PDA

View Full Version : Dragon's Lair 3D in HDTV; Only Xbox Game with 1080i

xboxtito
08-13-2002, 06:00 PM
Dragon's Lair 3D: Return to the Lair for Xbox will be the FIRST and ONLY Xbox title with 1080i HDTV compatibility. No one has experienced the full graphics power of the Xbox console yet, but Dragon's Lair 3D will show Xbox users how truly powerful the Xbox is. Dragon's Lair 3D is an all new 3D action adventure based on the world famous arcade game played by millions of fans worldwide, Dragon's Lair. Created by Don Bluth and Gary Goldman (Secret of Nimh, Titan AE, Land Before Time, etc.), Dragon's Lair 3D: Return to the Lair will feature new cut-scene animations and in-game animated characters from Bluth. Dirk's more than 150 3D, cel animations allows him to run, jump, roll, sneak, climb, crouch, crawl, swing, push, lift and somersault. Dragon's Lair 3D's 1080i compatibility shows off the game's real-time, 3D modeled and hand painted, textured world in a visual style so colorful that players will feel as if they are controlling an interactive, 3D cartoon.

Dragon’s Lair 3D: Return to the Lair Features:

·More than 150 new, unique 3D animations for Dirk the Daring allows Dirk to run, jump, roll, sneak, climb, crouch, crawl, swing, push, lift and somersault
·A real-time 3D modeled and hand painted, textured world features new next-generation visuals
·15 large, detailed, action-packed levels featuring more than 40 environments to explore and 250+ new rooms with numerous puzzles, traps, power-ups and hidden secrets to uncover
·The first Xbox title announced to feature 1080i High Definition TV graphics mode

LynxFX
08-13-2002, 07:59 PM
I've wanted a 1080i or 720p game since the launch of the Xbox but this game is not what I was waiting for. But could they have picked an uglier game to put out in HD? I don't really want an HD slideshow of pretty backgrounds with bad cell animations ontop of it. I can already do that.

Hugh_Jass
08-13-2002, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I've wanted a 1080i or 720p game since the launch of the Xbox but this game is not what I was waiting for. But could they have picked an uglier game to put out in HD? I don't really want an HD slideshow of pretty backgrounds with bad cell animations ontop of it. I can already do that.

Blasphemy!

Tyan
08-14-2002, 12:15 AM
Well I for one will be looking forward to making a friend with a HDTV so I can get another buddy to rent this one so I can check it out. This might actually shape up to be a fun title, then again it might blow like my ass wind. Either way I will check it out. So that means you need the high def. action pack for the xbox to view it on a hdtv right?

l Maximus l
08-14-2002, 12:49 AM
I understand that Fever 2003 is in Widescreen and HDTV...atleast, according to the back of the game case. I don't own it, but, does anyone have Fever 2003 and an HDTV? What is the level of resolution that it is capable of?

As for Dragon's Lair...I couldn't agree more with Lynxfx... I've never been a fan of the game or series. I may rent it to see what my HDTV can do in regards to video games, though :)

LynxFX
08-14-2002, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

Blasphemy!
:D

I'll probably do the same Max, rent it just to see it at least once.

I noticed Fever showed HDTV on the back as well but I have a feeling it is the same as Burnout. Anyone try it out yet?