PDA

View Full Version : Tournament/League for NFL2K3 in the works...

Nas
08-13-2002, 05:16 PM
What's up fellow future-NFL2K3 gamers? I have prepurchased NFL2K3 and am anxiously awaiting it since I played it at Babbage's on PS2 yesterday. It was awesome. It can only get better on Xbox! :D

Anyways, I am wanting and looking into creating a successful online league/place for people who aren't involved in other official leagues or whatever to play in tournaments and stuff. Hopefully this came will be system link compatable (a.ka. XBconnect compatible) because when Xbox Live comes out, I'm sure it'll have its own more popular leagues.

Anyways, since school is starting for me tomorrow I'll be working on it when I have time. I plan on starting the website something this weekend or early next week. I'm gonna put up a mesage board/forum for you all to post constructive criticism and help me out. It's only the second website i've made before, lol.

Well anyways, for any and all who are interested in joining and playing, once i get just the basic page up, i'll post the link and let you all just see what ideas i have.

Thanks...peace:)

peejay2288
08-13-2002, 06:28 PM
We already have a league going right now. I think there's 1 or 2 teams left. Nas is the most real rappper out right now. "All I need is one mic"...

Nas
08-13-2002, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by peejay2288
We already have a league going right now. I think there's 1 or 2 teams left. Nas is the most real rappper out right now. "All I need is one mic"...

Thanks, but I know there is a league already started. I know its gonna be cool too, but I thought I'd try to make one of my own. I'm not trying to compete with the other league. It's just for those who didn't get to play in the official league, or those who didn't get the team they wanted. And the ideas i have some of you might think they are interesting. I'm just asking those who aren't in a league that want to play. you can also be in a league already and still play in the one i might create. Once I get the basic part of the site up, you all can take a look and tell me what you think.

peace:)

cadetlinux
08-14-2002, 07:05 PM
i'll be the eagles in your league :)

redrum237
08-15-2002, 01:28 AM
wooooooooooo horray i was so sad that i didnt get in the other league. now i can be in this one. Horray.

when u start it I want raiders

oh and you need the coolo avatar logos like the other league, but differnt so we can tell the 2 leagues apart, yeah.

:p

peejay2288
08-15-2002, 12:14 PM
I'll go ahead and grab the Cowboys. I don't mind being in two leagues.:)

Nas
08-15-2002, 04:55 PM
alright, cool! I'm glad to see that you all are interested! I almost gave up, but now i'm going to go to work on it for sure! I'm going to try to start working on the website this weekend. This sucks that the game didn't come with system link play though. But, that gives me more time to work on the site and the league details and to practice since we are gonna have to wait until live comes out. i got the game yesterday, and i suck at it sooooo bad lol. I'll let you all know when i finish the opening page on the site so you can read some of my ideas and maybe post some yourself. peace

oh yeah, i'll try to work on the avatars.

Nas
08-18-2002, 01:48 PM
whats up again guys. i was just letting you know what the icons are going to look like. Tell me what you think :D i am not the Texans, i'm just using that one as a demonstration and preview for all of you to see what the icons are going to look like. Minor changes here and there might be made. depending on the icon, they PL and 2K3 are going to be in different places. i might add color to some, but i'm thinking the way it looks is fine.

The league will be called, "Platinum League 2K3", because we all know......platinum is the best of the best :p hehe, anyways, i think the icons fit the name. work on the site is set to begin this week when time allows it, and i'm working on all of the icons also. i'll keep you updated.

peace

redrum237
08-18-2002, 10:15 PM
Sweet, im gonna get an Avatar thingy.

:cool:

KingAvi2k3
08-19-2002, 01:14 PM
PlatLea2k3 look better than plain PL2k3. I still want the Jets. The native New Yorker I'm, but reside in San Diego,Ca now

headgamer
08-19-2002, 01:29 PM
Hey, I'll take on a team in the league...

I got dibs on the Titans....

Sign me up and keep posted...

