PDA

View Full Version : Sega Nfl2k3 Beats Nfl Fever 2003 Like A Redheaded Stepchild!

GO BUCCS!!!
08-13-2002, 05:16 PM
gamespot gives nfl2k3 a 9.1 !!!!!!!

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,560965,00.html

and thus 2k3 layeth the smackdown on fever 2003, much like a redheaded stepchild gets beaten on by big daddy.
;)

Xbox Owner
08-13-2002, 05:54 PM
yea..but ps2's got a 9.6:rolleyes: :(

DZNUTZ
08-13-2002, 05:57 PM
how the hell did that happen?!?!
xbox's version oviously has the best online features
and gamespot even said in their review that it was the best graphically superior over the other 2 versions...
ya know that crap really ****es me off.:mad:

peejay2288
08-13-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner

party pooper:mad:

borka105
08-13-2002, 06:32 PM
have you played 2k3? NO.

so

SH&T THE F UP.

Play it and then say it.

-Borka105

No need to diss another game, when you haven't even played the one you're praising.

it's like a 2 year old.

-Borka105

robnyack
08-13-2002, 08:02 PM
I played Fever 03, and I gotta tell ya, it's not good.

I just traded it in for NFL2k3 as a matter of fact :)

Fred Gasman
08-13-2002, 08:21 PM
I have the Dreamcast 2k football series and they rock! When it comes to football, sega knows what their doing. But EA still runs the hockey games.
If Feaver03 is anything like Feaver02, I don't want to play it.

borka105
08-13-2002, 09:37 PM
so you guys haven't played 2k3?

So you have no right commenting on this thread.

I had sega 2k2 for dc, madden2002 for xbox, and fever 2002 for xbox......

When it comes to true football gameplay, nothing comes closer than fever 2003. I should know........I had season tickets to the redskins.....third row up.

-Borka105

Fatal-Error
08-13-2002, 09:45 PM
It all depends on the reviewer too. 2 different people 2 different tastes. What they should do is like EGM get 3 people to review each item.

CharlieHustle
08-13-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by borka105

When it comes to true football gameplay, nothing comes closer than fever 2003. I should know........I had season tickets to the redskins.....third row up.

-Borka105

You must be drunk or sumthin, My lil brother just bought an xbox, and he bought nfl fever 2002 a week and a half ago. He just called me today that he is tired of that stupid ass game that he wished he didnt but it for $29(of course i laughed cuz i told him not to get it). I told him to get at least college football or madden, but now he wont be able to get it until like next week. To top it off, its the only game he has for the xbox. So, as a big brother, im goin to give him my college football, and ill trade in my WSB game so i can get the college football back or maddem , or nfl 2k3(fever is not even a consideration, its for kids). To make a long story short, Fever is garbage.

CajunIsRagin
08-13-2002, 10:09 PM
NfL 2K3 Rocks.I got it today.I know its not suppose to go on sell until 8/14/02 but I have a friend who works for Comp USA and they have had them in the stores since this past Saturday.He got me a copy early.I told him dude If they find out you hacked a copy from the store, your out of a job and the store will be fined.But he don't care.So I can officially say that I have played it and playing it now(halftime) and its a great game and If you like football, you will really enjoy this game.

Chaotic
08-13-2002, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by AloneInTheDark
How can I become part of the nfl 2k3 clan thingy?

Go to the xbox live forum and look on page one and go trhough the threads and read up a little on whats going on. ;)

Zion
08-13-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by XBox Owner

Hmm.. I wonder why...I guess Gamespot being on Sony's payroll has nothing to do with it ;)

borka105
08-13-2002, 10:27 PM
saying that fever is garbage is like saying that all football games are garbage.

Football games are 99% identical.

That 1% is what seperates them apart.

I never said 2k3 was garbage. I'll probably end up with both. I am just ****ed off about people posting bull sh*t on stuff they haven't played.

-Borka105

wweomaniac
08-13-2002, 10:34 PM
saying that fever is garbage is like saying that all football games are garbage.

Football games are 99% identical.

