PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Lee

LoverBaby_2000
08-12-2002, 12:43 PM
BRUCE LEE: Quest of the Dragon Overall: 5.5/10 xboxes

This game isn't exactly a "brand new release" but Blockbuster still has it listed as one so that is fine for me. I had rented the game for 6 days (two 3 night rentals) in anticipation that the game would live up to what it had been layed out to be. After playing this game I can honestly say that it was highly overrated. I feel that even though I spent my hard earned dollars on just a rental, It would have been better suited to feed me dinner at McDonalds.

The sometimes awkward and confusing camera angles made for some hard battles. 99.9% of the time my death was caused by the unability to see my oponent or turn around because I was caught on something that was not visible from that particular angle.

I also found the fact of you having to buy most of your moves was complicated. I don't mind a car game where you have to upgrade parts, that's part of the fun, but when I am playing I like to not have an unfair disadvantage against opponents with an ability to only punch and kick.

Here is a list of the good and bad things about the game:

BRUCE LEE: QUEST OF THE DRAGON
---------------------------------------------

GOOD: BAD:

-It's a karate game -You have to buy your moves

-Scenes have high detail -Not much interactivity with
scenes

-Nunachucks -If Bruce Lee had so many
people to fight, wouldn't he
always use them?

-The choice between having -Limiting camera angles
an auto lock on your opponents
or the choice to do it manually

-Fun when you get all the moves -sometimes hard to press all
the combo buttons fast enough
to do a combo

-that's about all except for the -there's a few more things I
great replication of Bruce Lee could list, but I think you get
my drift

If you need any more GOOD or BAD reasons for BRUCE LEE:QUEST FOR THE DRAGON ID BE HAPPY TO GIVE THEM...

PS. I am thinking about starting a site up with game reviews, opinions and etc. It will start out small (like a free hosting website) and if there is enough interest I'll make it bigger. It will probably take the form of www.WHATEVERTHENAMEIS.6k.com
so it is not like a geocities site, or I may go to 50 megs dot com because you get an even better web address and you can upload a home made website instead of making it from a premade design. If you are interested in making a site in co-operation with me, just e-mail me or say so on you next post in this thread with your e-mail so we can get in touch. Thanks alot....

Young_Fledgling
08-14-2002, 05:10 PM
ya it looks liek a pretty bad game to me..... i was gonna consider renting it but not anymore... man i went to blockbuster and it is guarenteed to be there.... too bad nobody rents it :rolleyes:

Tkf5000
08-15-2002, 10:36 AM
at my blokcbuster its neevr there but i did buy it. i dont think its as bad as people say. its a different type of fihgting game. its a decent game. the biggest part is its fun. i had a lot of fun playing it. and after u ebat the game u get all kinds of nw modes and stuff. i would consider renting it, expecially if your like me and u rented every xbox game at your blokcbuster.