HG...

redrum237
08-28-2002, 01:40 AM
Hey are you still ALIVE?? ::poke with stick::

:confused:

redrum237
08-28-2002, 01:41 AM
damn crackbaby i didnt want a smiley face, i wanted a P

Pipetender
08-28-2002, 06:52 AM
When you league is getting ready I would like dibs on the Dolphins.

Nas
08-29-2002, 06:38 PM
hey everyone. yep i'm still alive, and sorry i haven't posted for a while to keep anyone updated. i just have been really busy with school and i'm sorry about not workin on the site. i still plan on makin the league, since i still got a good full 2 months to work on it. thanks for keeping interested though and as soon as i can, i'll update you all. peace

KingAvi2k3
08-29-2002, 06:50 PM
I see you're still alive. Remember I want the Jets. I see the Dolphins and I will be doing battle...............lol Just great! I can't wait for season to start. Well, keep in touch so we all know you're alive and kickin too! later dogg!

KingAvi2k3
08-29-2002, 07:12 PM
Hey Pipetender,
I like your Dolphins avatar. Where can I get one for my Jets. I will be a member of PL2k3 in November. I'm not a member of the other NFL2k3 league. I was only using their Jets avatar to show I'm a Jets fan. I was born and raise in New York City. I live in San Diego,Ca. I came up in the same project as NAS, he came much later. I believe he move there in 1978 or 1979. Yes, I was raise in Queenbridge Project in Long Island City Queens New York. I left Queenbridge Housing Project and join the Navy in 1980. I'm 42 now and hooked on sega football!

Nas
08-29-2002, 08:31 PM
just keepin ya updated...i should be able to work on the site alot this weekend since its a 3 day weekend. i am apologizing again for not being on for a while...it's just senior year, and i need to be hittin the books, and 2 weeks into school, it's already tryna kick my a$$. but don't worry, during the holiday season the site will be up and we will be havin fun play that sh*t online together. well i'll get back at you later...peace

Pipetender
08-29-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by KingAvi2k3
Hey Pipetender,
I like your Dolphins avatar. Where can I get one for my Jets. I will be a member of PL2k3 in November. I'm not a member of the other NFL2k3 league. I was only using their Jets avatar to show I'm a Jets fan. I was born and raise in New York City. I live in San Diego,Ca. I came up in the same project as NAS, he came much later. I believe he move there in 1978 or 1979. Yes, I was raise in Queenbridge Project in Long Island City Queens New York. I left Queenbridge Housing Project and join the Navy in 1980. I'm 42 now and hooked on sega football!

I got it from http://www.aimicons.net go to the "N" part and look for NFL 2 I think for the Jets.

Zero
08-30-2002, 09:17 PM
i got the 49ers :cool:

Nas
08-30-2002, 11:43 PM
Just keeping you updated here. I got some major work done on the site the past two days. I hope you guys like what you are going to see soon!

I need some help though from anyone....where can I find a good place to get a Forum or message boards for the website? Please post any you can think of, thanks.

So far, here is who i have signed up:

cadetlinux - Eagles
redrum237 - Raiders
peejay2288 - Cowboys
KingAvi2k3 - Jets
Pipetender - Dolphins
headgamer - Titans
Zero - 49ers (I heard that you didn't like this game though..?)
Nas - Steelers or Seahawks (undecided)

Since headgamer and cadetlinux took my teams :( i'm going to be the Steelers or the Seahawks, I haven't decided yet. But if one of the two don't reply anytime soon i'll be taking the Eagles.

i'll report back soon.....remember to please list any places where i can get a forum (free) for the site! thanks!
Peace out..

redrum237
08-30-2002, 11:51 PM
for message boards try
ezboards.com
proboards.com

thats all i can think of off the top of my head.

