PDA

View Full Version : Who here really cares that KOTOR is being delayed till 2003?

wweomaniac
08-12-2002, 08:08 PM
According to this forum post from LucasArts Producer Mike Gallo on the BioWare Forums, the upcoming Xbox RPG, Knights of the Old Republic has been delayed until 2003.
http://forums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=121122&forum=25

Things are moving along at a tremendous pace - a lot of work has been completed, but there is still a ton of work left to finish. The team at BioWare has been putting in a huge effort to bring this game out, and ever since E3 we've been reviewing the schedules and task lists in an effort to solidify our release date.

This has been a pretty lengthy process, but we're confident in our new release schedule of Spring '03 for the Xbox, and Summer '03 for the PC. This is a huge game with an epic story, and we want to be able to bring that entire experience to all of the fans that have been waiting so patiently for it. In the end, taking the extra time to deliver on that promise is what's most important, and both LucasArts and BioWare are committed to that promise.

I don't care much for this game right now. I bet a lot of gamers are highly anticipating this game, and I suppose that a little more time is good for any game. They could improve gamea lot more and make sure the game comes out solid.

Ultron-9
08-12-2002, 08:18 PM
I first thought this is a bad sign, but then I had to remember Morrowind suffered many delays, and look at what a gem that is.

Games of epic scale need lots of development time for polish and refinement. That way they don't end up having needless glitches that take away from the experience.

faceoff508
08-12-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
what does KOTOR stank for?

Knights of the Old Republic:)

Comic Book Guy
08-12-2002, 09:46 PM
I was angered at first, but then realized that I will have all kinds of Christmas money to buy it with by then, so what the hay. Plus, delay=improvemen!

lllSmokelll
08-12-2002, 09:49 PM
i never wanted KOTOR....star wars games suck

Hugh_Jass
08-12-2002, 10:39 PM
I care, but I can wait.

AmpedRider
08-13-2002, 07:55 AM
To tell you the truth i do really give a fock about KOTOR because I never really got into starwarz. But still sux its delayed 4 u guyz who want it:)

Woocifer
08-13-2002, 07:59 AM
I'm just getting sick of all these loose dates. I wish they wouldn't announce things so far ahead, get us all interested and looking forward to something and then depressing us when they push everything back...much like the Live thing along with this game...

And it ****es me off because there were NO good games in the past 4-5 months. And yes I mean Morrowind and Enclave and such... I actually bought Onimusha and had more fun with that than anything that has come out in the past half a year or so.

Thank god 2k3's are coming out soon...but if they keep pushing back titles in the coming months then we will have NO games and have to wait another half a year? If this happens, I'm seriously considering on putting my attention elsewhere rather than the Xbox.

It just feels like most of these games are throw backs and second hand... Mark of Kri came out for PS2, why can't we have games like that?

Nevermind, I'm just frustrated that I have to wait at least another month for anything of note to come out after I get NFL2k3. I'm not the biggest fan of football, but that game looks exceptional.

OppiumNitrates
08-13-2002, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Woocifer
I'm just getting sick of all these loose dates. I wish they wouldn't announce things so far ahead, get us all interested and looking forward to something and then depressing us when they push everything back...much like the Live thing along with this game...

Hey man thats just that way it is, the way the industry is

i want this game badly KOTOR looks like it will be fantastic they can delay it all they want if it comes out perfect, but if they delay it and it comes out like sh.t, then ill be p!ssed

cityson
08-13-2002, 09:34 AM
I went through a couple of first developement SWKOTOR screenshots and I realized the graphics and environments are extreme detailed.....No jaggies and stuff. If SWKOTOR delates until 2003, I think the grahipcs will be way better.....

No jaggies +Accurate model on the robot.
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/4418.jpg

Realtime shadows +Effects.
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/4413.jpg

Beautiful outdoor environments!
http://www.xboxaddict.com/screenshots/images/4416.jpg