That 1% is what seperates them apart.

I never said 2k3 was garbage. I'll probably end up with both. I am just ****ed off about people posting bull sh*t on stuff they haven't played.

-Borka105
the main thing that ****es me off about Fever is how it's overrated and the passing!!!!!! GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't throw a bullet to someone 35+ yards away. Button sensitivty should be a matter. The ball makes like a giant unrealistic arc that would give time for any corner to pick it off. That's why I HATE Fever. You know... it was on my wanted list until I learned that they didn't fix that.

DZNUTZ
08-14-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Fred Gasman
I have the Dreamcast 2k football series and they rock! When it comes to football, sega knows what their doing. But EA still runs the hockey games.
If Feaver03 is anything like Feaver02, I don't want to play it.

damn straight ea still owns hockey games...btw borka..that redskin/fever most realistic football game comment was complete horsechit.

no offense..but is was.

Shadylx
08-14-2002, 02:20 AM
but fever owns system link thats why i got it. its a blast i love beating my friends in the same room

silvaman
08-14-2002, 02:43 AM
bah

virusag13
08-14-2002, 08:52 AM
Doesn't matter which one is better, I always buy the Visual Concept games. I just love the Sega Sports series.

Dre
08-14-2002, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by wweomaniac

the main thing that ****es me off about Fever is how it's overrated and the passing!!!!!! GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!!! You can't throw a bullet to someone 35+ yards away. Button sensitivty should be a matter. The ball makes like a giant unrealistic arc that would give time for any corner to pick it off. That's why I HATE Fever. You know... it was on my wanted list until I learned that they didn't fix that.

Don't you just like hold the button down to throw a bullet?

wweomaniac
08-14-2002, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by Dre

Don't you just like hold the button down to throw a bullet? no man.... it throws a big arc.

Like in Madden... if you pushed down really hard and quickly... it'll throw a more shallow (but faster) pass. It makes a big difference. I don't see why Fever can't do that. The arcs would allow corners to get interceptions so easily. Luckily, Microsoft made the Defensive AI so dumb, it doesn't even matter.

borka105
08-14-2002, 12:03 PM
I just have a question so ask you guys/gals. Those that are complaining about fever- Have you played fever 2003 yet?

The gameplay in fever2003 has changed drastically. No more long ball touchdowns. The defensive AI has been greatly improved.

This is why I like fever- If you have EVER been to a REAL FOOTBALL game-

* The speed in nfl fever is true to life. 2k3 and Madden2003 is slow motion football. Football is fast game, plays last several seconds.
*The running game in fever is most balanced of any football game
*The passin game although the football arc should be fixed is realistic in the fact that you don't throw the ball right to your player like Sega, and Madden but you throw it ahead or to the left or right of your player just like in real life.

When it comes to the franchise mode- Fever has the best franchise without a question. Sega lacks in franchise mode immensly.....

I like all the football games as they all ofer a different experience.

Their is no way you can say one of these games suck, because they are all great games....it's a matter of what you like better in football.

-Borka105

VAN
08-14-2002, 12:39 PM
I prefer 10-Yard Fight. :D

peejay2288
08-14-2002, 01:30 PM
I just have a question so ask you guys/gals. Those that are complaining about fever- Have you played fever 2003 yet?

The gameplay in fever2003 has changed drastically. No more long ball touchdowns. The defensive AI has been greatly improved.

This is why I like fever- If you have EVER been to a REAL FOOTBALL game-

* The speed in nfl fever is true to life. 2k3 and Madden2003 is slow motion football. Football is fast game, plays last several seconds.
*The passin game although the football arc should be fixed is realistic in the fact that you don't throw the ball right to your player like Sega, and Madden but you throw it ahead or to the left or right of your player just like in real life.

When it comes to the franchise mode- Fever has the best franchise without a question. Sega lacks in franchise mode immensly.....

I like all the football games as they all ofer a different experience.

Their is no way you can say one of these games suck, because they are all great games....it's a matter of what you like better in football.

