PDA

View Full Version : Goalie Fights???

tomacco
08-14-2002, 12:23 PM
Hey there,

By checking out the video here (http://www.midway.com/FutureTense/assets/video/hitz03_sizzle_video_small.mpg) it sure seems to me that there will be goalie fights in NHL Blitz 20-03. Can anyone confirm this???

Chr0nik
08-14-2002, 12:51 PM
First off it is NHL Hitz, secondly this has always been a dark spot in all NHL games due to the players association. They do not like the idea of goalie fights, they never have and never will, I would be suprised to see it in 2003.

Young_Fledgling
08-14-2002, 12:53 PM
ya i agree with whatever that guy said.. there has always been tons of contraversy......

i remember in nhl 2000 there was gonna be goalie fights but they took it out... so i really doubt it will happen. :)

tomacco
08-14-2002, 12:55 PM
True i did screw up the name...sorry, but by the looks of that video, it will have them. Also, i would imagine that it's more the NHL board of directors that have a problem with fighting rather than the players. Less violence means a large market which means more $$$ for the owners.

I'm basing this specifically at :21 sec and at :40 sec of the video clip

tomacco
08-16-2002, 10:50 AM
I emailed Midway about this and here's the reply:

Thank you for contacting Midway Games. Let’s just say that the goalies take a more interactive part in the game, much like their real-life counterparts!!

Sincerely,

Claire Moore, Customer Service Manager
Midway Games

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2002 11:01 AM
To: webmaster@midway.com
Subject: NHL Hitz 20-03

Hello there,

I was wondering if you could tell me if there will be Goalie Fights in this upcomming game of yours. From watching the preview videos it would seem that there will be which is great if you ask me.

Thanks,

Gotta love Customer Service answers that don't actually tell you anything....although, not outright denying it says something in itself

Shorezy
08-16-2002, 11:27 AM
It looks to me like that video is confermation enough. LOL. Looks awesome.

kornavs19
08-16-2002, 08:22 PM
That would be sick . ..............:)

Whisper
08-16-2002, 08:56 PM
you maybe get one goalie fight every 2-3 seasons in the nhl... they are more rare than someone being killed by a puck in the crowd... hmmm... the last one i can remember was Cujo vs Hextall... but it was so long ago i think it might have been Potvin vs Hextall

EHWfedPres
08-17-2002, 03:52 PM
NHL Hitz is a great, addictive game, very fun...nice find. :)

AmpedRider
08-17-2002, 05:17 PM
nothin wrong with goalie fights roy and the old detroit gold faught lol

mrmp3
08-17-2002, 06:40 PM
I've seen a couple from time to time. I know Richter or the Rangers backup got in fights with the Islanders goalie every once in a while. Back on topic, if goalie fights were in that would be amazing. It would be nice to see a Midway Sports game get a pretty big upgrade unlike Blitz 20-03 did (c'mon released within the same year?) Signing off...