PDA

View Full Version : 2K3 has shipped!!!!!

CrazyCougar
08-12-2002, 02:21 PM
Here it comes! Most likely the best football game to date for the Xbox!!! Way to raise the bar Sega!! next years titles should be oustanding from all the software companies!! I think I'll go wait outside EB's door until tomorrow!!! Or maybe I can hijack a UPS truck...LOL..just kidding Fed Government! That was not a terroristic threat!

Talk to ya tomorrow about the game!!!

peejay2288
08-12-2002, 02:35 PM
I got $150 in my pocket right now and will burn $50 tommorrow for this game. I know it's worth it but will it be in stores that quick?

CrazyCougar
08-12-2002, 02:50 PM
It will be in EB and Babbages definitely tomorrow as both companies have their product shipped at the same exact time. Trust me they are calling constantly to make sure the other companies shipment didnt leave before theirs..LOL...As for other retailers shipments will begin arriving tomorrow and there after.

peejay2288
08-12-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar
It will be in EB and Babbages definitely tomorrow as both companies have their product shipped at the same exact time. Trust me they are calling constantly to make sure the other companies shipment didnt leave before theirs..LOL...As for other retailers shipments will begin arriving tomorrow and there after.

that's good. i just hope I can get one at my local babbages before they're all gone.

CrazyCougar
08-12-2002, 02:58 PM
Good luck! LOL!!! EB , Babbages, Toy R Us get the largest shipments. try any one fo those. Walmart, Kmart, Target, etc... only get a few copies per store. But they also get constant shipments.

robnyack
08-12-2002, 06:44 PM
yep, Mr Pimply-Faced EB guy told me today, both Madden and NFL2k3 will be on the shelves tmrrw.

EB website made it look like Madden was on sale today, but it was wrong.

Bakeman
08-12-2002, 09:03 PM
I just called EB... they said Wednesday they'll have it..

BOOO that sucks!!!

robnyack
08-12-2002, 09:29 PM
not my EB....the guy told me BOTH would be on the shelves tmmrw (tues)....if he knows what's good for him....he best be right

CrazyCougar
08-12-2002, 10:51 PM
ALL EB's and Babbages will have them Tuesday, UNLESS the store is way out of the shipping lanes. Then that will cause and extra day to be added to the shipping time.

peejay2288
08-12-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar
ALL EB's and Babbages will have them Tuesday, UNLESS the store is way out of the shipping lanes. Then that will cause and extra day to be added to the shipping time.

define where the "shipping lanes" are. I might as well die if babbages doesn't have 2K3 in tomorrow...

CrazyCougar
08-12-2002, 11:06 PM
Well let me try to think of an exact example.........hmmmmmm...i gotta get my shipping books out at work to find one. But mostly its places that are 100 miles of a main interstate with very little commerce in the area

Bakeman
08-12-2002, 11:11 PM
gah!

The EB games is about 1 mile off a MAJOR Highway here in California..... Interstate 15..

CrazyCougar
08-12-2002, 11:23 PM
Then it should be there on their doorstep tomorrow

CrazyCougar
08-12-2002, 11:25 PM
one other thing though!!!! EB, Babbages, and all retailers may hold their product til Wednesday to be sure every store has product to sell. That would suck but is a possibility.

peejay2288
08-13-2002, 09:54 AM
This f*cks me off. The game is scheduled to come out in stores today!!! Why the f*ck don't they got it??? Babbages, Toys "r" Us, Bestbuy and Target all said tomorrow or later this week. What is their damn problem???

ash
08-13-2002, 10:16 AM
I know my local gamestop got and sold copies of madden 2003 monday night. They only had enough copies for the preordered people though (I got mine!!), the rest woun't go on sale until Friday. It's probably the same with 2k3.

Woocifer
08-13-2002, 12:56 PM
It was said to be shipped on the 13th, not necissarily sold on the 13th...so EB and the others are probably sitting there sticking to their word so they don't get in crap from the distributor or the head honchos and the publishers... It's stupid, very stupid and childish but this is business right?

robphillips79
08-13-2002, 03:16 PM
Well 2k3 shipped on the 12th and usually that means it's on shelves the next day. I went to 4 local places today and nobody had it. Maybe I went too early. Should be in tomorrow for sure.