-Borka105

i heard it sucks again this year!

xboxed79
08-14-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by VAN-XBA
I prefer 10-Yard Fight. :D

HA!
thanks for adding a little light to the subject...

SoccerCJM77
08-14-2002, 02:26 PM
:eek: Hey I own Halo, Gauntlet, Amped, and Crazy Taxi 3 so far

borka105
08-14-2002, 02:51 PM
Hey PEEJAY, I heard that the world is run by aliens.

:)

-Borka105

wweomaniac
08-14-2002, 03:53 PM

Speed? You wanna just quickly run up and down field? I don't like that. I wanna focus on getting a first down rather then going 30 yards on a 3rd and 10.

Running game good in Fever?? Appearantly, there's a major glitch where you can get tackled even when someone isn't even near. That's another big problem with Fever 2003.

And I don't even know what you're talking about with Madden and 2k3. You do throw the ball ahead of your player. If you threw it behind, it would be interecepted. It even shows the players catching it over their heads (making a spectacular play) in the instant replays...

Have you honestlyp layed Madden or 2k3?

Madden has the best franchise mode... lots of options... but 2k3 should have the best this year.

borka105
08-14-2002, 04:21 PM
Dude, the bottom line is that Fever's speed is true to life to real football. The point of a football video game is to capture real football. One of the greatest things about football is the faced nose to nose speed of it. Fever captures this the best.

And like I said, their are no 30 yards passes on 3rd and 10. That has been fixed. But, do you watch football games........? Do you watch Jeff Garcia throwing 30-50 yards bombs to Terryl Owens. Or Culpepper to Moss.......and a ton others.

If you can't admit that fever has the best running game in all football games, than you don't know real football. The blocking, and hole opening is the most realistic. Plus, the way players cut, and stagger is the most realistic and true to life to football.

Fever's franchise mode was said by many to be the best. Fever and Madden are coin flip for best franchise. But what seperates fevers franchise is the DPP, and the way it's easy to navigate.

AND..... yes I have played both fever2003, madden2003, and sega2k3.........I don't think you can say the same.

I will probably end up keeping both fever and 2k3.

I state the facts, I don't diss the games. I like all the football games, but some football games have things that are better than others.

-Borka105

borka105
08-14-2002, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by wweomaniac
but 2k3 should have the best this year.

No shoulds or woulds, lets state the facts here.

-Borka105

consolegamer
08-14-2002, 04:37 PM
I'm sorry but Fever is not in the same league as 2K3 or Madden. Why couldn't Fever use some great announcing teams like Madden and 2K3??? They have a basketball announcer announcing the game and it bites!!! The graphics are nice but very unrealistic. I own it, so I can state my opinion. It's not a bad game, but not a great game like the others. Maybe next year:cool:

By the way, I got 2K3 today and it's absolutely incredible. Madden is great as well but uses the ncaa engine. Not much has changed in Madden but 2K3 has really outdone itself this year

borka105
08-14-2002, 04:46 PM
console gamer, I agree with you.

I am not here to say that fever2003 is better than madden2003 or nfl2k3, I am here because the title of this thread is total b.s.

The person who posted this thread hasn't even played 2k3, and he is already using such harsh statement on another good game.

Fever 2003 is a good game and excels in some places that 2k3 doesn't. The same can be said for 2k3.

I have played both, and will own both.

Overall, I am very into fever's gameplay and franchise. 2k3 is a little confusing right now. The controlls are a little wierd and complicated, so I will have to get used to that. But the immersion that you get when playing the game is incredible. Both are definite keepers in my book. :)

-Borka105

consolegamer
08-14-2002, 07:56 PM
console gamer, I agree with you.

I am not here to say that fever2003 is better than madden2003 or nfl2k3, I am here because the title of this thread is total b.s.

The person who posted this thread hasn't even played 2k3, and he is already using such harsh statement on another good game.

Fever 2003 is a good game and excels in some places that 2k3 doesn't. The same can be said for 2k3.

I have played both, and will own both.

