PDA

View Full Version : Tmmrw: MADDEN 2003 & NFL2k2!!!

robnyack
08-12-2002, 06:40 PM
I'm so psyched!

EB website was saying Madden was out today, but I went to the store and they said "nada".

Tmrrw.....Madden 2003 and NFL 2k3 will both be on the shelves, so says Mr. Pimply-Faced EB Guy!!!
:eek:

I have decided I am getting BOTH Madden and NFL2k3. I will be trading in NFL FEVER 2003. I just have to get Madden. I can't help it. I'm like a junkie, and EA is my dealer. No matter how often they sell me flawed crap, I just have to keep going back. I swore up and down I would not be buying Madden this year (for two reasons: 1) obviously for not going with XBL, and 2) for killing the greatest football gaming mode ever invented on the pc version.... the online franchise mode).

I was settled that this year I was getting FEVER and NFL2k3. Well, a funny thing happened on the way to my xbox.....1) FEVER SUCKS!, and 2) NCAA 2003 has taken me by surprised and got me addicted, so now I just have to take my graduating seniors and load them into the Madden draft!

This will be my first time getting Sega's game. I honestly think this game is going to raise the bar for all football games to follow. I think even Madden is going to have to follow Sega after this. Sega might have really nailed the game this year.

I can't wait.

POD13259
08-12-2002, 10:20 PM
NFL2K3 all the way for me.

Just checking: It is online-capable, right?

CrazyCougar
08-12-2002, 11:31 PM
Xbox Live capable you bet!!!!Most EB stores had Madden in hand but were not allowed to release it due to the fact Babbages had not yet received their shipments. Its war between those two I tell ya.

consolegamer
08-13-2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by robnyack
I'm so psyched!

EB website was saying Madden was out today, but I went to the store and they said "nada".

Tmrrw.....Madden 2003 and NFL 2k3 will both be on the shelves, so says Mr. Pimply-Faced EB Guy!!!
:eek:

I have decided I am getting BOTH Madden and NFL2k3. I will be trading in NFL FEVER 2003. I just have to get Madden. I can't help it. I'm like a junkie, and EA is my dealer. No matter how often they sell me flawed crap, I just have to keep going back. I swore up and down I would not be buying Madden this year (for two reasons: 1) obviously for not going with XBL, and 2) for killing the greatest football gaming mode ever invented on the pc version.... the online franchise mode).

I was settled that this year I was getting FEVER and NFL2k3. Well, a funny thing happened on the way to my xbox.....1) FEVER SUCKS!, and 2) NCAA 2003 has taken me by surprised and got me addicted, so now I just have to take my graduating seniors and load them into the Madden draft!

This will be my first time getting Sega's game. I honestly think this game is going to raise the bar for all football games to follow. I think even Madden is going to have to follow Sega after this. Sega might have really nailed the game this year.

I can't wait.

Dude, right on man!!! I'm getting Madden and 2K3. I have them both reserved. It's like christmas for me!!! The only prob is they said 2K3 won't be in til weds. Madden gets picked up today. I can't wait!!! By the way, 2K3 got a 9. something as a review. It's truly an awesome game!! I'm still keeping my fever 2003 as I feel it's worthy , since I have been playing it. You really can feel the difference from last year, but I know the other games will be better. Hopefully we'll be playing online together in the future. You seem lke a die-hard football fan. Later

Taranis
08-13-2002, 08:31 AM
so now I just have to take my graduating seniors and load them into the Madden draft!

You can actually do this?!

consolegamer
08-13-2002, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Taranis

You can actually do this?!

Absolutely you can. just read the review for Madden 2003 and it got an 8 point something. Supposedly a very much improved game from last year, and the grass textures are supposed to be awesome!!!

Taranis
08-13-2002, 08:40 AM
OK, I am sold, if I can play NCAA and then load those graduatig seniors into the draft for Madden, I am 100% sold.

That is the coolest thing. I don't care about anything else. That is the thing that bumps Madden to the top.

I was a huge Fever02 fan and I loved the 2K series on DC, but that feature just puts EA's football at the top of my list.

studepaber
08-13-2002, 10:14 AM
I plan on buying NFL 2K3 on Wednesday since I intend on playing it online come November. The graphics and player physics look better than any other football game IMO. One question, does anyone know if this game will implement 'gang tackling' ??? I heard this was supposed to be in Madden and it seems like something all football games should include.

