PDA

View Full Version : National Halo Tournament

l Maximus l
08-12-2002, 11:36 PM
Hey fellow addicts...I'm curious to see if any of you have participated in the national Halo tournament.

I got asked to play after a buddy of mine, who was on the list, couldn't make it.

I passed round 1 and progressed to round 2. The first game was Sidewinder, all vehicles, standard weapons, and radar. I came in second place with 24 kills and 3 deaths. The first place dude, of course, had 25 kills and 11 deaths. He barely beat me, but, fortunately, I was able to progress to round 2 since the 1st and 2nd place winners are able to progress.

Round 2 was Crazy King at Blood Gulch, all vehicles, standard weapons (Plasma pistol was the starting weapons - the one that charges up), and radar. In this game, I found my ass gently placed into a sling and then handed to me :D I came in sixth place after I discovered that the 1st and 2nd place dudes teamed up. Oh well...bad draw of competition.

Round 3...I wasn't in it, but, the map and rules were Sidewinder Snipers, no shield, and 10 kills. All of these rounds include a total of 8 players free for all.

So, who played in the tournament and who is still playing!!??!

lllSmokelll
08-12-2002, 11:41 PM
i havent played halo in months...i probly suck now :(

peejay2288
08-12-2002, 11:47 PM
What's the point of the "you gotta be 17" rule? That sucks! I could be making an easy 10 grand!

Sodacider
08-13-2002, 12:10 AM
every 12 year old thinks like that:p

chili325
08-13-2002, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Sodacider
every 12 year old thinks like that:p HAHAHAHAHAHA.....I find that humurous.

AmpedRider
08-13-2002, 08:07 AM
every 12 year old thinks like that

lol lol ;) good one dude.

OppiumNitrates
08-13-2002, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Maximus-XBA
I came in sixth place after I discovered that the 1st and 2nd place dudes teamed up. Oh well...bad draw of competition.

i read on xbox.com in the newsgroup that is wasnt run so well and people teamed up alot(which it said in the rules was illegal) and also people wanted a random seating in the rounds so they didn have to play and eliminate their friends that they play againt all the time but they didnt get it . . . . oh well

ride
08-13-2002, 12:19 PM
5th place in the 1st round, but only because I made a couple of stupid mistakes, and lost at least two double kills :(

friend of mine made it to the 3rd game but I havn't talked him yet to find out if he progressed.

Chicken_
08-13-2002, 03:06 PM
I too got through round 1 despite my opponents teaming up & spanw raping I went 19-7, then in round 2 I found it uttlery ridiculous to have all the vehicles.There again I played in Crazy King @ blood gultch where I was eliminated due to the double team. I placed 5th with 1:56 . Apperently the organizers of this event did not do a very good job of keeping this skill based.I was defeated by guy who would stay in the ghost and collect timemeanwhile having their buddy in the tank shooting all the guys running 4 the hill.Long story short I didn't collect time on the hill due to the time I spent having to kill the guys in the tanks 1st.

O well its over don't want to whine but I will say it was in no way skill based.

OppiumNitrates
08-13-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Chicken
I too got through round 1 despite my opponents teaming up & spanw raping I went 19-7, then in round 2 I found it uttlery ridiculous to have all the vehicles.There again I played in Crazy King @ blood gultch where I was eliminated due to the double team. I placed 5th with 1:56 . Apperently the organizers of this event did not do a very good job of keeping this skill based.I was defeated by guy who would stay in the ghost and collect timemeanwhile having their buddy in the tank shooting all the guys running 4 the hill.Long story short I didn't collect time on the hill due to the time I spent having to kill the guys in the tanks 1st.

O well its over don't want to whine but I will say it was in no way skill based.

Good to hear coming from someone who played in the torny that my prediction came true, as i have said from the begining heres a link: link (http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18261&highlight=Halo+tournament)

and as u can see i didnt edit that message . . . . . :cool: . . . . . i wish i had the $$$$ and knew the right people, cauz i would run a the best torny's ever, Fok these *** rules