PDA

View Full Version : Controller Impressions?

mojo__31
11-02-2001, 02:33 PM
I have already purchased a second Xbox controller, the Microsoft one, and am just curious what others think of it. I really like it except for two things. One, the triggers have to much play for my tastes, they won't be good for real quick moves. Secondly, the black and white button are hard to reach for me. The controllers size feels good to me for the joysticks and the main buttons, but I have a hard time reaching the black and white ones as I have smaller hands. I am probably gonna buy two more of the Mad Katz pro controllers so I can have 4 people play, and from what I have read it is similiar in size to the original ones. I like the Mad Katz Pro model as it has programmable macros which will be needed in games like DOA3 I think.

l Maximus l
11-02-2001, 02:48 PM
All I know is that I think the new XBox controllers are better than sex.............................well...pretty close :D

Pimpn419
11-02-2001, 03:00 PM
I really don't remember where I saw It.. but I saw the sweetest Xbox controller ever!!

At first I didn't know If I liked It or not.. It had clear green triangles.. one on the left, the right, the top, and the bottom forming an X across the controller that looked really wicked!!! The X went across where the xbox logo's are on the standard controller.. the sweetest thing I've ever seen.. except for the xbox of coarse!

If anyone knows where I can find this controller please send me the link...

Thanks,

-Matt

l Maximus l
11-02-2001, 03:48 PM
Pimpn...hmmm...I'm not sure... but, one thing to consider: If you ever go to a buddy's house and he doesn't have the same after-market controller and you happen to forget yours, think about how strange the game would be to play if you are not used to the handle but are killer at the game! There's nothing more frusterating...know what I mean?

mojo__31
11-02-2001, 03:59 PM
Very good point Maximus. As much as Macros and such are good to help in games, if you get used to playing that way and go to a friends house, or have to use a standard controller for some reason, it would be hard to play as well without macros. That is a strong point to stick with standard controllers.

scarecrow kfj
11-02-2001, 04:18 PM
I will be the only one having an exbox amongst my friends so I will buy some stanard for them but I am going to get a special controller for me

Xboxmaster2001
11-02-2001, 04:25 PM
the controller fit my hands perfectly so thats good when i get online so i can kick some ass in fever and any other game i play online

l Maximus l
11-02-2001, 04:33 PM
Yeah...I'm sticking with the XBox controllers.

Jason1010
11-02-2001, 04:44 PM
I personally thought it was the best controller design i have seen second only to the n64... however, the xbox controller is more comfy :D

Pimpn419
11-02-2001, 05:08 PM
the controller I was talking about Is identical to the standard xbox controller.. the only differecne Is they drop the green logo In the middle and put a big X across the whole controller...

-Matt

l Maximus l
11-02-2001, 05:43 PM
Cool, Pimpn...I'll see if I can locate it...

Dan Livingston
11-02-2001, 06:17 PM
Really, can you guys ever remember a standard controller you didn't like? even the square nes pad was fine.

Rancey
11-02-2001, 07:05 PM
Maximus, I know what you mean. For the 64 I had 2 third-party controllers and it was strange changing from one to another, although they were still good for $5 each:)

XERO
11-03-2001, 08:46 AM
for all the games that i have been able to play at software etc., i have found the controller to be: very sturdy, responsive, well thought out in design, and a nice fit in my very large hands. quite frankly, i do not understand what the BFD is/was about the controller being poorly executed.

xboxlover
11-03-2001, 08:53 AM
Hey maximus u shouldn't of said that the controllers are like sex because now i have a funny picture of some bloke ejaculatin with a controller hahahaha,.

Gan29
11-03-2001, 09:34 PM
I think the controller is pretty good. It did take a little while to get used to it, probably about 20 to 30 mins, but after that I stopped thinking about it. I've played several different games for the Xbox and one thing I noticed the most about the controller is that after playing Halo for more than 4 hours straight, my hands weren't tired. In fact there wasn't any red marks on them either. It is a big controller, but over time you'll get used to it. Just like people had to get used to the design of the N64, PSone, & DC controllers.

BloodBath
11-04-2001, 02:00 AM
My first impression was "Why is the "X" in the middle made out of cardboard"?