Woocifer
08-13-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Taranis
OK, I am sold, if I can play NCAA and then load those graduatig seniors into the draft for Madden, I am 100% sold.

That is the coolest thing. I don't care about anything else. That is the thing that bumps Madden to the top.

I was a huge Fever02 fan and I loved the 2K series on DC, but that feature just puts EA's football at the top of my list.

I'm pretty sure you can do this with 2k3 as well. I read something about this on the Gamespot review that taking care of your franchise is actually a lot of work in the game and you can load up the NCAA stats and players and actually start your own LEAGUE let alone just drafting.. Pretty crazy :)

DZNUTZ
08-13-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Woocifer

I'm pretty sure you can do this with 2k3 as well. I read something about this on the Gamespot review that taking care of your franchise is actually a lot of work in the game and you can load up the NCAA stats and players and actually start your own LEAGUE let alone just drafting.. Pretty crazy :)

U CAN DO THIS!!! i just read a huge article at gamespot ( i think) on 2k3 and u can upload and draft...no to mention a gazillion other options.....no online support? no madden for me! 2k3 is getting my $$$ this year.

Taranis
08-13-2002, 01:54 PM
Now, is it just me or should the companies be hyping this feature more. I would think it would be a great way to entice people to buy your NFL game and your NCAA game. Kill two birds with one stone, sort of.

Anyway, it's a great time to be a gamer.

As for the online bit, I can't get broadband service at my house anyway, so that doesn't really matter to me. At least not for another 8 months when the cable company says they will be able to offer access.

lllSmokelll
08-13-2002, 03:22 PM
im gonna get 2k3 first to practice for the league :)

robnyack
08-13-2002, 08:12 PM
yes, in BOTH EA's and Sega's college game you can take the graduating seniors and export them to their respective pro games. Very cool.

I got Madden today. The pimply-faced EB guy lied to me yesterday!!! He said EB would DEFINATELY have both games today. Oh well. Gives me time to try out Madden.

Not ready to review Madden yet, but, my initial reaction: nice, but kinda ho-hum. I think EAs NCAA College Football game looks nicer and has more juice. I almost feel like Madden might have stood still a little bit. I can tell you this though....Madden's commentary has got to go. They are still playing the same old lines over and over that they have been using since 2001's version!! CREEERIPES.

Still too early to give a definate review though.

consolegamer
08-14-2002, 06:25 AM
yes, in BOTH EA's and Sega's college game you can take the graduating seniors and export them to their respective pro games. Very cool.

I got Madden today. The pimply-faced EB guy lied to me yesterday!!! He said EB would DEFINATELY have both games today. Oh well. Gives me time to try out Madden.

Not ready to review Madden yet, but, my initial reaction: nice, but kinda ho-hum. I think EAs NCAA College Football game looks nicer and has more juice. I almost feel like Madden might have stood still a little bit. I can tell you this though....Madden's commentary has got to go. They are still playing the same old lines over and over that they have been using since 2001's version!! CREEERIPES.

Still too early to give a definate review though.

It's not too early for me (I have been playing madden for about 12 hrs since they don't have 2K3 til tommorrow). The commentary is lamer than last years and the graphics haven't changed. Grass textures? What grass textures? The gameplay is great and the frame rate never drops though. Al michaels don't have any excitement in his voice at all. Oh well, I'll have 2K3 today.

Zion
08-14-2002, 07:24 AM
Yes you can do all that stuff with Sega's 2k3 games as well.

There's no reason at all to buy Madden.

consolegamer
08-14-2002, 04:41 PM
Well, I got 2K3 today and all I can say is buy it!!! It's the best out there period! Everything screams perfection. :D

CrazyCougar
08-15-2002, 12:38 PM
There's not much to say as I am very speechless. I think this one word sums it up about 2K3.... WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Taranis
08-15-2002, 12:42 PM
That's good to hear, I was hoping SEGA would bring back the love that was the 2K series on the Dreamcast. woot!

KviK
08-15-2002, 04:30 PM
I am going to buy fever once live hits not now, since the online will be better and more fun.

Marc
08-15-2002, 06:04 PM
I can't believe I'm doing this, but I too am going to buy both. 2K3 had some features that were better than Madden, but fell short of what I wanted. The game wrap up and the defensive matchup are two of the best characteristics on the game.

peejay2288
08-15-2002, 06:32 PM
All I got is NFL 2K3. That is the only game I'm buying until NFL 2K4 comes out. Or maybe madden if it's online...