PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Lee

LoverBaby_2000
08-12-2002, 01:36 PM
BRUCE LEE: Quest of the Dragon Overall: 5.5/10 xboxes

This game isn't exactly a "brand new release" but Blockbuster still has it listed as one so that is fine for me. I had rented the game for 6 days (two 3 night rentals) in anticipation that the game would live up to what it had been layed out to be. After playing this game I can honestly say that it was highly overrated. I feel that even though I spent my hard earned dollars on just a rental, It would have been better suited to feed me dinner at McDonalds.

The sometimes awkward and confusing camera angles made for some hard battles. 99.9% of the time my death was caused by the unability to see my oponent or turn around because I was caught on something that was not visible from that particular angle.

I also found the fact of you having to buy most of your moves was complicated. I don't mind a car game where you have to upgrade parts, that's part of the fun, but when I am playing I like to not have an unfair disadvantage against opponents with an ability to only punch and kick.

Here is a list of the good and bad things about the game:

BRUCE LEE: QUEST OF THE DRAGON
---------------------------------------------

GOOD: BAD:

-It's a karate game -You have to buy your moves

-Scenes have high detail -Not much interactivity with
scenes

-Nunachucks -If Bruce Lee had so many
people to fight, wouldn't he
always use them?

-The choice between having -Limiting camera angles
an auto lock on your opponents
or the choice to do it manually

-Fun when you get all the moves -sometimes hard to press all
the combo buttons fast enough
to do a combo

-that's about all except for the -there's a few more things I
great replication of Bruce Lee could list, but I think you get
my drift

If you need any more GOOD or BAD reasons for BRUCE LEE:QUEST FOR THE DRAGON ID BE HAPPY TO GIVE THEM...

PS. I am thinking about starting a site up with game reviews, opinions and etc. It will start out small (like a free hosting website) and if there is enough interest I'll make it bigger. It will probably take the form of www.WHATEVERTHENAMEIS.6k.com
so it is not like a geocities site, or I may go to 50 megs dot com because you get an even better web address and you can upload a home made website instead of making it from a premade design. If you are interested in making a site in co-operation with me, just e-mail me or say so on you next post in this thread with your e-mail so we can get in touch. Thanks alot....

cityson
08-17-2002, 12:12 PM
Ummmm....The only thing good about Bruce Lee, is the reflections on the ground. :) Everything else.....AWFUL!!!

Tkf5000
08-17-2002, 09:56 PM
i own this game. i actually thught it was pretty fun. i dunno. its definitely not great tho.

xbox_elf
08-18-2002, 08:48 PM
yeah,just like halo

cityson
08-18-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by xbox_elf
yeah,just like halo

Nice try, but that never pizzes me off. :)

Final word: You want more attention? Try this....

Swear at the mod 24 times a day.

xbox_elf
08-18-2002, 10:44 PM
what?

Snapple
08-19-2002, 06:18 AM
i wanna rent this game before i would buy it cause i here alot of people saying its a botton masher:eek:

Tkf5000
08-19-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by xboxfan38
i wanna rent this game before i would buy it cause i here alot of people saying its a botton masher:eek: whats wrong with button mashers. u got tina in ur sig, she comes from a button ,mahser game. but i would rent this game. i kinda wish i didnt buy it. im really low on cash so i cant get enclave,gunmetal,or dead to rights. i hope my money from the stuff i sell at ebay gets me something.

LoverBaby_2000
08-19-2002, 11:48 AM
Let's get back on topic....

General consensus (opinion) is that Bruce Lee is not worth buying but rather a rent because you will get bored in a short time/ find out that there are better games.

hathornakt
08-19-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by xbox_elf
yeah,just like halo

Wow, so much for picking your battles xbox_elf
Xbox Elf: 1 person
Halo lovers: 6.5 billion (world population)

:eek:

LoverBaby_2000
08-19-2002, 12:23 PM
Yeah... It's one thing to try to **** someone off, but it's another thing to totally diss a great game that revolutionized gaming forever. Try something that other people can agree with you on.
Plus, Halo is not a button mashing game. A button masher is more like Dead or Alive. Button mashers are cool but halo is definately not one. Especially if you play the hardest setting. The alines are tough to kill and you need to use alot of strategy to play the game, not just run around with a gun slaughtering everything you see (not like GTA3--which is a realllllyyyyy cool game and i wish it were on xbox) It is a strategic-combat game. Anyways... Let's get back to b*tchin' about Bruce Lee.

Tkf5000
08-19-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by hathornakt

Wow, so much for picking your battles xbox_elf
Xbox Elf: 1 person
Halo lovers: 6.5 billion (world population)

:eek: yea. in anothr thread he said halo sucked to. and in one thread he kept baging about ho samus from metroid was so cool.