PDA

View Full Version : INFINITES TRUE BREAK DOWN OF ALL 3 FOOTBALL GAMES (must read)!!

Infinite
08-14-2002, 12:03 AM
Ok first off I have put a good amount of time into all 3 of these games because I work at gamestop (not gamespot) and get to play them early. SO lets begin. ps reply if you enjoy what I wrote:)
============================================

#1 MAdden.

The name Madden itself will turn heads witout a doubt its been around a while and EA is the king at advertising this game without even having to pay for advertising. There fans talk for them.

Now the break down...

+ The graphics are alot better on xbox this year and the loading is a lot quicker because it uses the hardrive. a good positive. looks like ea is listening to the fans more than last year.

+Player models look slightly better. but the actual stadiums and surface of the fields are unmatched.

+The training camp is a great addition. Passing drills.blocking drills.etcc....

+ Franchise is deeped with expaned rosters.

-Same character models with little improvement.

-No new innovative features that we are so used to.

-no online play

overall -----8.9
=========================================
#2 Nfl Fever

Last years was a huge surprise though the passing game was quite easy adn the running game was quite easy. It still had potential and gave us hope for them to build upon. unfortunarly fever may not be the #1 selling football game this Year! :/

+/- Great looking character models. but still very unlife like. all faces look default.

+Stadiums are incredibly huge

+online play

+dynasty Mode

+great bump mapping and great looking helmet reflections

-not quite sim enough. Still to arcadish. with very little added when it comes to animations. Not many motion captured moves.

Players move to jerky in between movements.

Overall. 8/10
=============================================

#3 NFL 2k3

Now sega has been know to realy pour there sweat and tears into there games. but no one could have expected this!! and neither did I!

+ Redone models of players. NO more long legged football players with no upper bodys. The character models now have almost double the polygon count madden has. what doesa this mean for us....

+Best looking faces on players ever! The players actually look like themselfs!

+incredible animations. WIth over 3,000 animated moves the players move like silk! (the # is from our computers)

+ Espn license! Finally a company has done good with the espn license! With incredible replays and introductions.

+incredible compantary. bringing up past plays etc...

+online play

+running game is incredible. blockers dont get in the way as easly!

- NONE!!!

Overall 9.7/10

I may sound like a fan boy for nfl 2k3. but thats because I am right now! I had fever and madden last year. but this year its 2k3!!

trust me you will not be dissapointed!

p.s. soory for mispellings really tired.

Calve
08-14-2002, 12:16 AM
Sweet man Very good post!!! 5 star rating for the thread:) !!!
im getting 2k3 also!!! i cant wait... but my eb says its only comin in on thursday :(:mad:

Tyan
08-14-2002, 12:31 AM
well of all three I was thinking about 2k3 as well. Let me ask you guys which one you think would be the most fun for me to play being that I am not a huge football game or sports game fan in general. I mean I like to pick them up every now and then but mostly I like to have at least one sports title so my friends can play, they all like sports games.

DZNUTZ
08-14-2002, 12:44 AM
infinte...long time no see ( if your the xbamember i remember:confused: )

thats music to my ears..especially considering i'm a die hard madden fan and already pretty much made up my mind to get 2k3 this year since ea foooooooked the royal hell up and didn't support xboxlive.