Calve
08-13-2002, 10:16 PM
my eb said it was gonna be in on thursday :( thats so ***!!! they better have it tommorow :mad:

CrazyCougar
08-14-2002, 09:40 AM
Approximately 200,000 units were shipped from a distribution facility in the Northeast on Monday throughout the day. Most shipment went out overnight to another distribution facility or directly to a store. All stores will have their product this week. But it is in the contract between Babbages and EB alone that one does not get the product before the other. So whatever they are doing with their product is out of our control now. It left our dock Monday and they are the owners of it now. Fines and lawsuits are involved within the business if this happens.

peejay2288
08-14-2002, 09:53 AM
i just called babbages and they said the ups shipment will be in later today.

SkoalMint
08-14-2002, 11:34 AM
I just picked up my copy on my lunch break from EB. Can't wait for the work day to end now. LOL.

On a side note, I was talking to the guy at EB. He said that he talked to a friend that works at one of the larger EB's. They have three large TV's hanging from their ceiling and had the game running on each. One on the XBox, one on PS2, and one on GC. Needless to say, the XBox graphics blew the other two away.

EDIT:

Well, I finally made it home and have spent the last four hours getting acquainted with my Texans. :) Great game. If you're a football fan, you have to pick this up.

peejay2288
08-14-2002, 04:16 PM
I just called Babbages and they said they got a pretty large shipment in. I'm stopping by on my way home from bible study to pick one up. I can't wait!

Dutch_72
08-14-2002, 04:52 PM
I got my copy!!

Now if only I hadn't left the xbox at the cottage for the week... aRGGHHH!

Dutch

stang46
08-14-2002, 05:43 PM
I just picked up 2k3 from my local BestBuy. The box of games were sitting in a box right in the isle so more than likely they had just gotten them. Anyways, I think I know what I'm gonna be doing tonight:)

cadetlinux
08-14-2002, 07:00 PM
Wow, this game fricken rocks... my uncle and i are hardcore madden fans but this year i refused to buy it. ****** though i coudln't talk him out of it. I went to check it out at his house today, it blows..period, its a piece of garbage. I said brb, went to the mall and picked this game up, it rules, so far above anything else out there, we played 2k3 the rest of the day.

peejay2288
08-14-2002, 07:27 PM
I got my copy from Babbages!!!! I'm about to play it!!! Tune in to these forums so I can tell you how I like it!!!! I also got the strategy guide!!!! Isn't that great!!!! j/k I'm bout to go play it now.
:p

Calve
08-14-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by peejay2288
I got my copy from Babbages!!!! I'm about to play it!!! Tune in to these forums so I can tell you how I like it!!!! I also got the strategy guide!!!! Isn't that great!!!! j/k I'm bout to go play it now.
:p

hurry back!!!! i want all the details!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

peejay2288
08-14-2002, 09:12 PM
Hey, I got done playing a few minutes ago and all I gotta say is DAMN! The graphics are excellent, the defensive AI is very smart, and the gang tackling is CRUCIAL. But it's very different from Fever. You actually gotta study this game. It's strategy. The plays you call on defense are way more complex than those of Madden.
See my thread to see how i played... :eek:
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19936

snork
08-14-2002, 10:09 PM
I just got back from Funcoland, returned Fever for 2k3...got THE LAST copy:p Fever definitely had better gfx and was easier to play...but the damn stuttering sound is inexcusible. 2K3's presentation is way better, as is the commentary. I would have considered Madden, since NCAA was near flawless, I'd bet Madden to be pretty good too, but the lack of online play was the determining factor for going w/ 2k3. Overall, I'm loving 2k3, only problem I have w/ it is the play calling method. Too many screens to route through to find the play you wanna call.

POD13259
08-15-2002, 01:02 PM
D@mn. Wednesday, my only chance for the week to pick 2K3 up (busy otherwise), and the temperature gets up to 101 degrees. There's no way I'd go out for an extended period in that weather.