PDA

View Full Version : 'Possible' Solution to the Dirty Disc Errors

Mr Blonde
08-14-2002, 10:59 AM
I have just picked up my 5th...yes 5th Xbox. First 4 would begin to throw up DD errors and hang occaisionally. All 4 developed problems within a couple of weeks of purchasing them. The fourth one started playing up after one day.

After 3 faulty units I decided to get a refund and not another xbox. 6 months later I get another one hoping it would be ok. Nope, problems after a day.

I start to think it must be to do with the enviroment I'm placing them in and unlikely 4 are faulty.

They were placed on a well ventilated wooden unit, discs were always immaculate and handled perfectly.

First I got an electrician to check my wall sockets, all were well within the requirements and didn't fluctuate wildly.

I then thought perhaps the unit wasn't level, it looked level to me. Put a spirit level on it and it was leaning quite badly forward.
I put another shelf underneath and made it perfectly level with rubber feet. It was an inch lower at the front, which is quite a bit.

Game would still throw up DD errors but I thought the disc may have been damaged by the xbox not being level.

I exchanged the game and xbox and it has been perfect ever since.

I also started keeping xbox discs in normal cd album cases as xbox cases tend to scratch the discs IMO.

I suggest people who are having problems check their machine is perfectly level.

Tkf5000
08-14-2002, 11:04 AM
i never got any errors. thats gotta stink. 5 xboxes! well one inch down is a big way down. the laser probly had a hard time rading the data off the disc.

KviK
08-14-2002, 11:13 AM
I had disk error 5 times since november 15th. I never had any other problems other then fever 2002 crashing once.

Don't be stupid with your electronics and they will work fine. Those who jump across the room while xbox is playing a disk are idiots.

SoccerCJM77
08-14-2002, 02:33 PM
:eek: I don't know just get a rag or something or just buy a new disc