PDA

View Full Version : Damn, Gamespot gives the PS2 version of NFL 2k3 a way better score

robphillips79
08-13-2002, 06:26 PM
What's up with this garbage?

PS2 version (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,560964,00.html)

Xbox version (http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/0,11114,560965,00.html)

Can somebody explain to me why he gave the PS2 score a tilt of '10' and the Xbox version a tilt of '9'?

Mercury
08-13-2002, 06:30 PM
That's simple. It's only his opinion and he wants the PS2 to succeed and the xbox to fail. Just like a lot of people do.

lllSmokelll
08-13-2002, 06:46 PM
their scores are based on the system!!!

VenoM
08-13-2002, 06:49 PM
you know what the f'ed up thing is.........the GC version also got a 9.1 just like the xbox version and GC doesnt even have online play....how the hell can it be equal to the xbox version while the ps2 gets a 9.6......it is very clear gamespot is a pro ps2 site....those bastards:mad:

yall
08-13-2002, 06:57 PM
That whole 'scores based on the system' argument is coming from the same people that say the ps2 is just as good of a system as the xbox. Their logic is completly flawed. If they are just as good systems and the only difference b/n the 2 games is graphics, then saying the ps2 version is better is completly illogical. Conversly, if the scores are meant to be accurate indicators of the systems capabilities vs. the quality of the game, then the ps2 must be considered inferior. They are totally biased, plain and simple.

Snoopy7548
08-13-2002, 06:58 PM
you guys are getting it all wrong. except for goldberg. they dont base the scores on other systems. if they did, then the xbox version would always come out on top. but they compare it to OTHER GAMES on the SAME system. so obviously the xbox version is gonna get a lower score, since the rest of the games on the xbox probly have better graphics and everything. and anyway, its just 1 guys opinion, its not like its the end of the world. and who cares what he thinks? you should only care about what you think. if the guy gave kabuki warriors a 9.2, are you gonna go out and buy it? no, youre not. you probly think its stupid. so, dont listen to reviews that much, all that matters is what you think.

robphillips79
08-13-2002, 07:12 PM
snoopy,

they only use the graphics category when basing games on each system. i just can't figure out why the tilt for the ps2 is a 10, as well as the value, when the Xbox got a 9 for both. explain to me how the value of the ps2 version is better than the Xbox version and tell me why the reviewer feels the ps2 version deserves a 10 for tilt compared to the xbox. it's ridiculous. i give up on gamespot.

peejay2288
08-13-2002, 07:15 PM
I agree Snoopy. If they didn't do it that way Xbox would come out on top. Look at the graphics!!!

robnyack
08-13-2002, 08:01 PM
it's odd though, seeing how I heard IGN gave NFL2k3 a 9.2 for the ps2 and at thew same time said the xbox would rate even higher because the game reportedly plays and looks better on the xbox.

at least that is what I was told.

Sodacider
08-13-2002, 08:31 PM
LMAO

you guys will appreciate THIS

on a little closer inspection of the reviews-----

XBOX User Review: 9.3 average
PS2 User Review: 8.7 average

EHWfedPres
08-13-2002, 08:35 PM
Dont worry. I dont read reviews because I dont care about another person's opinion. If im going to like a video game, I dont need some whackjob to tell me i like it.

robphillips79
08-13-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by Sodacider
LMAO

you guys will appreciate THIS

on a little closer inspection of the reviews-----

XBOX User Review: 9.3 average
PS2 User Review: 8.7 average

those mean nothing. the game isn't even out until tomorrow so everyone that voted is just making it up on speculation.

Toonz
08-13-2002, 09:18 PM
Not that they will respond but I just sent them a E-mail to there " Feedback " section asking why this is always the case in there reviews.

CajunIsRagin
08-13-2002, 09:34 PM
When are people(gamespot) gonna realize that its all about Online Gaming and talking trash over a voice communicator.Online alone should give the game a 7.0., maybe higher.Single player is just getting too boring for me but thats just me.The end of this year and 2003 will be X Box's year. I guarantee it. :cool:

thunderkiss2k1
08-14-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by CajunIsRagin
When are people(gamespot) gonna realize that its all about Online Gaming and talking trash over a voice communicator.Online alone should give the game a 7.0., maybe higher.Single player is just getting too boring for me but thats just me.The end of this year and 2003 will be X Box's year. I guarantee it. :cool:

Hello fellow louisiana resident. You really ought to sign up for the beta tester program for Xbox Live. Peace.