KingAvi2k3
08-31-2002, 09:08 AM
Zero,

The league is going to be great. Hang in there, everything will workout with you. Please practice a little more and you'll see.
If you practice. You'll love this game. Passing is all about touch and timing. If you're getting blitz by your opponent, you might not have enough time to complete the pass. On Rookie setting you'll catch a pass 9 out 10 time. On Pro or All Pro level, passing is difficulty. You have to work a little harder on these level. Sometime your need to take control of the receiver to complete a pass. Just practice a liitle more. I believe you'll do fine. Remember Sega NFL2k3 is the best video football game around. Even much better on Xbox. Keep the faith, NFL2k3 is the way to go. Aiight dogg!

Zero
08-31-2002, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by KingAvi2k3
Zero,

The league is going to be great. Hang in there, everything will workout with you. Please practice a little more and you'll see.
If you practice. You'll love this game. Passing is all about touch and timing. If you're getting blitz by your opponent, you might not have enough time to complete the pass. On Rookie setting you'll catch a pass 9 out 10 time. On Pro or All Pro level, passing is difficulty. You have to work a little harder on these level. Sometime your need to take control of the receiver to complete a pass. Just practice a liitle more. I believe you'll do fine. Remember Sega NFL2k3 is the video football game around. Even much better on Xbox. Keep the faith, NFL2k3 is the way to go. Aiight dogg!

ya i'll keep trying

but dont expect me to come in first place or anything :D

KingAvi2k3
08-31-2002, 10:04 AM
Zero,
I was once an rookie with NFL2k1. My step-son turn me on to the game. I still remember buying the game and dreamcast system from Best Buy. I loss 4 games to my step-son. I would play my step-son who went 15-1 with his Ravens, but loss the Super Bowl to the Raiders 14-10 in the San Diego League(SDL#1) first season. I would get my butt kick left and right, but I hang in there. I know, I would get alot better in time. Just didn't have enought games played to be as good. Always gave it my best no matter what. Plus, always use the Jets from beginning to the end.

In January of 2001 I join a league call San Diego League(SDL#2) second season. I must say, it was a great league. well discipline. Total respect for other players. Anyway, I went 0-9 and then the league fold, because it was time for people to pay to play. 75% of the players left the league hanging. It was only $21 monthly. I guess 75% of the players must of been on food stamp or sometime.

Don't worry about your recond, everyone can't make to the playoff. I just want to play hard and have fun doing it. Good relationship with other players online. If you need pointer, I be glad to help you buddy.

Nas
08-31-2002, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the message board sites...i'm goin to look into those today. oh, by the way, cadetlinux, i'm sorry, but i desperatly want to play with the eagles! they are the only team who i know very well, and i love them. so if u don't mind, i'd like to be the eagles. if you just CAN'T be with out them, then talk to me, but if not, I'm going to be the eagles in PL2K3.

KingAvi2k3
08-31-2002, 11:28 AM
I send you a private message, did you receive it?

Nas
08-31-2002, 01:50 PM
yup king, i got it :) i'll get back to ya on that later. but right now i need your help everyone!
I am using a proboards.com message board, but having trouble uploading the avatar from my comp. it says

Select one or specify a web path (ex: http://www.mypage.com/mypic.gif) to your own image. Please note that your image must be gif or jpg and that it will be resized.

now how can you upload a picture from your computer using that type of message board instead of having to enter a web address like it says?

redrum237
08-31-2002, 01:52 PM
No, I don't think you can, but if you want you can send the image to me and ill host it for you.

Nas
08-31-2002, 02:04 PM
man, that would be awesome redrum! :) so can i send you all the pics and u can host them all for us? I would send you the 32 avatars and their filenames, and the members could use them from your address. tell me what you think about that man. thanks!

redrum237
08-31-2002, 02:06 PM
Yeah sounds good.

E-Mail them to me at MACHINE237@aol.com

Pipetender
08-31-2002, 04:02 PM
Post when you get them up so everyone can get theirs. :)

Craig35_007
09-06-2002, 11:52 PM
If you still have room and the pats aren't taken, I"ll take the defending super bowl champs!

peace

KingAvi2k3
09-07-2002, 12:10 PM
Go a head and sign up!