PDA

View Full Version : You Gota Read This Interview!

DOOM
11-02-2001, 09:47 PM
Electric Playground talks with Microsoft's Seamus Blackley about the Xbox in an interview that can only be described as electric. Seamus states that Japanese developer courtship is going well and the Xbox games lineup is getting better and better as each day passes. Here's a few quotes of note:
"...we could have done Gran Turismo 3 with twice as many cars and turn the effects on all of the time, but why would you want to do that? You want to use the power to fundamentally change the coolness of games."

"Japanese developers have started playing with the Xbox, the same as Tecmo did. We sent dev kits to Tecmo, and they had GameCube devkits and PS2 dev kits because they did DOA2 on the PS2. We got this mail saying 'Hey, we ported the engine over to the three platforms. On GameCube it gets about 65 frames or something, and on Xbox it gets about 130. So, we're happy with our Xbox. This is cool.'

We got a mail about three weeks later. 'It's now 300 frames, and we'd like to be exclusive, because we can now triple the resolution of our characters and we can have levels that go on and on and on in a way that we could never do on another platform.'"

Read The Rest Here:
http://www.elecplay.com/interview.html?article=7179

News From:
TXB...

WynnFire
11-04-2001, 02:21 AM
Because of that interview, it has re sparked my interest in Dead or Alive 3. Now I'm actually thinking of buying it. Before I just passed it as just another good looking fighter. Dead or Alive 2 on Dreamcast was cool but DOA3 on Xbox sounds like it can kick some ass.