and red:o :(

Zion
08-12-2002, 11:07 AM
It's pretty much common knowledge that all the 3rd party controllers are junk....ESPECIALLY the Mad Catz. Stick with the Microsoft brand...I mean they are $25. Why not get the real thing?

Adema
08-12-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Playya
i had a madcatz and i liked it more then then the normal xbox ones, i think it was just that teh rubber grips let me hold the control better when my palms got sweaty. but one day playin halo on legendary i thought i got past a checkpoint and was playin for 2 hours, died while fightin some hunters and i had to start the level all over, i thew the controler down as hard as i could and the grip broke in half, oops! oh well i went and bought a controler s

laters

Halo saves at several checkpoints throughout each level if you died you would just have to start at the last checkpoint. It looks like you broke a controller for maybe ten extra minutes of gameplay.

NonFanboy
08-13-2002, 01:03 AM
3rd party controllers have always sucked, and will continue to suck. But I can see why you would buy them though, $40 for a controller is a ripoff. Unfortunetly we will have to put up with that for the time being.

ride
08-13-2002, 12:38 PM
try calling madcatz and see if they'll send you a replacement (that'll be as much a P.O.S. as the first one, but at least you'll get to play for a while)

I have had nothing but problems with MadCatz, but I did get 'em to send me a replacment for each one (8 total, I know, I know I found 'em on sale for 15 bucks, & I figured that 15 bucks for about 2weeks of play was worth it)

But try it Madcatz DOES SEEM TO have a killer replacement policy.

Tkf5000
08-13-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by xboxfan38
i get made at games to and i bang my fist on the hard part of the couch and when im done playing my hand is sore and red:o :( lol i thougt i was the only person to do that. i do that to. and if my xbox is hooked up in my room sometimes i hit my closet door and that really hurts after a while.

i have the madcatz controller too. the triggers always locked up. finally one broke so i took it apart and fixed it so u could still sue the R buton but u hadda stick ur hand in the controller. then that broke. now my friends gotta play halo and shoot with the L button. and the madcatz co troller locks up when u hit the macro button. and after u play for so long the light just comes on and freezes up and u gotta get up and unplug the controller and plug it back in. i also have the trick controller. its more responsive than the madcatz, has more buttons, and a better combo system. and it cheaper. but the contolelr is kinda small and the buttons are small. overall out of my 2 i say the trick is way better. anyone buying contollers dont buy the mmadcatz one. just fork out a ouple more dollars or wait until a sale.

Zion
08-13-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by NonFanboy
3rd party controllers have always sucked, and will continue to suck. But I can see why you would buy them though, $40 for a controller is a ripoff. Unfortunetly we will have to put up with that for the time being.

No, the official real deal Microsoft controllers are $25.

Tkf5000
08-13-2002, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Zion

No, the official real deal Microsoft controllers are $25.
yea but thats not what the stores sell them for.

Zion
08-13-2002, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Tkf5000

yea but thats not what the stores sell them for.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=50012081&loc=108

yeah, they are $27 now, but they used to be $25. I know because that's where I bought all of mine. Wal Mart sells them for $27 as well.

Tkf5000
08-14-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Zion

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=50012081&loc=108

yeah, they are $27 now, but they used to be $25. I know because that's where I bought all of mine. Wal Mart sells them for $27 as well.
geez. where i live they are 30-35 dollars. if they were 25 i would fork out an extra 5 dolars for the official controler.