PDA

View Full Version : mod chips

LoverBaby_2000
08-12-2002, 01:53 PM
When you have a mod-chip and burn a divx movie to it, is there any scripting you have to add on the cd or can you just burn the file (not all divx movies are illegal... I know that you can make your own divx movies and send them to friends.. but the majority are) and then go into the opening options and press something like "play"????

Also, can you play CDR's on the x-box that are an audio CD??

Snoopy7548
08-12-2002, 01:55 PM
i think that u can just burn the file. u might have to do something else, i dont really know, since ive never done it. but check out the forums at www.xboxhacker.net , you should be able to find an answer there.

LoverBaby_2000
08-12-2002, 01:56 PM
Thanx alot........

DenniZz81
08-13-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by LoverBaby_2000
When you have a mod-chip and burn a divx movie to it, is there any scripting you have to add on the cd or can you just burn the file (not all divx movies are illegal... I know that you can make your own divx movies and send them to friends.. but the majority are) and then go into the opening options and press something like "play"????

Also, can you play CDR's on the x-box that are an audio CD??

You have to have Evox bios installed (ILLEGAL)
and a software called xbplayer b5 (illegal)

Then you can play divx,vcd,mp3 and lots more.
Im not encouraging you to do it, just telling you that it CAn be done

LoverBaby_2000
08-13-2002, 03:58 PM
I wonder why it would be illegal.. what is the BIOS???? Is it hardware or software.... I think taht it should be illegal since people do use divx anyways for home movies and what not.

Also, I basically have a full year's warranty left and would not even attempt opening up my xbox until that warranty is up... I don't want to void it and end up having to shell out more money to fix it...

Thanx for the "info".................:cool:

LoverBaby_2000
08-13-2002, 04:01 PM
Sorry.. I think that it should NOT be illegal... and taht was supposed to be that... thanx

DenniZz81
08-14-2002, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by LoverBaby_2000
I wonder why it would be illegal.. what is the BIOS???? Is it hardware or software.... I think taht it should be illegal since people do use divx anyways for home movies and what not.

Also, I basically have a full year's warranty left and would not even attempt opening up my xbox until that warranty is up... I don't want to void it and end up having to shell out more money to fix it...

Thanx for the "info".................:cool:

i think its illegal beacause the software is written with the xdk tools i think thats the name of it, not sure, and beacause of that it contains microsoft copywrighted code!

GeNeRaL AcE
08-14-2002, 07:18 PM
Get on MIRC and go to #xboxmayhem on DALnet.