PDA

View Full Version : Project Ego - Interview w/ Peter Molyneux

Dre
08-12-2002, 03:22 PM
Ok, I haven't posted in this forum for awhile.. I miss this place. Hope you're all still having fun in Vvardenfell :)

Damn Morrowind file got corrupted on me and I haven't bothered playing it since. That and I saw it on an HDTV and a PC and was shocked by the differences. Regular tv sucks..I need money. Please send me some :D

Anyhoo, back on topic, follow the link for a mini-interview/blurb from Peter Molyneux that was in the UK OXM this month.

http://www.bigbluebox.co.uk:8080/showthread.php?s=&postid=33512&t=539

shrew king
08-12-2002, 06:23 PM
hey Dre, i couldnt get the link to work. Mind telling me how to get their manually?

Dre
08-13-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by shrew king
hey Dre, i couldnt get the link to work. Mind telling me how to get their manually?

Here's what the post said:

In the latest issue of OXMUK (issue 7) they had a quick interview with my man, your man, THE MAN Peter M. Anyway because I'm so nice I scanned it in for all to see, and it went a little something like this;

ACCORDING TO LIONHEAD Studios director and all-round gaming legend Peter Molyneux, Project Ego actually does have a story with a beginning, middle and end. "Although we've giving the player an immense amount of freedom with Project Ego, it would become totally boring unless you know what you have to do," he explained. "in one of the quests, the player will be thrown in a dungeon and they'll only have one opportunity a year to escape. Mess it up and they'll be in there for another year and the character will visibly age. Obviously, time will be compressed during this section." Why you get thrown in a dungeon Molyneux wouldn't say, but he did give us other examples of how the game will be structured. "If you want to get married and have children you can, but you don't have to. If you do, then we need to encourage you to become a hero again because that's why you're playing the game. We'll do this by killing the player's family off. After all, you're supposed to be adventurous and active." In addition to structuring the story around the player's decisions, Project Ego will also feature a combat system that will be enhanced as the character gains more experience. As Molyneux explains: "There'll be special combinations and power-up moves to learn throughout. If a fight takes place near a town, the locals will come out and gather around to cheer you on. "If you run away from the fight though, they'll boo you. But that's the whole point of being a hero."

Taken From:
PROJECT PROJECTIONS
Page 19
Issue 7
OXMUK

shrew king
08-13-2002, 05:19 PM
that sounds pretty cool, when is its projected release date?

vamp
08-13-2002, 08:40 PM
2002, I'll have shenmue soon enough though.