PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2, more indoor or outdoor levels?

hook-worm J
08-12-2002, 06:28 PM
What would you like more in Halo 2, more indoor, or more outdoor levels? I really hope the number of outdoor levels increases from the number in Halo. Indoor levels were great, but I really enjoyed the outdoor parts of levels, and the levels that were just plain outdoor ones (2nd level). The main reason is, I enjoy fighting aliens more in an outdoor environment, you can hide behind trees and rocks, and enjoy a waterfall while putting 5 pounds of lead into an elites skull. While indoor levels, although fun, are sort of bland, I'd rather look at mountains and stuff than a bare metal wall. The other plus to outdoor is that you can drive vehicles! Man I sure did love the Halo level.

So what'll it be?

Indoor?
or
Outdoor?

ScorpionX
08-12-2002, 10:52 PM
Outdoor because

-Sniping from a distance
-using vehicles
-environments look better

I don't like indoor because it is basically walking into a room, killing the covenant, walking into another room that looks exactly like it and repeat........

The best levels in Halo were Halo and AOTCR

hook-worm J
08-12-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by rage1mj7
The best levels in Halo were Halo and AOTCR

Yeah, even though AOTCR did have lots of boring indoor rooms as well as the snowy outdoor. And all the rooms looked the exact same.

I liked the beginning of Truth and Reconciliation, where you are outside at night and you snipe the covenent. And the Silent Cartographer was also a good semi-outdoor level.

Tinny
08-13-2002, 08:04 AM
I voted outdoors but I still want indoors to play a major part. Remember the first time you fought the Flood? Remember the narrow corridors and quite large rooms filled with them? Yeah, outdoors is great but indoors should always be used. For the outdoors I wouldn't mind seeing alot more variations in the lights (night and morning and afternoon and dusk) and ofcourse wind and weather.

I agree, the best level was certainly AOTCR. The Scorpian MBT :eek:

Snapple
08-13-2002, 11:17 AM
i would say care less cause i just want mainly the game:D
but i would like to have more outdoor levels:)

addict733
08-13-2002, 03:04 PM
during Halo's development stage, and while it was still supposed to come out to the pc (it looks like it will again), the game looked to be 75 - 90% outdoors, and not just canions and set pathways, but wide open, go anywhere u want to levels. it was beautiful. something happened along the way, and it became more indoor based. i was pretty dissapointed.

OuTdOoR aLl ThE wAy BaBy

- i wanna see what earth is like in the future or bungies beliefs.
- its just cooler

hook-worm J
08-13-2002, 03:38 PM
yeah, and when there is an indoor level, I want variety! instead of just being on futuristic ships and inside covenant bases, I want to explore old covenent caves and stuff on the planet.

No Fear 23
08-15-2002, 08:59 PM
i would like more outdoor environment. also there should be some battles like 100 covenatn vs. 100 marines and 1 master cheif, oh what a battle it will be

hook-worm J
08-16-2002, 02:46 PM
yeah, that would be awesome! large scale battles is what we need.

ScorpionX
08-16-2002, 11:55 PM
Has anyone seen that awesome battle in Starship Troopers? It is the one were they are in the base on the abandoned planet with all the dead soldiers and them the aliens invade and break down the base. That would be a really cool level in Halo, where there is hundreds of grunts and elites and you can't let them in the base or fort. Wow, that wolud be fun with machine gunners and marines dying all around you :eek:

hook-worm J
08-17-2002, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by rage1mj7
Has anyone seen that awesome battle in Starship Troopers? It is the one were they are in the base on the abandoned planet with all the dead soldiers and them the aliens invade and break down the base. That would be a really cool level in Halo, where there is hundreds of grunts and elites and you can't let them in the base or fort. Wow, that wolud be fun with machine gunners and marines dying all around you :eek:

yeah, I saw that part. And it would be cool to have something like that in Halo, like defend objectives and stuff. And you could order your troops to do different stuff.

SoccerCJM77
08-19-2002, 09:41 AM
outdoor because I like using vehicles and I hate some of the places that are dark. That would be cool if they made a level like blood gloch where you go against a army of covernet forces