PDA

View Full Version : has anybody heard about the new game streethoops

gamefreaknoize
08-13-2002, 06:34 PM
Are there any game ballers out there who know about this new game Street Hoops? I checked it out here http://www.noizepollution.com/street_hoops1.asp and its dope. It has phat music too… DMX, Xzibit, Method Man/ Redman… Check it out!!!

Professor Kaos
08-14-2002, 09:49 PM
isnt there a pos2 game exactly like that?? i like it. i played the demo and it was a blast

y2kash_14
08-15-2002, 04:20 AM
yeah its a multi platform game. This game looks pretty tight, anybody got a release date, i know its sometime this month

digithug
08-16-2002, 03:50 PM
Street Hoops is out in North America. I haven't seen it in any Canadian stores yet but it was supposed to be here by today.

You guys should check out some of the Street Hoops reviews that have come out on the net. Most of them seem to say that this game sucks cuz it's poorly made. I was really looking forward to this game, I'm gonna have to rent it just to see for myself.

Apparently the dunking is the only really cool part of the game. Everything else falls short of next-gen quality. The Mad Skillz animations are performed WAY too fast. You can see this for yourself in the movies of the game. The physics are way off. The player models too angular. I read it's also nearly impossible to play defense in this game. Forget about blocking shots and rebounding. The list goes on...

So that's kinda dissapointing. I started a thread about this game in the sports section but I got nothin but flames.

peejay2288
08-16-2002, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by digithug
So that's kinda dissapointing. I started a thread about this game in the sports section but I got nothin but flames.

hehe...told ya!:)

LynxFX
08-17-2002, 01:47 AM
Well this game happens to be the first Hi-Def game on the Xbox and supports 720p (no 1080i support so most people with Rear Projection HDTV's our out of luck). But this is a start and from what I've heard, it looks incredible.

I never even heard of this game until I saw it at EB on the rack and read the back "HDTV-720p".

Might have to rent it just to see.

NegroGamer
08-17-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by digithug
Street Hoops is out in North America. I haven't seen it in any Canadian stores yet but it was supposed to be here by today.

You guys should check out some of the Street Hoops reviews that have come out on the net. Most of them seem to say that this game sucks cuz it's poorly made. I was really looking forward to this game, I'm gonna have to rent it just to see for myself.

keep in mind,the reviews are from 38 year old white guys that have never played a game of street ball in their life....its all good when they can review an RPG,or a FPS...but when it comes to a street ball game...they think its sposed to play like NBA and trash it...

y2kash_14
08-17-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by NegroGamer

keep in mind,the reviews are from 38 year old white guys that have never played a game of street ball in their life....its all good when they can review an RPG,or a FPS...but when it comes to a street ball game...they think its sposed to play like NBA and trash it...

that is so true....i never thought of that :)

digithug
08-17-2002, 04:09 PM
Yeah I totally agree, that's why I'm gonna have to check it out for myself. Reviews are just like someone's opinion, it doesn't mean everyone else will think the same thing.

zfBRAT
08-26-2002, 02:10 PM
my game choices for this payday were between street hoops and aggressive inline. they both looked exciting, but i went ahead and purchased aggressive inline. that game's tight!

Buccaneer21
08-26-2002, 10:41 PM
I bought it and love it, it's hella tite that you can play soundtracks of your own during games. :cool: :)

zfBRAT
08-29-2002, 09:41 PM
I bought it for my roommate's son, and it has become his favorite all around basketball game. He plays it on his lunch break and everything. I haven't messed with it, but I sure enjoy watching him play it.

Spaztic
08-30-2002, 02:03 PM
I got street hoopz....let me review it for ya! I haven't been able to put it down for a good week!

1. graphics are average, some of the courts are better then others, I feel the faces on the the players are not that detailed. The courts have people watching you play. Nothing really spectacular but then nothing horribly bad. I would like to say that this is one of the first games where they have not had polygon clipping, a definate plus. Overall graphics get a 7

2. sound...Honestly the soundtrack has some good beats on it, but they kinda get repetitive...no big deal because you can make your own soundtrack! So since you make your own sdtk, who cares what music was included....so I give it a 9

3. gameplay is really good, any one that has played street ball should know this. There are no fouls, so I try to strip the ball every chance I get. The passes are really cool to watch, since they are not the normal run of the mill pass, they definatly have some funky flare. The dunks are really well done, so well done I wish they had even more, but there is plenty different styles to keep a person entertained. The juke moves are all over the top, while sometimes it seems really easy to get the computer juked, but it really depends on your team!....I do have a few complaints, It sometimes seems hard to block shots, while I do get about 5 to 6 a game it just seems that I should get more since in nba 2k2 I was the blocking master. The defense is kinda hard to get the hang of, but once you play it awhile you will get pretty good at not giving the easy shots up. I feel also that once inside the 2 pt range shots almost never miss, but I soon figured out that you have to grab the shot if it bounces of the rim. otherwise it will sometimes roll in. On a 2plr game it seems sometimes where you are just exchanging points. This is just a warning this game is highly addictive!.....8.5

4. replay...like I said this game is highly addictive. I am playing the world championship and everytime you beat a team either you win a new person or stadium. You place bets on the stats you think you can win. There is always something to do in this game.....9.5

5. overall I love this game, with smooth animations and a new look on b-ball, I highly reccommend it! With the ability to buy jewelry, tatoos, hair styles, and cool bball clothes, you will have a blast making you own unique team. Buy this game if you love street ball, rent it if you don't know!

overall score : 8.5