PDA

View Full Version : New to RPGs and Morrowind

weweber3
08-13-2002, 12:58 PM
I just purchased a copy of Morrowind on a whim to see what RPGs are all about. I really have taken a liking to Morrowind. My problem is this... I am kinda clueless when it comes to what all these spells do and the magicka, help!

I have been killing people and taking the things in thier house and selling them to traders and getting the gold. From there I have been buying special rings and weapons that I can use agaisnt others to steal their stuff basically.

I have figured out that I should NOT kill the store owners because then I have a bounty on my head. So I am looking for help, not a walk through but more an explaination of what everything is and how to use it, because just killing people is not any fun.

Also some of these items I have say.....
"resist magicka on self for 5 secs"... does this mean I have to cast it every 5secs? I find all these items and dont know what to do with them...

I have managed to join a couple guilds (got kicked out of the thieves guild, don't know how; belong to the imperial guard, mages guild)

Only serious responses please. Thank you.

masterchief2064
08-13-2002, 01:27 PM
Read the booklet that came with the game and try to do some quests and read about the different magic schools

weweber3
08-13-2002, 01:34 PM
I have... twice. Really I am not a moron, I just am very confused about the magic and spells. Also the summoning (sp?) of creatures, I do not know how this works. I get the feeling like you have to have played the first two games to get this one. Do you know of any guides (not walkthroughs!) online?

weweber3

Dre
08-13-2002, 01:38 PM
try www.gamefaqs.com. They'll probably have guides, walkthroughs, codes and everything for Morrowind. Also, if you are still having problems, try the official morrowind forums at www.morrowind.com.

weweber3
08-13-2002, 01:41 PM
Let me give you an example...

Bonemeal...
-Restore Agility
-Telekinisis
-Drain Fatigue
-Drain Personality

Do I eat this to Restore my Agility and then my fatigue and personality is effected negatively? What about telekinisis....

I just don't know what effect this stuff has on me..

weweber3

frostedflakes
08-13-2002, 01:58 PM
the effects won't be permanent, so experiment.

http://www.m0use.net/~uesp/morrow/hints/morhints.shtml

^ very helpful site ^

faqs for enchanting, potion making, and much more.

morrowind is a big game, so don't expect to learn it in one day. good luck!