PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell or MGS2: Substance

Stanto
08-14-2002, 05:18 AM
my god these games are sweet as. i have never seen anything as good as them in my life. but which is better?????

Tinny
08-14-2002, 08:09 AM
Having seen the UK OXM video of Splinter Cell I got to say I am looking forward to that more then MGS2: Substance. Even though it didn't show all the equipment (optic fibre and sticky cam) it did show our character doing the splits up corridors and shimying along ropes. Although this game looks like a great stealth game it will still have action but don't expect alot of moves for you to use in combat. Oh, and Project Ego video was on it too. Wow.

SoccerCJM77
08-14-2002, 08:33 AM
:eek: Everyone Knows Halo is the best game out now

Tinny
08-14-2002, 08:40 AM
Read the thread title. :rolleyes:

Jarvis
08-14-2002, 08:56 AM
Definitely Spinter Cell, what does MG have that SC doesn't, except maybe the mulletude?

-jarvis

Angell
08-14-2002, 09:39 AM
Im going to read reveiws on both..... Although Splinter Cell, yummy :)

FuNkY mOnK
08-14-2002, 10:10 AM
Mgs substance looks amazing with the vr mission’s, smart move on konami’s part. Splinter cell looks to set the bar on stealth another notch. You have the xbox it’s a no brainer, both are must have, as to which one is better? very hard call until we play them.

KviK
08-14-2002, 10:21 AM
Those who say splinter cell is better are hyped up idiots, don't judge a game untill you play it. Graphics mean nothing and enclave has proven that 110%

tomacco
08-14-2002, 10:36 AM
I won't know which is better but I'm more looking forward to Splinter Cell..... As long as half the game isn't Movies, I'll be happy

MixMasta
08-14-2002, 11:45 AM
ill probably pick up both, but i think splinter cell will be my first choice

Dyslexic Chaos
08-14-2002, 02:04 PM
Why choose just one. i'm getting both. as for which 1 I get first, why, whichever is released first I guess. I like them both equally so far.

Professor Kaos
08-14-2002, 02:52 PM
you cant really judge which is better by just lookin at screen shots and readin a few reviews, im really excited bout mgs2 cuz i loved it for ps2 but im definetly gonna get both.

laters

Shorezy
08-14-2002, 03:14 PM
Both seem incredible, but my pick will be Splinter cell. I guess there's only one way to find out though......wait.

KGB Agent
08-14-2002, 03:17 PM
Splinter Cell will likely be better. But just get both.

Play MGS2 and see if you like it. If you don't, the changes made for Substance probably won't mean much anyway.

KGB

Afro Aura
08-14-2002, 08:59 PM
I'd pick Splinter Cell, I got nothing againt MGS it's just that I don't what to hear "we had this first nah, nah, na, na, na" by some PS2 fools

even though that MGS will lot better on the XBOX (I hope) it's just there in my mind

I suppose I could do the same to them when Splinter Cell comes out on the PS2 hahaha, nah forget that I aint no kid let them laugh I know we'll have the best version.

Professor Kaos
08-14-2002, 09:39 PM
Afro Aura:I'd pick Splinter Cell, I got nothing againt MGS it's just that I don't what to hear "we had this first nah, nah, na, na, na" by some PS2 fools.even though that MGS will lot better on the XBOX (I hope) it's just there in my mind.I suppose I could do the same to them when Splinter Cell comes out on the PS2 hahaha, nah forget that I aint no kid let them laugh I know we'll have the best version.

but we will have mgs2:substance first

y2kash_14
08-15-2002, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by SoccerCJM77
:eek: Everyone Knows Halo is the best game out now

you sir, deserve this award http://www.americaworks.net/idiots/images/idiot-award.jpg

......im really looking forward to both of these games, the decision of which is better, is certainly VERY hard, but i think Splinter Cell is going to be slightly better than MGS, although both excellent looking games.