PDA

View Full Version : 1st/3rd person games

weweber3
08-13-2002, 08:55 PM
I really like the fact that Morrowind has the option for both 1st and 3rd person view that you can toggle back and forth with... will these games have that... or atleast be 1st person (i HATE 3rd person)

Splinter Cell
Ghost Recon
Brute Force

Markus_Kalarkus
08-14-2002, 12:29 AM
nah ur pretty queer if u dont like 3rd person!!! it is the best, and even if it is 1st i dont even care its all the same to me...:cool:

weweber3
08-14-2002, 08:49 AM
Nice mature reply... sheesh.

ScorpionX
08-14-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Markus_Kalarkus
nah ur pretty queer if u dont like 3rd person!!! it is the best, and even if it is 1st i dont even care its all the same to me...:cool:

No I think a FPS is MUCH better than a TPS. So I guess I'm a queer :rolleyes:

And I believe Brute Force is a TPS only

:confused:

Tkf5000
08-14-2002, 11:46 AM
i like 3rd person adventure games and first peson shooter game. unless its a a gam like dead to rights, a shooter\action\fighter. it would look like crap going in bullet time diving on the floor in first person, plus it would be kinda hard. plus u gotta fight and do holds and stuff. but halo would need to be first person cuz its meant to be and it would be a lot harder and crappier if it was third person. thres no lock on system like dead to rights and 1st person makes it eaier and feel more relistic. so some games actually should be 3rd person,like dead to rights ,but some should be 1st person, like halo.

weweber3
08-14-2002, 12:56 PM
I agree that some games should be one way or another. But why not give ME or YOU the option, such as is Morrowind?

lllSmokelll
08-14-2002, 10:59 PM
An RPG in first person is stupid....

weweber3
08-15-2002, 07:09 AM
Why is the first person perspective stupid in an RPG? Better yet, why is the option of 3rd or 1st stupid?

Tkf5000
08-15-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Goldberg
An RPG in first person is stupid.... your stoopid. rpgs have always been in first person. ever play an old D&D computer game like Eye of The Beholder? so this aint something new. and it aint stoopid.

Duke
08-15-2002, 11:17 AM
Goldberg, I'm pretty sure you didn't like Morrowind, so I guess your opinon is valid.

Other than that, Morrowind is pretty much useless except for talking and walking around in third person.

Of course the only RPG's I've ever really played was FFI and FFII for NES and SNES respectively. I think that the first person adds a lot of depth. I know the new FFwhatever was 3rd, but after 20 minutes of movies I just couldn't play it anymore.