PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Store Clerks

mojo__31
11-02-2001, 03:25 PM
Another topic that is frustrating. If you go to a dedicated gaming store like Funcoland, Soft. Etc. and so on, the clerks are pretty knowledgable on the systems as they are gaming geeks themselves. However if you go to a department store they are so clueless its funny, its a wonder they can make a sale, lol. When I was playing the demo of Rogue Leader on the Gamecube at Walmart, a guy behind me said whoa nice graphics and asks the clerk how much a system like that costs, the clerk answers, well it aint cheap, that one will set you back $400. I turned around and said "What?" I told the guy the Gamecube costs $199, and the clerk goes, "Oh Really" "Cool". Man these guys need a clue, no wonder they are stuck working at a Walmart.

l Maximus l
11-02-2001, 03:27 PM
lol, Mojo...what do you expect? Doesn't Wal-Mart pay $3.00 an hour?!?! lol

mojo__31
11-02-2001, 03:29 PM
No, suprisingly Walmart pays between $8 to $12 starting wages depending on the area you work here. However, Walmart does specialize in hiring older people, and those with either physical or mental disabilities. This guy however was about 18 and other than IQ, he seemed normal, lol.

l Maximus l
11-02-2001, 03:42 PM
Mojo...it appears that the dude was working in the wrong department. I work part-time in an Electronics store but, I actually have a high level of interest with Electronics (Gaming consoles, TVs, DVDs and the like). It seemed like the guy you bumped into that worked there should have been filling slurpee cups instead! lol

mojo__31
11-02-2001, 04:08 PM
What the clerk did though is one of my biggest pet peeves, and I see it everyday in my job unfortunately. I hate it when someone asks a question, and the person gives an answer like they know what they are talking about so the person beleives them. How hard is it to say I really don't know sir, let me check. Or I am not sure, but I think it is....., or we don't know yet what the price is set to as it won't be out for two weeks. I hate it when people make up answers and try to sound like they know something.

l Maximus l
11-02-2001, 04:37 PM
Yeah, I hate that, too. I think there should also be a weight limit with some of these dudes in the Walmart game section. The only thing I have run into is some big fat barney ass Nintendo fanboy or someone who has no clue about gaming consoles.

rivalius13
11-03-2001, 07:19 AM
that guy is real dumb. they shouldnt talk if they dont know

Spades
11-03-2001, 11:18 AM
you think thats bad...my g/f's grandma works at meijer and she said they hired a guy who can read or write. how will he be able to do anything?

sir what isle is the beer in? beer is in ummm...how do you spell beer?lol

Xbox M.D.
11-03-2001, 09:40 PM
Haha, this guy @ a local Wal-Mart pointed to an XP brochure and was like, "I that for the XBox?". Dumb! There was no black or green!

Xbox M.D.
11-03-2001, 09:41 PM
Or the word box!

BloodBath
11-04-2001, 01:36 AM
Im sorry to interupt your Wal-Mart associate bashing, but being as i work there, i have to say that you guys need to cut these people some slack....

Im pretty sure alot of the associates at Wal-Mart dont spend most of there free time reading gamecube specs on the Internet while anticipating the launch.

"...no wonder they are stuck working at a Walmart."

^What the fuc are you talking about, starting off at $7.50 is a good wage.. not to mention benifits. And most of the people who stayed with wal-mart end up with great paying management jobs or other careers that wal-mart helped them with.

And that guy you talked to was either training, in the wrong department, or was trying to stop the kid from buyin a gamecube by giving him a totally outragous price.Maybe he was a retard.

Every 15 min. break i get, i go to the Xbox demo stand and watch Halo while spreading the Xbox love onto my costumers. I asked the costomer service guy questions about the xbox and he new everything he needed to know.

It depends on who you ask. Dont look down on everyone cause they dont know anything about next-gen systems.

btw... i got hired a month ago at age 16, man... to bad im "Stuck" at wal-mart and not working a fulfilling minimum-wage job at burger king.