Overall, I am very into fever's gameplay and franchise. 2k3 is a little confusing right now. The controlls are a little wierd and complicated, so I will have to get used to that. But the immersion that you get when playing the game is incredible. Both are definite keepers in my book. :)

-Borka105

I just got finished playing Fever AFTER playing 2K3 and Madden. I must say that Fever's gameplay feels good after playing the other 2. There are alot of differences in Fever from last years. I put it this way. I have all three and LOVE all three. I have to admit that after I played Fever just now I really enjoyed it. I actually think (hard to say but true) that Fever made more changes(for the better) than Madden. I just love football and sometimes I'm in the mood to play Fever, Madden and 2K3 on different days. Try it after playing the other games and you'll see what I also have missed . A GREAT GAME OF FOOTBALL!!!

snork
08-14-2002, 11:48 PM
I returned Fever for 2k3 today. I liked Fever overall and had no problems w/ the gameplay, but the damn sound skipping is unexcusable. 2k3 animations alone spank Fever, nevermind the ESPN presentation, which is very TV like. Only problem I have w/ 2k3 so far is that twice now I've been burnt by the opposing team on 3rd and long w/ no time left to lose:( It's soo discouraging to hold a team till 3rd down only to have my DBs beat for a long bomb. And then they have no chance of catching up to the WR. Also, ALOT of tackles get broken in 2k3...and this works both for and against you.

JJaX
08-15-2002, 08:44 AM
I bought 2K3 yesterday. Its cool and all. But the gameplay is still weak compared to madden. Im returning it today and im going to wait for Dead to Rights.

Highlite23
08-17-2002, 09:17 AM

-Borka105

Borka, I love ya' man, but what does were you sit have to do with what you know about video football?;)

Anyway, i have to dissagree. First off, Madden can go jump in a lake with Sony & EA. Fever is ok, IMO, but Sega owns and 2K3 is, IMO, the best of the bunch.

Just to clarify, I have played them all, and choose the 2K series.:D

borka105
08-17-2002, 11:26 AM
sup, Highlite.

BTW, I was comparing the 2k2 series of football games, not the 2k3.

What I was trying to point out was that in terms of gamespeed, Fever is right on the money. Peopl have been complaining the Fever is too fast and arcadey, but the truth is that when you compare it to real football, the speed is realisitc.

NOW...............................

I bought my copy of sega 2k3 yesterday after renting it for several days. Well, after 4 hours of playing it, I am definitely more impressed than my initial thoughts. It's a definitely a must- have game for all f-ball fans.

I am still trying to work out the whole- How in the world do you penetrate the o-line to pressure the qb. I am sure that since you have the game, you know what I am talking about.

The game is amazing that's all I can say.

My main gripe with the thread was that the person was saying all these bad things about fever, when he hasn't even played either of the games.
--------------------------------------------------------

I should be recieving my nfl fever 2003 anyday from my bro :) (MS CONNECTION).

But odds are that fever2003 will be on the traders forum any day now :).

Fever2002 dominated in 2002, sega 2k3 wins the cup this year.

-Borka105

TIME
08-17-2002, 11:36 AM
I have been a football fan for more years than most of you here have been alive. I go all the way back to Dandy Don and Bullet Bob Hayes (for those who know football history you can tell I am a huge Cowboy fan). I have played at least a dozen different video football games over the years. Let me say that all three of this years games are awesome. I could only afford one of the three and I chose to buy Fever 2003. My decision was based on it being the only one of the three to be built from the ground up for the Xbox. This really shows in two areas: graphics and speed. For ME, both are critical in a football game. Of course, having system link so that I can do home LANS with my football buddies is only possible with Fever also.

I am not dissing either Madden or NFL2K3. If Fever did not exist I would be happy with either one. I think all three have strong and weak points. However, I have to agree with Borka105 that the title of this thread is kinda ridiculous.

Also, on one point about passing...bullet passes are do-able in Fever 2003...I have done them. You can determine both the speed of the pass with the button, and use the triggers to throw the pass high or low. The person who said this seemed to base their comments on Fever 2002 and what they had heard.

The bottom line is how FUN a game is to the one playing it. I am having a ton of fun with Fever. That's enough for me.