PDA

View Full Version : Your very first impression about XBox.

l Maximus l
11-02-2001, 01:11 PM
Think back for a moment when you first saw something relating to the XBox. What exactly was it and what were you thinking at the time?

My first impression was seeing the video of Project Gotham Racing on XBox.com's website. I coulnd't believe those were real graphics!!! Ever since then, I have been in awwww....

What was your first impression? Was it a game? The look of the console? The power of the console? What really got you pumped up about the XBox?

scarecrow kfj
11-02-2001, 01:33 PM
Mine was that it was like an upgraded DC which was my fav system. Than the power of it sunk in and I was impressed and I was happy it wasnt a ps

mojo__31
11-02-2001, 02:11 PM
My first recollection was on a news site that stated Microsoft announced a new game console. As much as I love to hate Microsoft, I knew it would rock, as no one has the money to put behind a new venture like MS, and everthing they do takes over the market.

l Maximus l
11-02-2001, 03:46 PM
I just remember seeing PGR in action...I was amazed on how the reflections of the background gleamed off the paint... Besides, I love the fact of driving exotic sports cars versus common cars...it's all about speed and looks. I also found it mind blowing when the cars were racing around corners and the image bounced as if a dude was holding the camera as steady as he could...

I completely thought I was watching real cars instead of graphics! After seeing that, I was hooked, though, I do remember hearing over a year ago that Microsoft was coming out with a gaming system. You know it's going to rock!

Jason1010
11-02-2001, 04:39 PM
my first thoughts were as follows...

****!!! I GOTTA GET ME ONE O' THOSE!!! :D

ALONG WITH MY GAMECUBE OF COURSE.... :)

l Maximus l
11-02-2001, 04:44 PM
Oh no! You didn't do what I thought you just did? You put the GameCube on the same level as XBox :eek: Tell me I'm imagining this...:confused:

-Max

Rancey
11-02-2001, 07:16 PM
Max> The first time I seen a PGR vid. clip I thought they were real for a split second :D

Jason1010
11-02-2001, 08:12 PM
Oh no! You didn't do what I thought you just did? You put the GameCube on the same level as XBox Tell me I'm imagining this...

You know what??? All you idiots who are for one system and one alone are the biggest jackasses i have seen to date. Both the Xbox and the Gamecube are great systems. Truly the Xbox is more powerful and dont let anyone tell you otherwise because they are just dumb ***s. However, Nintendo also has extremely good games and systems. If anyone says that Nintendo is geared towards kids and Xbox towards adults, this is somewhat true but not totally. Xbox is more geared towards a mature audience like the PC gamers out there, however, although Nintendo is geared more towards childish fun they also have their M rated games that happen to kick ass such as Perfect Dark and Goldeneye. Even PS2 (although i loath it) has its good games. Anyone who tells you that the Xbox isn't the most powerfull or that Microsoft isn't a good company or that Nintendo is for 3 year olds or that the PS2 is more powerful that any other system :rolleyes: is just jealous because they dont have enough money to buy what you are getting. So if you have a PS2, dont say its the best system because it really isn't. Instead just go get the other systems out there and have fun with all 3 of them. The same goes for those of you just getting a Gamecube or an Xbox. Just shut your pie holes about which is better and have a fun time with the systems. Oh, and if you cant stand not knowing which is best, go read the darn system specs of each and dont claim that they are lying when they print those because i have heard people say that and they are just g@y.

P.S. Please dont think im just chewing u out maximus ;) im writing this for all to read...

Slider1981
11-02-2001, 11:39 PM
It's like the great Ford and Chevy debate. In a hardcore gamers mind, one system is best. They will stand up for that system no matter what. The Xbox is my system, i have no need for the Lamecube or the Piece of Sh*t 2. Gaming is going to be great in the years to come, enjoy the ride with the Xbox, or suffer with the competition. Reply to me if you must, but just remember i dont f*cking care. So go X yourselves Lamecubers

l Maximus l
11-03-2001, 02:44 AM
I'm with Slider on this one.

Jason, I respect your reply...but, speaking as a former Nintendo gamer, I'm tired of waiting for Nintendo...they are always a half step behind...and, they are very unorganized. It is true that all of the gaming companies will have their flaws as no one is perfect, but, Nintendo is exceptional. I own every single Nintendo game console from the NES to the N64...I had some great memories. But, all of the systems combined and all my great experiences don't come close, in my opinion, to the excitement, innovation, power, capability, organization, variety in games, quality in games, options, and the vast 3rd party support that the XBox gives all of us.

