PDA

View Full Version : Mpegs Videos compatible with Xbox ???

Shadow20002
08-12-2002, 01:19 PM
Xbox can play mp3 sountrack on somes CD-RWs. The question i'm asking is if the xbox can read mpegs videos files ?? Anyone have try to burn mpeg file on CD-RWs and put this one to xbox ?

cityson
08-12-2002, 01:27 PM
Why don't you try it yourself? :) BTW, Xbox cannot play MP3 files....The funny thing is, Dreamcast and PSX can!

Sodacider
08-12-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by cityson
Why don't you try it yourself? :) BTW, Xbox cannot play MP3 files....The funny thing is, Dreamcast and PSX can!

Microsoft would probably be the last one to try something illegal at this point...

Snoopy7548
08-12-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Shadow20002
Xbox can play mp3 sountrack on somes CD-RWs. The question i'm asking is if the xbox can read mpegs videos files ?? Anyone have try to burn mpeg file on CD-RWs and put this one to xbox ?

if you have a modchip, you can burn divx movies, and watch them on your xbox. you can do a ton of stuff with a modchip, like watch divx movies, play mp3s i think, use emulators, copy games to your harddrive, play backed up games. they have a ton of info on the forums and stuff at www.xboxhacker.net :)

JJaX
08-12-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Snoopy7548

if you have a modchip, you can burn divx movies, and watch them on your xbox. you can do a ton of stuff with a modchip, like watch divx movies, play mp3s i think, use emulators, copy games to your harddrive, play backed up games. they have a ton of info on the forums and stuff at www.xboxhacker.net :)

All true except copy games to your HD.

Snoopy7548
08-12-2002, 01:50 PM
nope. at xboxhacker.net, or any other xbox hacking site. they say that you can copy xbox games to your harddrive, and play them. you can even install a bigger harddrive, so you can copy a ton of xbox games to it.