PDA

View Full Version : Impressions!

mojo__31
11-02-2001, 09:24 AM
I went and picked up my copy of NFL Fever 2002 last night as it came in already at Funcoland where I reserved my Xbox and 6 games (Halo, NFL Fever, Project Gotham, Mad Dash, Air Force Delta Storm, DOA3). I then stopped at Target and Walmart who had working systems of the big 3 systems. On PS2 they had Star Wars Starfighter, my impression, graphics decent, play was so slow you felt like you were flying in slow motion, not fun at all. On the Gamecube, they had Star Wars Rogue Leader, my impression, sweetness, beautiful graphics and the play was fast and silky smooth, definately the GC's strongest launch title. On the Xbox, they had Munches Oddessy, my impression, great graphics, and a lot of variety of play in the game, not my style of a game, but for what it is, it looked excellent.

b1edjz79
11-02-2001, 09:40 AM
MOJO your cool XBOX FOREVER

mojo__31
11-02-2001, 09:50 AM
............ On a side note, I have read other posters say the same thing, and I have to agree, the game is way to easy, I picked up the controller and played most of the way through the first mission, and never got touched by the Xwings while I dusted dozens of them and dozens of towers. Granted I don't know what the game settings were, and whether there is hardness setting, but for a star wars game and my first time playing it, it should not have been so easy. perhaps the demo is not the same as the game as they want you to be able to fly around awhile and see the gorgeous graphics, maybe the demo makes you invincible? I don't know, anyone else have an idea? There is no doubt though that the GC is a capable system, they will just be lacking a good lineup of more adult titles. The Xbox will kick ass for that reason if none other. I can't wait to see Halo and the other titles.

l Maximus l
11-02-2001, 11:26 AM
Mojo...welcome to the asylum...it's nice to see, yet, another XBox guru. Keep in mind about the Munch demo, it was simply a tiny taste of what that game is about. Admittingly, it's not the type of game I would normally buy, but, from movies and reviews on it, I am certain that I am going to pick it up.

I played the Munch demo and I came to slowly realize that it was really cool...but, it had to grow on me a little bit. You have to admit, there is not a game out there like it! I thought the graphics were great and, again, I understand that the real game will completely blow it away. We didn't even get to see the weather changes, fighting, and a hell of a lot of other things in that demo that are on the real game.

Personallly, in no specific order, I pumped up about Project Gotham Racing, Amped, Halo, NFL Fever 2002, Munch, and DOA3...and to think that all of these are launch games! D a m n!!! I'm excited to what is to come, too!

-Max

scarecrow kfj
11-02-2001, 11:48 AM
Munch seems like a tv show... the more you watch/play the more you get to know the characters. As far as the game goes I havnt had the chance to play it yet but it looks like it could be funny once you start playing and get to know the characters a bit.

mojo__31
11-02-2001, 11:53 AM
I think Munch looks really cool, I just am not into those type of games. I consider it a game like Mario 64, which I have had forever and only played about a 3rd of it, but granted Munch is alot cooler. With so many other good games though, I am gonna pass on Munch for now, I have the 6 games coming I listed in my first post that will keep me more than busy. :)

l Maximus l
11-02-2001, 01:08 PM
You know, the first impression I got about the XBox was that I was simply blown away. The very first thing I saw was a Project Gotham Movie that was found on XBox.com's website. Talk about good first impressions! I couldn't believe those were graphics!

-Max