As the old saying goes: "Let the games begin"...and it is my humble prediction that XBox will come out on top. I'm not bashing the GameCube or PS2 at the moment...but, let's reason for a moment. The GameCube will have *some* good games...but, not nearly the amount as XBox. The GameCube has some power, but, it doesn't even rival XBox. I could go on and on. As with the PS2, the XBox will carry practically every single PS2 game but they will be better and more innovative.

Most hardcore gamers say graphics don't matter...it's all about the gameplay. But, the XBox gives both for once. The XBox defines what a true next-generation console is all about. By contrast, Nintendo and Sony are simply trying to play catch up before they take a serious dive. I feel horrible to what happened to the Dreamcast as it is and was an excellent system. I'm really fortunate that I didn't buy one (though, my nephews have it and we play it constantly because it's simply amazing)....I don't want to buy the GameCube or the PS2 for the sole reason that XBox is going to crush them, which is remiscient of what Sony did to Sega's Dreamcast. The XBox will live on just as Microsoft will live on. The XBox is manufactured by the richest company in the world...it will be here for a long time.

I respect any gamer regardless to what system they buy. I just hope they don't get upset if they bought a system from a company that could not hang with the big boys. It's bad for consumers.

-Max

Supperdog
11-03-2001, 08:58 AM
i hated xbox at first, when it was like a computer for the tv but as it grew and developed i watched and waited until it became an obsession and i knew i had to have it :)

xboxlover
11-03-2001, 09:00 AM
My first taste of xbox was halo it just pulled me in like a fish on a hook.

Jason1010
11-03-2001, 11:27 AM
I hear you maximus. I too think that the xbox is the best and it is definately the one i favor at the moment. I was merely trying to point out that Nintendo is also a good company and i think the gamecube will be fun as well. Anyway, I agree with you -- I think xbox is the best, i just dont think that gamecube should be called lamecube and stuff like that because i think its looks good too. so anyway, yeah, sorry if i sounded a bit more serious than i should have :)

benz_300sl
11-03-2001, 12:43 PM
my first impression was...big whoop....then i was like i want PS2 for my birthday....then someone smacked some sense into me and i was like WHAT THE HELL WAS I HTINKING?! so i asked my parents for XBox for my b-day, and now my copy is reserved...oh man i cant wait:D :D :D :D

Xbox Flame
11-04-2001, 11:27 AM
My computer had been bothering me about critical updates for months. Finally I clicked O.K. and when it was done downloading I looked around on the microsoft websight and there it was. The link to the Xbox website. That was so long ago that all it had was the old logo and they had know idea what it would look like and they didn't know the specs. My first impresion was "maybe this will finally be a console worth owning" I have always used a computer for games because it had better graphics and the Playstation controler hurt my hands. But now I am 110% for XBox
the futer king of the gaming world.

CharlesDD2
11-04-2001, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Xbox Flame
I have always used a computer for games because it had better graphics and the Playstation controler hurt my hands. But now I am 110% for XBox
the futer king of the gaming world.

I thought I was the only one who hated those controllers, they couldn't have made them any worse in my opinion.

Oh and I was the same exact way when I found out about X-Box "wow something actually forking the change *well ok $650 worth* over for and owning for a change"

WynnFire
11-04-2001, 11:55 PM
When I first heard that Microsoft was coming out with a videogame system, I thought they were kidding. I thought that it was a bunch of crap. I saw the specs and thought it was just BS. I thought that for about 2 weeks. Then I saw the tech demos and lately video footage of games, and actually being able to see the thing in person and experiencing it. I'm in awe. It's incredible.

It's a truly Bad Ass Gaming Machine and I plan on getting it in the last week of this November. Let's just hope they ship 100,000 units every week like they said they would. Right now, I am not doubting it.

l Maximus l
11-05-2001, 11:00 AM
I remember the time before I saw XBox....I heard that Nintendo was coming out with a new system called the "Dolphin". What ever happened with that one? Maybe they just renamed it GameCube or changed the design altogether. I agree that Nintendo is a good company....but, knowing Nintendo, I think that they don't have things together very well over there. Personally, I think that Nintendo and Sony are trying to keep up with the pace of the XBox and could have released more innovative consoles if they truly wanted to.

In my opinion, it's too late. The XBox is a far better system and Sony and Nintendo are sure to have their hands full...a lot of sleepless nights to try and win gamers back like myself. I was a hardcore Nintendo and Sega fan (I'm still a Sega fan), but, the XBox has won me over...I believe that these feelings of mine represent a lot of people. It's all about "out with the old and in with the new". The XBox is truly the only console that can boast the status of a true next generation console. Consider all of the option and capabilities of it compared to the othe consoles. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

-Max

Snoopy7548
11-14-2001, 08:22 PM
when i first heard about the xbox, i thought it was gonna suck, but that was when the first info on it was released, within months i started to like it, and now i am buying one :)