PDA

View Full Version : Crime game coming to Xbox called Project B

faceoff508
08-12-2002, 08:13 PM
From Xbox365:

ok for those of you who dont know alot about these 2 games first of all heres the lowdown

project b is made by bunkasha (makers of wreckless) and was first mentioned in OXM UK summer issue where the rumor mole hinted at a new game (not wreckless 2) It was later written down in www.xbox2k.com the game itself is a free crime type game where you can get out of your car like in GTA. recently then new reports surfaced that the game was set to be shown soon and more details were revealed about it on xboxgamers.com and it looks like it will be out this year. the game has graphics that are absolutely gorgeous, beyond wreckless graphics and gameplay that focuses around free roaming crime. it takes place in a time when the world is going to end and if you were to do anything you want what kind of things would you do and what kinds of crime sprees would you go on? similar to GTA it has been hinted you'll be able to walk in and out of buildings but unlike GTA, you can get into basically any building in the city, you can even blow it up !!! the environment is almost completely destructable and its interactive. also as in wreckless you can use a vehicle for the destruction or you can get out of it and bomb something on your own.the story goes down as you are a hapless gang member who is living in a time when the world is going to be completely destroyed, and its inevitable the world is going to end soon. so there is a time set in which you can cause the mayhem all over the cities and do what you want. im not sure but i think theres different scenarios where you can alter the story how you want to though so its not always the same similar to the scenario system in wreckless. and they think this game will be revealed at the X02 according to xboxgamers.

true crimes streets of LA is made by activision the publisher who distributed wreckless to ps2. wreckless looks like crap on the ps2 by the way but anyway. true crimes is about a guy who's an outlaw in little tokyo and he must unravel a plot that has been done by gang members. you go around chasing different hong kong police and shooting people. it's a pretty open ended free system where you can follow people and rob them in order to get what you want. alot of the buildings are closed off to you so you can't access them, and some will reveal critical plot points. basically you run down street gangs, thugs, cops and other people standing in your way. its a darker kind of dead to rights game. there is free crime but you are limited in it because you must follow a path to your destination. i dont know how many vehicles are in it but one of them is a ferrari. theres this one time where you must kill this guy before he gets to a rendesvouz spot or you fail the mission and everyone dies. it's pretty cool but there isn't too much freedom and you spend most of your time in the various locations of china town so you don't really get to go all over LA like the name suggests. you'll meet alot of different bad guys/good guys along the way who you either kill or use to get what you want in that way its alot like shenmue. the characters are funny but some of them are drawn really bad. and true crimes streets of LA comes out in 2003. there are some differences in the xbox version of the game i think like some graphics and different voice overs i read that in OXM. but its kind of a free crime game with alot of different plots going on at once. it seems alot like shenmue mixed with dead to rights like i said. theres some different vehicles to like a motorcycle and i think one time you go to the boat (like in shenmue) and follow this guy who has been spying on the gangs. im pretty sure the title is multiplatform.

Looks like fun! Cant wait.

Knight
08-12-2002, 09:27 PM
half of what Xbox365 post is BS!!

lllSmokelll
08-12-2002, 10:20 PM
i hope it will be good!!

peejay2288
08-12-2002, 10:21 PM
That's too much to read! I'll just wait until a commercial comes out. BTW: what dummy rated this thread. Is it really that good?

Metroid
08-13-2002, 03:13 PM
Didn't wreckless really suck?

EHWfedPres
08-13-2002, 08:37 PM
I like Wreskless to no, it did not suck.

Project B sounds cool...but we probably wont get half the crap they promise...as usual

Alien
08-13-2002, 08:38 PM
Hey, EHW, look at your post count as of right now...

That's funny. You should start posting again in the RPG forums. :)