PDA

View Full Version : Change Your Name to Turok???

SkoalMint
08-13-2002, 08:09 AM
Found this here (http://www.xbox365.com/news/zcomment.cgi?article=EpkAEZAulFxychycvD). Sorry if it has been posted before. I did a search and couldn't find any mention of the site. But anyway....

Any takers????

------------------------------------------------------
In a global advertising first, Acclaim UK has today revealed that it is looking for adventurous individuals to change their names by deed poll to Turok, in recognition of the epic video game series and to commemorate the launch of Turok Evolution, available for the Xbox in September 2002.

The new marketing technique is known as Identity Marketing and in the same way as a company might buy a billboard hoarding, newspaper space or some television airtime to promote a new product, Acclaim is looking to buy the identities of five individuals.

A website has gone live at www.mynameisturok.co.uk for willing pioneers of this new form of advertising to find out more information about Identity Marketing™ and to register their interest in being considered for the Turok project.

Five people will be selected from the many thousands who are expected to volunteer. Acclaim will manage the legal process to change their names to Turok and issue them with their new identities. The successful people will receive £500, Xbox and a copy of Turok Evolution. They will then go about their everyday lives as living adverts for the video game.

Shaun White, UK Communications Manager for Acclaim, said: “We are looking for applicants who want to experience the kudos of being pioneers in advertising, who are willing to step beyond the leading edge of marketing practice. The video games industry has a habit of always striving for newer and more unique ways of targeting customers and with Identity Marketing™ I think we’ve topped the lot.”

Applications to take part in the Turok project can only be made via www.mynameisturok.co.uk. The closing date for entries is September 2nd, which will enable all successful applicants to have their new identity in time for the launch of Turok Evolution on September 6th.

Alien
08-13-2002, 08:12 AM
I like what this guy said about it:

Name: satanslovetool Heckler
Date: 8/12/2002
Snoop: 205.188.196.46 - RA
Comment:
Hello, I have no self respect, please change my name to help you sell ****, its not queer its "bold"....Anywho, what kind of controler is that in the picture? It looks nice. Is it any good?